2007 Ion

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great value - Dependable car

by Value minded from Chicago, IL on November 15, 2008

Previously I owned a 1997 SL2 Saturn for 10 years and over 170,000 miles that got 33 mpg combined city/highway and 37 mpg on the highway. My 2007 ION gets a little less mpg (31 mpg combined and 36 mpg highway) but has a lot more power which is a nice compromise not giving up too much mpg. It's certainly not a race car, sports car, or luxury car but so far (27,000 miles) it has been nothing less than a great value and dependable. Just routine maintanence. With the plastic bodies these cars really hide their age: no rust, dings, or dents. Though no longer in production, the styling remains current as evidenced by the new Nissan Sentra which appearsto be a clone of the ION from the exterior.

Ion 2 is FUN to DRIVE!!!

by trainloon from Pocono Mts., PA on November 29, 2011

This is a great basic car for back and forth to work and running errands. I wouldn't go on long trips in it, and you certainly shouldn't take on tractor trailers on the Interstate. Visibility is excellent. Lots of pickup and good handling can help you avoid hazards if needed. It is lightweight so fuel economy is good. The fuel tank is too small for this car. Braking is excellent! The steering sounds take some adaptation since it is motor assisted, not hydraulic. Steering is easy, we like it. You can park it easily. Road noise is negative, but a nice stereo system cancels out that. Wind noise is fine.

A Solid Car..........

by Saturn Owner from Northern New jersey on May 15, 2007

I traded in a 1997 SL 1 automatic with almost 118,000 miles on the odometer[bought off lease back in 2000 with almost 38,000 miles} and i have no regrets about my purchase.The engine is quieter, faster and smoother than the one on my previous Saturn.The transmission is smooth shifting and the electric power steering makes handling a breeze.The ride is smooth and my ION is certainly quieter than my S sedan.I found the center instrument POD is easy to get used to.I find the radio and heater/ac controls easy to use .The seats are comfortable.I wish that the power window controls were lighted for nighttime. I also find that the I liked the way i could fold down the rear seats on my older Saturn.On the ION you have to pull a lever in the trunk not a tab on the seat back.Saturn has done an excellent job in refining the ION since its introduction.The styling is beautiful and the front end echos the Aura.Unfortunately the ION is no longer being assembled but dealers may have some left in stock.Mine has the side air brakes and anti-lock brakes along with the power package and A/C. I am reaching the 3000 mile mark and I have no problems with my ION.OnStar is great but I think that you should the oil at the 3000 mile mark.If you buy one used try for the later model years and try and verify when the oil was changed.The owner of my previous Saturn changed the oil way past the 3000 mile mark which contributed to its excessive oil consumption.I do not think that the ION will have this problem-the engine used GM's Ecotec 2.2 is much better than my S sedans engine.This engine just by itself is the reason the ION is a solid car.

Fun Car Great Gas Mileage

by Speedy from New Hampshire on December 1, 2007

A fun car with great gas mileage. The Saturn Ion 3 quad coupe has electric steering, mp3 6cd changer moonroof, and quad doors that your not going to find in any othr cars at this price. Saturns excellent dealer satifaction and reliability are also a plus. Very happy with purchase and would recommend.

I love my car!

by Jessica from Evansville, IN on October 20, 2006

I got this car after I was in a wreck and totaled my last Saturn. I love how it handles and rides. The only thing that I don't like is that sometimes when I accelerate fast from a stop, the tires skid before they move. Other than that, I don't have any complaints. The interior is beautiful. I love the center instrument panel--it makes it much easier to see how fast I'm going and what not than when it was right in front of my face. I would totally recommend a Saturn ION or any Saturn, for that matter, to anybody! The experience buying the car was simple, as well.

my last UAW built car

by USNflash from Hattiesburg, Ms. on March 20, 2010

Purchased for tow car for motorhome. Owner of four vehicles,including motorhome. This one is my favorite to drive around town. Realy good on gas, 24mpg in town.

Uses car for Towing

one of the most reliable cars I've owned

by satisfied saturn subject from Poconos, PA on August 27, 2012

The center dash was easier to get used to than I thought. The ride is smooth and comfortable; handling and braking great; great gas mileage for the seating size; however cloth seats hard to keep clean with two little ones and exterior sounds a bit louder as the car ages.

the best car i've owned ever

by family car enthusiastic from orlando fl. on October 18, 2011

saturn ion is reliable one. gas saver, running smooting,confortable interiors and nice radiosaunds,a/c never fail and you have the power when you realy need.

MOST RELIABLE CAR I HAVE OWNED

by BH from POMPANO BCH, FL on July 21, 2017

FUN CAR TO DRIVE, GREAT ON GAS , VERY COMFORTABLE AND SHARP, GREAT VALUE FO THE MONEY, PARTS ARE EASY TO FIND AND SERVICE FEES ARE FAIR

Truly a safe and reliable drive

by Buecy11 on June 5, 2018

I bought a 2007 ion as my second car, upgrading from a 2005 of the same model. I had a few issues at the beginning and had to put a little money into it but after they were fixed it worked like a charm. Good on gas, great visibility, and I quite liked the dash in the middle instead of behind the wheel. Recently I was hit while driving it. The other vehicle took out all the way from bumper to bumper on the driver's side. If I was driving a less sturdy car I could have gotten seriously injured. I'm lucky this is the car I was in. I would highly recommend it to anyone else and feel completely comfortable using this vehicle if I had kids and wanted something safe and reliable

1 2 3 4