2020 Ascent

2020 Subaru Ascent

2020 Subaru Ascent

Have You Driven the 2020 Subaru Ascent?

Safest Car I've Driven

by Amy 'Subaru Fan' from Apple Valley, MN on Mon Dec 02 2019

I love all the safety features the Subaru Ascent has. The lane departure, blind spot detector, and hands free features are top notch. We looked for a car for 9 months and after many test drives of all AWDs in this class the Ascent was by far the BEST!

Best family SUV for the money!

by Ed from Orem, Utah on Wed Apr 29 2020

My wife and I have been researching and shopping for cars for weeks. We looked at hundreds from several different brands. Being a family with four kids second row Captain seats were vital. Also, we live in Utah, and we believe in all wheel drive. We test drove Chevys, Buicks, Kias, Hyundais and Subarus. We told ourselves to be open and fair to each brand. We were excited for the new styles of the Kia and Hyundai, but we're really comfortable with the layout of the Chevy and Buick. In all of them there were small differentiators among each brand whether that were price, drive, feel or amenities, but the one that came out on top for us was the Subaru Ascent. The Ascent is quite, quick, comfortable, has all wheel drive, captain seats, well fitted, and was the best price for sure. We would like the third row to be a little bigger, but it works great for our family. Without a doubt we have more amenities for the price than we could have ever purchase in the other brands. We even added an 8 year 85,000 bumper to bumper warranty, and still came out less by thousands than the the other brands. We have now had the car for two weeks, and love it more each day. Very happy with the purchase.

Very comfortable SUV

by Physicist001 from St. Cloud, FL on Fri Dec 20 2019

I was concerned about the pickup as it is a large 4 cylinder engine. It has a supercharger so the pickup is snappy. The continuous variable transmission is very smooth.

Worth every penny

by WVU4Me from WV on Thu Jul 02 2020

I recently traded my MKX for an Ascent. Mind you, it seems going from a Lincoln to a Subaru would be shockingly different, but it honestly isnt. The interior is roomy and luxurious, tons of tech, better safety gadgets, and better gas mileage. Even though I went to a bigger vehicle and from a V6 to a 4-cyl, this thing has plenty of power. The few complaints that I have are the fact that the passenger seat isn't more adjustable, to use android or apple car play it has to be physically plugged in (to utilize everything, not simple music playing which can be done by bluetooth), and it's a bit noisier than I'm used to... as in I can hear the engine as I'm idling and the road noise is more noticeable but not horrible. This could be do the the amazing panoramic rooftop, which is understandable. Overall, this vehicle is a solid 4.5/5 in my book.

Be careful about what packages you order

by mumma from Shrewsbury on Wed Aug 12 2020

Our second Subaru (Forester and Ascent). Like the car but should have spent more time reviewing packages available. Don't like having to use a key, wanted 20" tires and should have gone with electric rear door. Dealer only had grey, black or white in stock and we liked blue.

Have had my Ascent for 1 week and LOVE IT!

by KCLynn from Hamilton NY on Sun Nov 24 2019

Carbone Subaru met all my needs leasing a car for 1st time. They kept my payments where I needed them and were very understanding of the time I needed to test drive several cars to see how my dog would do in each car! They were super 🐾pet friendly🐾 and even allowed my four legged buddy to try out each car for the best fit! A special thanks to Peter K. who sold me my 1st Subaru (WRX) a year ago. He made me not feel pressured into choice of another Subaru, was honest and patient! The Ascent has a smooth ride!

Great vehicle

by Roland Paulnitsky from Chicago Illinois on Sat Mar 21 2020

I originally was going to purchase a Jeep Grand Cherokee. After I took a test drive and compared the Subaru Ascent to the Jeep Grand Cherokee I purchase the Ascent.

Great features, great in snow!

by Badger fan from Milwaukee , wi on Sat Dec 28 2019

Traded in an outback and love the additional room and smoother ride. No problems with turbo engine or cvt transmission. Great comfort and safety features.

love my Ascent

by wecoopers from palm beach fl on Sun Dec 15 2019

This car meets and exceeds all my wants and needs. It is fun and even a thrill to drive. And it gets the mpgs they said it would. It feels like an auto that I would have paid much more to own and drive.

Uses car for Towing

So far so GREAT

by Wangle from Des Moines, IA on Wed Jun 24 2020

This vehicle has exceeded our expectations in nearly every way. We are getting over 30 mpg on the highway. Power/acceleration is Outstanding. The ride and handling is amazing. After reading multiple reviews we expected some issues, and possibly some excessive body roll on tight turns. Zero, 0, NO issues to date. (I always find something wrong in the first few weeks or at delivery) and she inspires confidence on hard curves. 1 design change I would make is the radio is active at start up, even if you turn it off at shutdown. That’s about it. Otherwise, AWESOME. We LOVE the CVT. It is well suited for the turbo engine keeping in the optimal rpm range. We took it off road on an 8° slope. Just a dirt road nothing serious, but it was absolutely no test of this vehicle’s capabilities. 10 out of 10!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2020 Subaru Ascent

The verdict:

Subaru is ahead of the curve when it comes to combining safety, practicality and affordability, but its lineup of five-seaters has left bigger families at the curb – until now. The new 2019 Ascent delivers all those things and has the space larger families need.

Versus the competition:

Other three-row SUVs may be roomier, classier or more fun to drive, but the Ascent’s impressive blend of safety and value is unmatched by many rivals.

The Subaru Ascent looks like a plumped-up version of the Outback wagon and fills the hole in the automaker’s lineup left when the unimpressive Tribeca three-row was axed after the 2014 model year. Compare the Ascent with the Tribeca.

The Ascent is Subaru’s biggest vehicle ever, designed to satisfy larger families with its seven or eight seats. It competes against the likes of the Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander and Volkswagen Atlas; see them compared. Trim levels for 2018 include base, Premium, Limited and Touring.

Creature Comforts

It’s not just size that matters to families; comfort, safety and convenience features are also key. Yet kids — and dogs and the second-grade class gecko — are often filthy... Read More