2011 Saab 9-5 consumer reviews

$38,525–$39,875 MSRP range
side view of 2011 9-5 Saab
Explore the 2011 Saab 9-5

2011 9.5 PREMIUM TURBO

2yrs. AND LOVING IT .. GETS BETTER GAS MILAGE NOW THEN WHEN NEW. COMFORT STYLE . WOULD BUY THIS AGAIN AND AGAIN.......... JAVA METALIC WITH BIEGE LEATHER INTERIOR ... WHAT A LOOKER . 2 YEARS OLD AND STILL TURNS HEADS.. I THINK GM GOT RID OF IT BECAUSE IT WAS TO MUCH COMPETITION FOR THE REST OF IT'S LUXURY LINE. GO OUT AND SEE . WHAT WAS STANDARD IN THIS CAR WASN'T EVEN AN OPTION ON OTHERS . STILL RUNS LIKE NEW , KEEPING THIS ONE . BOUGHT NEW EVERY YEAR . BUT NOW I FOUND IT .

THE BEST CAR EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the finest cars i have ever had the pleasure to own and drive. Claasy,sporty, and fun fun fun!!

2011 saab 9-5 premium

I bought my Saab 9-5 Premium new with just 160miles on it about 8mo ago.. WOW... what a great car. it does need a little warm up time for full acceleration. Technology package is worth every penny.

Great Car

Replaced my old 9-5 with this and have not been disappointed. Getting great compliments from people that drive BMW 7 Series. Can't wait for SAAB to get back up and running and produce even greater cars without GM holding them back. If you are thinking of buying this car, don't hold back! A great alternative to the too popular BMW's and Audi's. It just has nice understated design and great performance.

Amazing Car - years ahead of competition

My daughter has a Benz 550 sport edition model, and thinks our 9-5 is faster and steers better. Head up display at night is amazing. Even puts important navigation information there. Bought a full spare because we go from LI to the woods of Vermont where nearest dealer is 60 miles away, nearest service station and even food market 20 miles and spotty cell service, so keep that in large trunk in winter ... and bought set of winter tires (which we also did on our Volvo S80 and Jeep Grand cherokee). Anyway, amazing traction, road handling, stiff seats, perfect but spartan interior ... best car we have ever owned ... and we have ones over 25 in our lifetime including about 15 luxury cars. Quiet and harmon kardon speakers are perfect. A little while to learn the car ... and we stopped at a bank with my wife sitting in the car ... the taxi driver came out and took a picture and she was wondering ... but his window was open and she heard him say " It is a Saab ... I am telling you a new saab ... Here I have a picture ... No, not a Jaguar ... a Saab) Buy one if you can find one.

outstanding value

This is the 4th SAAB we've owned and we absolutely love it. It handles like a dream and is the best car we've owned so far - including SAABs, Dodge, VW, and Porsche.

Saab Story

Whats not to like, FUN ride! I bought a low miles Aero Trim a month ago @ a third of the original MSRP, hard to pass on. If you take a flyer consider adding a "transferable" robust aftermarket warranty with "in shop" rental car provision to hedge your bet. Very Happy so far, although have not needed parts yet. Did do some parts and body panel home work prior to purchase seems to be an ample supply according to web sources & X dealer inquiry, not totally sure about glass. Saab Parts group was stand alone and outside the Saab / GM relationship (or lack there of). Interesting note, Thought I needed a reverse lamp replaced on the drivers side and found out that the car is designed with only 1, "according to the X Saab dealer service tech", how strange is that? Wondering what other weirdness awaits. I have had several V8 300 HP XJ8 Jaguars, and this car seems equally as quick in higher gears, although a touch rougher ride. Up side is AWD & tons more interior room all thru the passenger compartment, especially the back seat. Trunk room is ok at best in my opinion. Two golf bags max without using the split fold down back seat. I was never interested in Saab, but found this 9-5 passed the eyeball test with a very unique design and found it to be a comfortable & quick ride. Unfortunately it will only become more unique. Saab was on to something with this model and over time, with some minor Trim & Sticker tweaking, would no doubt have gained market share relative to its Euro main stream competition. Anyway, for the current value , quality & fun of driving the 9-5, not to mention the occasional " what in the bleep is that " Red Light Glance, Its worth a flyer.

awesome car, and buying experience

Love this Saab! Bought the car with 30 miles on it. Beautiful car with a silky feel. Quick, sophisticated ride. Very happy with my purchase. Too bad GM dumped the brand! Oh, and I beat a show off in his BMW 550 off the line! Ha!

3.3

Beware!!!!

Just found out that there are NO replacement windshields available for this model. A rock cracked or windshield and even the Saab dealer said that there are none being made! What a crock! Cant drive a $45,000 car with no windshield.

4.4

Beautiful Car

I have been very pleased with my purchase of this beautiful car. It is very eye catching, extremely comfortable, and gets great gas mileage for a car this size. We use it for a family sedan and it is perfect for long trips.