2018 Subaru BRZChange year or vehicle
Key specs of the base trim
—Compare 3 trims
- Manual transmission
- Light weight
- Sport seats
- Backseat for children only
- Requires premium gas
- No center armrest
- Automatic is slow off the line
Limited-production tS version available
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity now available
Front-engine, rear-wheel-drive sports car
Product of Subaru and Toyota partnership
Performance Package available
We’re looking for the best deals on a Subaru near you…
For the past two model years, Subaru has offered colorized limited editions of the BRZ — the Series.Hyperblue in 2016 and the Series.Yellow in 2017. Both of those, however, were more like glorified appearance packages, offering different colors and trim pieces but not really upping the BRZ's performance quotient.
The only similarity between the 2018 BRZ tS and those cars is that they were all limited to 500 units. Otherwise, the BRZ tS comes with much more substantive changes (along with three color choices) that do indeed change the way that the car drives. In my mind, it's the best the Subaru BRZ can get without — what fans like me have been calling on for years — a big boost in power.
The BRZ tS will cost $34,355 (including destination charges), a $5,050 premium over the Limited Subaru BRZ trim.
What We Tested
- Powertrain: 205-horsepower, 2.0-liter horizontally opposed four-cylinder "boxer" engine, 156 pounds-feet of torque; six-speed manual transmission; rear-wheel drive
- Fuel economy: 20/27/23 mpg city/highway/combined (premium fuel required)
- Key features: Manually adjustable carbon-fiber rear wing, STI-tuned suspension with unique dampers, front and side spoilers, 18-inch lightweight wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires, high-performance Brembo brakes (front and rear), Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, leather and Alcantara upholstery
- Price: $34,355
The ... Read More
Went with the Subaru BRZ after much homework
At the start, I wanted the Toyota 86 over the Subaru BRZ. However, the supply for a new Toyota 86 is zero in my area, and the Toyota dealerships were not interested or able to help. Thus, this ... Read full review
Love Love LOVE this car.
It’s perfect for me. Sporty and makes a statement. I love the exterior, interior and all the bells and whistles. I am extremely happy with this purchase. Read full review
The 2018 Subaru BRZ currently has 0 recalls
Crash and Rollover Test RatingsThe 2018 Subaru BRZ has not been tested.
New Car Program Benefits
36 months / 36,000 miles
60 months / 60,000 miles
36 months / 36,000 miles
Certified Pre-Owned Program Benefits
5 years/80,000 miles
Basic Warranty Terms
Coverage available for purchase
Dealer Certification Required