2018 Subaru BRZChange Year or Vehicle
of the 2018 Subaru BRZ. Base trim shown.
From the Cars.com Vehicle Test Team
- Manual transmission
- Light weight
- Sport seats
- Backseat for children only
- Requires premium gas
- No center armrest
- Automatic is slow off the line
- Limited-production tS version available
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity now available
- Front-engine, rear-wheel-drive sports car
- Product of Subaru and Toyota partnership
- Performance Package available
For the past two model years, Subaru has offered colorized limited editions of the BRZ — the Series.Hyperblue in 2016 and the Series.Yellow in 2017. Both of those, however, were more like glorified appearance packages, offering different colors and trim pieces but not really upping the BRZ's performance quotient.
The only similarity between the 2018 BRZ tS and those cars is that they were all limited to 500 units. Otherwise, the BRZ tS comes with much more substantive changes (along with three color choices) that do indeed change the way that the car drives. In my mind, it's the best the BRZ can get without — what fans like me have been calling on for years — a big boost in power.
The BRZ tS will cost $34,355 (including destination charges), a $5,050 premium over the Limited trim.
What We Tested
- Powertrain: 205-horsepower, 2.0-liter horizontally opposed four-cylinder "boxer" engine, 156 pounds-feet of torque; six-speed manual transmission; rear-wheel drive
- Fuel economy: 20/27/23 mpg city/highway/combined (premium fuel required)
- Key features: Manually adjustable carbon-fiber rear wing, STI-tuned suspension with unique dampers, front and side spoilers, 18-inch lightweight wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires, high-performance Brembo brakes (front and rear), Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, leather and Alcantara upholstery
- Price: $34,355
The BRZ tS gets some a... Read More
It's National Stick Shift Day! Here Are Our 7 Fave Clutch Performers
Apparently, if you care about something enough, you turn it into a holiday. You know, one of those pseudo-celebrations you randomly catch when scrolling through your Twitter feed. ... Read more
2018 Subaru BRZ tS Quick Spin: As Good As It Gets (for a BRZ)
For the past two model years, Subaru has offered colorized limited editions of the BRZ — the Series.Hyperblue in 2016 and the Series.Yellow in 2017. Both of those, however, ... Read more
On the Edge of Glory: 6 Cars That Come This Close to Greatness
The 2018 Subaru BRZ — and platform mate the Toyota 86, for that matter — is a good car. It's one of the most dynamically sound vehicles you can buy at any price, ... Read more
Bad xxx 2018 car
This car is one of the best car I have test drive. Interiors. Is perfect. In and out. Black metalic is my favorit color. I love just about everything. Read full review
The 2018 Subaru BRZ currently has 0 recalls
36 months / 36,000 miles
60 months / 60,000 miles
36 months / 36,000 miles
24-hour roadside assistance and Carfax vehicle history report
7 years / 100,000 milesPowertrain: 7 years/100,000 miles from original date of first use. Roadside assistance: 1 year from date of purchase
Under 6 years / 85,000 milesVehicles receive a 152 point inspection and reconditioning.