2001 Subaru Forester consumer reviews

Explore the 2001 Forester Subaru
Shop the 2001 Forester Subaru
4.1

Parts are cheap, easy to work on, mine has 197000

Paid 300$ for it put 200$ in repairs and meets my needs I also do most of the labor to repair it, witch saves alot of money

3.7

Great for Colorado

Meets all my expectations of an off-road vehicles that does amazing on-road with snow and ice conditions. Very pleased with the handling and all wheel drive! Still in great condition almost 20 years old.

Great vehicle for MN

It handles great in winter conditions. AWD is much better than regular 4wd for snow and slippery conditions. We love the heated seats. The design of the cruise control system is unlike any I've ever used before. A bit odd. I wouldn't design the controls that way.

It's a Subaru. It performed as I expected.

After 16 years the interior still looks like new, while the exterior has suffered from a hit and run fender bender while parked. The car has been across the country several times and has never left us stranded. We are very happy with it and just resurrected it to mint condition even though its market value would not justify it. We just like its reliability and practicality.

One cute little car

This little Subaru is the best car I've ever owned. It has never given me a bit of trouble except for one time a computer chip malfunctioned and Subaru replaced it free of charge as I had a good warranty. I also change the oil regularly. Winter and Summer and keep it in a garage. It looks like new - inside and out. Bought it from an estate sale of a relative. Had very low mileage. Plan to drive it until the wheels fall off. Best money I ever spent

Tough as nails, fun drive

Reliable & tough:14 years = 400,000 km. Still in use. Now have new Forester & Impreza. 100% Satisfied.

4.1

This is my second Subaru! Love it!

It meets all my needs. If you take care of it, I.e, oil changes, rotate tires,ECT, will last a LONG TIME!

4.3

Reliable and long-lasting!

Subaru's hold up great over time and this is their flagship. This car will top 200,000 easily when taken care of. And maintenance is light. Also great for offroading! I use to take this thing fishing through some backwoods and the AWD and suspension can compete with the best of them.

3.4

Excellent utility; too many problems though.

We had over a decade of memorable family adventures in this car, and it never let us down in snow, desert off-roading, towing, and other moderately tough conditions. Great foul weather car too. It really gets the job done. But it also had what seems like too many issues: frequent catalytic converter problems, rear wheel bearing failures, and the final coup de grace was the dreaded head gasket failure. RIP 2001 Subaru. I wish I could bring myself to buy another one, but all the mechanical issues gives me cold feet.

Best Car Ever

I purchased this car used with low milage when it was two years old from dealership as a leased return. I have owned the car for thirteen years, putting 200,000 miles on it. My children have grown up in the car and it has been nothing but good to me. It has had little to know problems other that regular maintenance. Unfortunately the body has deteriorated around the rear wheel wells from the salt used here on the PA roadways. Now that the car is showing its age we are planning to retire it since the cost of maintenance is out weighing the value of the car. I am just heartbroken about the decision, and since it is paid for I did persuade my husband to garage it for winter days. That is how much I hate to let it go. The only complaint I can say is that there isn't enough room in the interior if you have a growing family. To anyone who is considering a Subaru Forester, don't hesitate and buy it!