2013 tC

2013 Scion tC

2013 Scion tC

Have you driven the 2013 Scion tC?

Unbelievable.

by Kenny P from Oldsmar, FL on Sun May 05 2013

After assessing the features vs price on this car, part of me was wondering how Toyota (Scion) was able to make a profit off this car. I have owned the car for 5 weeks now and put a little over 1.3k miles on it and I am yet to find any shortcomings. First performance. This car comes with a 2.5L Toyota engine that makes 180HP/173 Torque and features Variable Valve Timing. This car gives you plenty of up and go off the line and while driving. You definitely get the "pushed back in your seat" feel when you step on the gas. It's no Ferrari but it is exceptionally fast for a naturally aspirated engine. The car will also make very high MPG when driven correctly. I can get around 40MPG on the highway. It comes with a great sounding exhaust system that has a low rumble but isn't obnoxious by any stretch. Style. Being a graphic designer, the design and look of my cars must appeal to me. The style of this car is awesome from every angle and is what drew me in initially. Absolutely beautiful line work all around. Best of all, it looks like nothing else on the road. The 18in Alloys that come standard look great and fit the car perfectly. Even a month after owning it, every time I get out I glance back at it and smile. Looks great with tinted windows BTW. Interior. I personally love the interior. Some people say this where it falls short but I disagree completely. I comes STANDARD with an 8 speaker (Lexus) 300watt stereo that sounds great. It has very comfortable racing-style seats and a straight forward layout for the stereo/AC controls. Comes standard with a flat bottom steering wheel and steering wheel stereo controls (volume, mode, track). When the back seats are folded down you have an immense amount of storage and the dual-moon roof is just awesome. I absolutely love my 2013 ScionTC. It's just such a slick, well balance car with a beautiful design and a great price. It comes with so many standard features that Scion could have easily charged extra for but didn't. Remember, this car is made by Toyota so you know its built to last. Fun Fact: In every other country aside from the U.S. they are call Toyota TC's.

Nice Sporty Car

by Pirate from Chicago Area on Fri Sep 07 2012

Puchased the tC a few weeks ago to manily get better gas milage. Traded in a 2011 Nissan Murano getting at best 20 mpg. Fist week getting around 31.8 in combined city and highway. tC seems to be staying near those averages so far as time passes on. Highway speeds are varied anywhere from 65 to 75 mph. So not really bad. Car is exterior is definetly a hit. The inside lets just say is OK. Not bad but not a Caddy or a Murano but your not paying for the price point either. Radio needs to be upgraded and seats could sure use a adjustable headrest forward and backwards. The tC kinda reminds me of the toyota supra from years past but with less options and no 6 cyl. However Toyota's TRD divison suports modifications to the car as well as the dealer. So there is hope if you wish to customize to your personality.

Great car!

by Graduate Student from Maryland on Fri Oct 19 2012

I've owned my tC for about a month. Its fun to drive and like other reviews say it has plenty of sunlight from all the windows on the roof. I also love the 5 star safety features since I bought this car after totaling my old Toyota Matrix. This car definitely gains speed much faster than other cars in the class and offers better features for the same price as competitors. My biggest complaints are that there is no rear-windshield wiper and there is no trunk light so it can be hard to find things at night. On the other hand, I love that this car is actually a hatchback but looks like it has a sedan-type trunk-and the trunk is nicely sized. Even without folding down the backseats I can load just as much stuff as my parent's Hyundai crossover. I also average 28-29mgp (I drive a manual) which is higher than I expected. Overall very happy with this car!

Great sporty touring coup with room!

