2007 Ion

2007 Saturn Ion

2007 Saturn Ion

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2007 Saturn Ion?

Ion 2 is FUN to DRIVE!!!

by trainloon from Pocono Mts., PA on Tue Nov 29 2011

This is a great basic car for back and forth to work and running errands. I wouldn't go on long trips in it, and you certainly shouldn't take on tractor trailers on the Interstate. Visibility is excellent. Lots of pickup and good handling can help you avoid hazards if needed. It is lightweight so fuel economy is good. The fuel tank is too small for this car. Braking is excellent! The steering sounds take some adaptation since it is motor assisted, not hydraulic. Steering is easy, we like it. You can park it easily. Road noise is negative, but a nice stereo system cancels out that. Wind noise is fine.

A Solid Car..........

by Saturn Owner from Northern New jersey on Tue May 15 2007

I traded in a 1997 SL 1 automatic with almost 118,000 miles on the odometer[bought off lease back in 2000 with almost 38,000 miles} and i have no regrets about my purchase.The engine is quieter, faster and smoother than the one on my previous Saturn.The transmission is smooth shifting and the electric power steering makes handling a breeze.The ride is smooth and my ION is certainly quieter than my S sedan.I found the center instrument POD is easy to get used to.I find the radio and heater/ac controls easy to use .The seats are comfortable.I wish that the power window controls were lighted for nighttime. I also find that the I liked the way i could fold down the rear seats on my older Saturn.On the ION you have to pull a lever in the trunk not a tab on the seat back.Saturn has done an excellent job in refining the ION since its introduction.The styling is beautiful and the front end echos the Aura.Unfortunately the ION is no longer being assembled but dealers may have some left in stock.Mine has the side air brakes and anti-lock brakes along with the power package and A/C. I am reaching the 3000 mile mark and I have no problems with my ION.OnStar is great but I think that you should the oil at the 3000 mile mark.If you buy one used try for the later model years and try and verify when the oil was changed.The owner of my previous Saturn changed the oil way past the 3000 mile mark which contributed to its excessive oil consumption.I do not think that the ION will have this problem-the engine used GM's Ecotec 2.2 is much better than my S sedans engine.This engine just by itself is the reason the ION is a solid car.

I love my car!

by Jessica from Evansville, IN on Fri Oct 20 2006

I got this car after I was in a wreck and totaled my last Saturn. I love how it handles and rides. The only thing that I don't like is that sometimes when I accelerate fast from a stop, the tires skid before they move. Other than that, I don't have any complaints. The interior is beautiful. I love the center instrument panel--it makes it much easier to see how fast I'm going and what not than when it was right in front of my face. I would totally recommend a Saturn ION or any Saturn, for that matter, to anybody! The experience buying the car was simple, as well.

Fun Car Great Gas Mileage

by Speedy from New Hampshire on Sat Dec 01 2007

A fun car with great gas mileage. The Saturn Ion 3 quad coupe has electric steering, mp3 6cd changer moonroof, and quad doors that your not going to find in any othr cars at this price. Saturns excellent dealer satifaction and reliability are also a plus. Very happy with purchase and would recommend.

MOST RELIABLE CAR I HAVE OWNED

by BH from POMPANO BCH, FL on Fri Jul 21 2017

FUN CAR TO DRIVE, GREAT ON GAS , VERY COMFORTABLE AND SHARP, GREAT VALUE FO THE MONEY, PARTS ARE EASY TO FIND AND SERVICE FEES ARE FAIR

one of the most reliable cars I've owned

by satisfied saturn subject from Poconos, PA on Mon Aug 27 2012

The center dash was easier to get used to than I thought. The ride is smooth and comfortable; handling and braking great; great gas mileage for the seating size; however cloth seats hard to keep clean with two little ones and exterior sounds a bit louder as the car ages.

my last UAW built car

by USNflash from Hattiesburg, Ms. on Sat Mar 20 2010

Purchased for tow car for motorhome. Owner of four vehicles,including motorhome. This one is my favorite to drive around town. Realy good on gas, 24mpg in town.

Uses car for Towing

Very reliable

by Darryl Parson from Trotwood OH on Thu Dec 13 2018

This car met all my needs and came along at the right time. It came with the features and reliability I require. No more bus rides.

i put over 100 miles everyday on my Saturn

by Tony’s Saturn from Carlyle Illinois on Fri Jul 12 2019

This car is great for commuting to work in. The fuel mileage is very good. I’ve heard people getting 275,000 miles on their Saturn. I bought my Saturn with 92,000 miles for a 1200.00 now has 168,900 miles. Been very dependable

Alot of car for the money

by New Ion Owner from Chicago, IL on Sat Jun 02 2007

Whats not to like, we look at used Toyotas with high mileage and took a test drive in the Ion and bought it instantly. The seats could be a bit more comfortable for 'senior' bodies but overall it's a hoot to drive, great on gas, and for the money, a terrific car.

1 2 3 4 5