1989 Saab 9000

Saab 9000 Turbo w/ highly salvageable power train

by from Greater Los Angeles Area on July 30, 2017

I originally got this Saab when I was living in Wisconsin, with the idea of restoring it. Soon, though, I realized that the road salts used during the long winters in that region had done a lot more damage to it than I had thought. The body quickly began to rust, and I abandoned the restoration plans. I used the car regularly for 5 years, and even took it on a few cross-country trips. The thing has always performed well, and I could lay rubber with it in 4 of its 5 forward gears :-) I did THAT a few times too many, though, and fried the clutch. Replaced the clutch and slave cylinder and a year later moved to California---driving the Saab, of course. I now own a vintage Volvo, and wish to sell the Saab, which is (truthfully) only good for salvaging the power train from. Anyone who needs a good, strong turbo-charged Saab engine with a 5-speed transmission and a darn-near-new clutch should contact me about this car.

Our Expert Review: 1989 Saab 9000