2004 Vue

3.9

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Performance
4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2004 Saturn Vue?

2004 SATURN VUE 4 CYL 5 SPEED

by fallgirl from Rutland, Vermont on Thu Feb 04 2016

My 2004 VUE has. 210,000 plus miles on it and is still going STRONG! I had to replace the radiator and starter. It needed a new muffler awhile back. The battery has been replaced a few times as well as the brakes as needed. Of course I bought new tires as needed. I always keep up on the oil changes. This SUV is wonderful! I hope to keep it running as long as possible. The exterior is in awesome shape as well. The Vermont winters are not a worry for me when I have my winter tires on it. I LOVE THIS VEHICLE.

Good Workhorse

by ViD from Dallas, TX on Mon Jul 26 2010

Just pay attention to the reviews. Stay away from the CVT transmission. Ive had ours for 2yrs. Real solid workhorse. Moved in the darn thing. Been on several trips. Its our daily driver. No mechanical issues although ours may need new brakes and shocks soon. I thought this was better compared to the Ford Escape, Honda Element, and Chevy versions...

Great car, but a bit noisy

by saturn driver from Virginia Beach, Va on Mon Jul 20 2009

I purchased my Saturn Vue in 2004. It has been extremely reliable, but I am beginning to have trouble with the transmission slipping and my gas cap is constantly sticking (I have 116,000 miles on the vehicle thus far). The most major complaint I have is that it is a bit loud in the interior (due to the tire noise). It is tolerable, but I do have to turn up the radio and volume on my cell phone to hear. Otherwise, it is a roomy, comfortable ride.

I'm Enjoying The Vue

by Just Me Tami from Sacramento, CA on Thu Mar 19 2015

My daughter had one first so i kind of knew i wanted a Vue. I love it! It sits up nice and high. I'm short ado i really like that. The gas mileage for the size is amazing. Now my ex hubby's girl friend has one! So basically all the women in our family have a Saturn Vue and love love love them!

55,000 Miles and Good To Go

by IndySam from Indianapolis, IN on Wed Nov 05 2008

No car gets 5 stars. Bought Vue V6 Auto new in 2004. 4 years later, no maintenance issues except for 2 recalls - strut tower and gas cap. Driven in town, through ice and snow, long road trips, hauled boxing and baseball gear in the back, stuffed it with a large armoire, a huge television, and fit my pitching cage in with no problem. Average 22 MPG combined city and highway. I have nothing special on the car and that said, the stereo is average. Everything else works as I expect it. The tires are 17" and that means a specialty size and specialty price - about $500-$600 for new replacements. Starts and runs great with lots of power and good stability. AWD is fantastic in snow. Just a solid vehicle for the time I have owned it. Warranty even covers lockout protection, something I have had the occasion to use. May go to something with better MPG and smaller in the next few weeks, but would not steer you away from getting this year and model as a used car.

great 'lil suv for the $

by rcmeutsch from sebastopol,ca on Fri Apr 29 2016

Bought a brand new vue in '03, bare bones 4 cylinder stick. loved it, but it smelled of plastic that hurt my lungs. had to keep the windows open all year- in buffalo! so sold it after 2 years. just bought a 2004 cheap (in 2016) with the same engine, but it has more toys. this one is all out-gassed now, and I love the sunroof and sound system, feels like a convertible sports car with the top down and the 5 speed cranking. could be faster, turbo would be cool, but it's great fun! best of both worlds, can haul stuff and have fun, too....

Its been great!

by jds21x from west bloomfield wisconsin on Sun Dec 06 2009

3.5 v6 2 wheel drive. Bought this suv right before my first kid was born for safty and room. i am still young so i like to zip around. i pull a trailer with it a lot with either a atv or ice shanty on it the saturn has no problem pulling it. i moved from florida to wisconsin pulled the trailer the whole way loaded also the suv was loaded couldnt see out of the back window. had no problems and got really good gas mileage i was impressed. its geared pretty high so im thinking thats why it gets good gpm's 2,000 rpms at 76 miles an hour. its also got 17'' rims and tires so that helps to. i beat on her a lil bit when i can and use synthetic oil in tranny and engine and i have no problems at all knock on wood. great suv for me and my adventures alone or with the family. ps the heated seats are great wouldnt buy a car without them ever again...

Vue

by CDrop from Columbus, Oh on Thu May 06 2010

The Vue is by far the best bang for the buck. Honda engine and transmission in my 04. Runs strong and handles very well. The only downside is a somewhat awkward interior as far as control placement. Once you get used to the interior layout this thing is a dream. I have to say the look is unique but I have grown to love it also. I would highly recommend trying one of these out for yourself.

Practical Grocery-Getter

by You can call me Mama from Ventura County, CA on Tue Feb 06 2007

The Saturn VUE gets the job done. There's nothing fancy about this car (or most Saturns, for that matter) but it is very reliable and practical. I love the handling of my AWD VUE and since it's so light (body is fiberglass) the 256 horsepower can really kick. For the same reason the gas mileage is fantastic. Front/side visibility can be a problem, so pay attention to that when taking turns on a test drive. Also, turning radius is terrible, worse than full-size SUVs and trucks! The interior is pretty bare bones (mine is one step below fully-loaded "Red Line") and the features is does boast are cheap-feeling. This car fulfills its job requirements but is in no way an "overachiever."

One of the best cars I've Owned

by Saturn Sold from Nashville, TN on Sat May 21 2011

Only one thing ever went bad was a cluth slave valve. With proper maintenance it is a great car. Good gas milage.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2004 Saturn Vue

Souped-up Saturn SUV aims for male audience

MILFORD--Before I sat down to write about the 2004 Saturn Vue Red Line sport utility vehicle, I did an informal online poll of my girlfriends to see if they even understood what "Red Line" meant.

One thought it had something to do with preventing people from buying houses in certain neighborhoods. Another thought it was a hospital crisis. One asked if it was a kind of navigation system.

Nobody guessed that it was a reference only automotive performance enthusiasts would readily understand. On a vehicle's tachometer, which counts the number of engine revolutions per minute, the "Red Line" marks the maximum speed at which the engine can... Read More