Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2013 ForTwo

2013 smart ForTwo

2013 smart ForTwo

4.4

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2013 smart ForTwo?

BEST DEAL WE"VE EVER HAD. WE LOVE THIS CAR!

by SMART FER TWO from MOBILE,ALABAMA on Wed Jul 31 2013

THIS CAR PERFORMS GREAT. WE WERE SO SURPRISED AT HOW MUCH ROOM THERE IS AS WE ARE FAIRLY TALL. ALSO IT REALLY GETS UP THERE AS TO SPEED AND LEAVES OTHERS IN THE DUST. PROBABLY THE BEST IS THE GREAT GAS MILEAGE. WE HAVE ALWAYS DRIVEN TRUCKS SO THIS WAS A REAL BONUS.

I love my Smartie

by Mike from Jacksonville, FL on Fri Jun 14 2013

2nd time owner. This is a 2013 Passion with a radio upgrade (to address some other reviews) It has a disc player, SD card, USB, Aux in, Bluetooth Streaming, HD radio all on a touchscreen shared with NAV, Phone, Video Player, and 1/2 dozen other APPS. Surround sound sounds GREAT! On to the car: I'm 6'2" and have an unreal amount of room. With another large passenger...still plenty. Cargo space has exceeded my needs, but some may find it a bit smallish. Always meeting new people that just want to look at it. Never fails to make me smile as I walk toward it in the parking lot, and again when I drive past the gas station. Premium fuel is suggested for maximum mileage, but runs fine on regular. If you measure mile per dollar instead of miles per gallon regular might save a few pennies. Next to no maintenance. Fun to drive around town, but highway trips can be a little tiring. At 70mph it tends to wander a bit. Never too noisy or bouncy like you would think a small car would be. Airbags and a safety cage make this a safe bet. It goes to my daughter next year and I get another one. Might try the convertible. Oh, if you like to customize, there are unlimited easy to do options. Love it!!

We look for an excuse to drive it.

by Retired Couple from Fairborn, Ohio on Fri Aug 23 2013

We, my wife(65) and I(60), leased a 2013 Smart Passion Cabriolet this past January. It is now August and we look for an excuse to take it out. We were avid Harley-Davidson riders but she started getting the weeble wobbles and I was thinking maybe the time had come to give our motorcycles a fond farewell. We still crave that open air feeling and thought we would try a Smart Convertible. We are extremely glad we did. Much safer with a roll cage and 8 air bags, 4 wheels(no falling over), motorcycle gas mileage(42 average), and a blast to drive, and at $199 a month much cheaper than a new Harley, much less two of them, in other words a perfect old retired couples vehicle for it's intended purpose of running errands around town, cruising to a restaurant, and a Sunday cruise, much the same as we did with the bikes. We also have a new Impala for longer trips in soft ridding comfort as a Smart would beat you up on a vacation drive. So with it's intended usage in mind, I highly recommend this fun little car. As a side note, if you get one be ready to meet lots of strangers as mine draws crowds and questions almost everywhere we go...Hope this helps you, Mike

The cutiest attention car around

by Beverly from Dallas Tx on Wed Mar 04 2015

I bought a 2012 with 7000 miles, and had it 18 months now, sometimes I may pay $15-$18 for gas, and go to work and home for 2 weeks and still have gas left. , When I first got it people would ask me how much it cost, and say it's so cute. , now I have 21000 miles. I love it, at first when windy out it would scare me but now I feel very comfortable. I wish it had a spare tire in it, and CD player, other than that it's the best

Had my Passion Cabrio 5+ years, LOVE IT!

by Eleanor from San Jose, CA on Thu Sep 05 2013

I'd been wanting one of these since they were first announced way back in the 90's, waited eagerly for them to start really coming to the U.S. I'm one of those folks who ordered as soon as I could, and had to wait almost a year. It was worth it! I just got back a few weeks ago from a 4400+ mile roadtrip with my 13 year old son, and Pearl was great! I was a bit nervous how well she'd do at altitude, but she bombed past semis and RVs with no problem! Unfortunately, she did also bomb past a Washington trooper, who was amused but gave me a ticket anyway. To me, this car has been a total dream. Yanno, sometimes you just don't need all that testosterone to get the job done!

Love so much, bought another

by Empty Nester from Cypress, California on Fri Dec 21 2012

I love the Smart car so much that this is the 2nd one we have bought. I bought one in April of 2012 and 2 weeks after driving it my hubby took it so this past November I bought another one. I HIGHLY recommend the Smart car. Not only is it fun to drive, but it is safe, reliable, low maintenance, and economical. If you are looking for a car with fancy and impressive interior than this is not your car. If you are looking for a car to take looooong trips (out of state) than this is not your car. And the thing I miss about the newer 2013 verses the 2010 is that they have did away with cd players and have gadget plug ins, which I do not own (ipods, mp3, etc.). I do LOVE my car though!!!

Love My Smarty

by Ilgendolls from Hobart, IN on Fri Dec 20 2013

I've only had my Smart Car for a week, but find myself making excuses to go somewhere! I love it! It handles & drives like my old VW Bug, which I loved, but with all the conviences of this Smart, it's great to have HEAT & AIR CONDITIONING! We will be pulling her behind our motorhome next year, since she weighs only 1800 pounds. I bought this one from the St. Charles, Illinois Mercedes dealership, and got a good deal on this 2013 slightly used car. I am impressed with the safety features of this car too. Can't find anything I don't like about it, except maybe the left drivers armrest is too close, but I'll get used to it, I'm sure. This is just cute, convienent and SMART.

European performance and handling

by Lockwriter from California on Tue Oct 25 2016

This is my first Smart car but it reminds me of driving my MGB of years ago. It is nimble on mountain roads and slices through traffic like a knife. Love this car.

My First Smart Car

by Dave from St. Cloud, Minnesota on Tue Oct 28 2014

I just purchased a used 2013 Smart Car Fortwo Passion Cabriolet, in Chicago, IL, with 15,000 miles and drove 440 miles to my home. I set the cruise at 70 mph on the Illinois Freeway and 65 mph on the Wisconsin and Minnesota Freeways and averaged better than 45 mpg. I drove 320 miles to my first fuel stop and put on all of only 7.016 gallons of gas and did not have a tail wind. Overall I'm very impressed with the performance and comfort of this vehicle. My only disappointment is that this vehicle doesn't have the tilt steering wheel, which I wish it had, but otherwise, it's fairly loaded, including gps/radio. There were some gusty cross winds on part of my journey but it handled well for a very small car. My purpose for purchasing this little car, is that it's not much longer than 8 ft, and will fit in the garage of my 5th Wheel toyhauler camper. I've read reviews of some discouraged with the shifting of the transmission, which can be shifted manually or in the automatic mode, but I had no qualms about it. It did surge me forward when it shifted through the first few gears but if I would back of on the gas peddle about the time it would shift, it shifted very comfortably. Overall I think I'm going to be very please with my first Smart Car.

Great comuter car!

by JoeSmart Shopper from Brownwood, TX on Thu Jun 08 2017

We own two of these vehicles. They are the easiest car to get in and out of. Great gas mileage, low maintenance. The maintenance is a little costly but rarely used. Very good excelleration for a small car. Not very comfortable on the highway for long distance.

1 2 3 4 5 6