by Len from Orlando , FL on Wed Jul 10 2013

Bought new in Nov 2012, Auto with sport package. The car looks awesome, period. After months of owning it I still think it looks great and it everyone loves it. Beautiful work on the lines and it doesn't look like a hatch back. Performance is good, it's not a stop light racer but a touring car that's comfortable, nimble, and has effortless power on the highway. Auto is a 6 speed with sport shift, I'm happy with the auto over the manual. The engine was built for an auto and it shows (I drove the same car in a stick and didn't care for it.) In the corners it's no slouch, the car grips firmly and confidently, no body roll , and you really have to do something stupid to make the car react in a non expected manner in any weather. Breaks are excellent, safe driving in the rain. It's just a lot of fun to cruise and drive! The seats are sporty and extremely comfortable. I'm 6'1" and have plenty of room in the front or back seats. my kids are my size and ride in the back comfortably! The rear seats also recline giving more room back there. Stereo is great, 8 speaker 300w pioneer, there is a custom sub available as well. Built in bluetooth and a USB for memory are great. controls on the wheel are easy to use, and it just plain sounds good at all volumes. A car i finally don't need to upgrade the stereo in! Interior layout is good and focused on the driver. amber lighting is nice, and the controls are simple. I avg 26 mpg highway and around town combined. not stellar but not bad at all, for what you get. A rear wiper would be nice, and i do wish the power point would stay on with the car off. For the price i would buy it again. The TRD and Scion after market parts give my teens and i something to do together on the weekends which is priceless. I would buy this car again. better looking than the 2014!

new tc

by goon squad from on Thu May 24 2012

not a sports car. but a sporty car. very practical. useable backseat. great standard features including pioneer speaker, bluetooth, 18inch rims, all glass panoramic roof. plus toyota's legendary reliability and the tc is a top safety pick with 8 standard airbags. hatchback design has a large trunk and plenty of space with the rear seats folded down. perfect car for a college student that wants a sporty, reliable, safe, and practical car.

cool little sports hatchback.

by Fvantom from Wheeling WV on Wed Aug 28 2013

2013 Scion tC is a cool little coupe/hatch gives you versatility of a utility car with the body of a mini-camaro or a mini with plus. Everything is a plus except gas mileage 23-25mpg. Six speed tranny shifts itself like a sports car EVEN on the downshift! Better than the 500, mini, or Puke combined. Holds the road like glue. no wing this year, only a fake spoiler.

A Lot Of Car For The Money!

by MoparManiac from Cincinnati, OH on Fri Apr 12 2013

I purchased my 2013 Scion tC 6-speed manual about 4 weeks ago at my local Scion dealer. At first glance, the car is very appealing to the eye. I liked the aggressive stance and it looks a lot more masculine than the previous generation of tC. The standard 18" wheels are a great feature! I purchased a few accessories (mud guards, fog lights, rear bumper application, and leather shift knob) and I love the variety and customization options for the tC. I owned a 2000 Toyota Celica before and it is very similar in terms of driving feel and performance. The Celica was a little better in the corners but it was smaller and lower to the ground so that is understandable. Overall, the tC has decent handling and feels solid on the road. The engine is strong and has an awesome exhaust note. The shifting is smooth but I have noticed only a couple times that it will not want to go into reverse or first gear and I have to try it a couple times before it slides into gear. I am not sure if the issue is isolated to my car or not. The interior is not much to talk about but the controls are easy to find and isn't cluttered. Although being a little dull and plastic-ish the interior layout is well designed and fresh. The audio quality is excellent and even the standard stereo pumps out amazing sound. I don't like the look of the standard stereo unit (looks outdated) but it is simple and easy to use. I do enjoy the HD radio and optional satellite capabilities. The only issues I have with this car is the sunroof and the fuel mileage. I love how it is still a panoramic roof with full function open/close -BUT- the amount of wind noise is unacceptable. The fabric flap that pops up isn't near enough to block the wind and I think they should have kept the full glass flap from the older generation tC's. As far as fuel mileage goes, I have been struggling to reach even 25 mpg, and that is while driving like a grandma. I hope as the car breaks in it starts to get better! Overall, I love my car and I think it is the best value under 20 grand; and it's a Toyota so it will last forever!

tC is fun

by Zippy from Laughlin, NV on Wed Feb 06 2013

Plenty of zip and fun to drive. Like the large sunroof. This vehicle is great on gas. Price point is affordable.

I love my Scion Tc

by GACa from on Mon Mar 27 2017

I would definitely recommend this car to someone! Overall this car is a great buy in my opinion, very nice coupe

AWSUM CAR!

by JAM214 from Dallas. TX on Wed Nov 28 2012

I am a freshman in college and got my 2013 Scion TC RS 8.0 #746 out of 2000. I love my car! The red and black stands out and I get plety of head turns. Scion and Five Axis did an AMAZING JOB in creating this release series. Anytime someone passes me on purpose I can downshift thanks to the Paddle Shifter in the automatic and catch up easily. It does pick up speed and its really easy to get it over 100mph. And I also love the panoramic soon roof! Just love my car. Thank you Scion and Five Axis!!!! Much Love!

1 2