2017 Forester

2017 Subaru Forester

2017 Subaru Forester

Have You Driven the 2017 Subaru Forester?

Love this Car!

by Car Maven from on Thu Oct 13 2016

I traded in a 2014 Forester XT. This 2017 touring non-turbo rides more smoothly, is peppier, has more responsive brakes and is much quieter. FINALLY, the electronics are in the competitive range of other manufacturers. The bluetooth works well and I'm not drowned out by road noise. The bluetooth even reads aloud my text messages (Windows phone). I am happy to have the memory seat, heated steering wheel and power passenger window. Nice long leg room and plenty of headroom in the front seat. My gas mileage moving into the second tank of gas already "broke" 30 mpg...I expect it to further improve. Complaints...Subaru could further expand on its electronics...Toyota and Honda are better. Storage space inside doesn't take advantage of "dead" space. But overall, it's a great comfortable care with the best visibility!

Touring with isight

by Charlie from Hagerstown, Maryland on Sat Oct 29 2016

We looked at a number of cars before buying the forester. My mom liked it the most. She liked the visibility and that it was easy to get in and out of the car. I like blind spot detection and lane departure. So far iSight had to put not the brakes when a car was too close in front of me. I like that it shows the weather forecast and I like having a compass in the mirrors. The headlights automatically go from high to low and back. We liked the heated seats. I feel the engine is Peppy and the gas mileage is great. We paid about $35,000 for the car including taxes and all the other fees.. We never went to the dealership. We negotiated by email and the delivered the car. That is the best way to do it if you know what car you want. It will save you a lot of time. Carefully read your contract and if you see something that is not right tell them to change it or take the car back..

LOVE!

by SueH from CHICO on Wed Apr 12 2017

I love my new Subaru. Had a CRV in the past but didn't like the viewing ability of the new CRV so checked out competitors. Like everything about the Forester: great safety features, good visibility, sturdy ride and great gas mileage.

We Call It Earnest but it's a Hemingway

by Spindlers from Pittsburgh, PA on Fri Mar 17 2017

You knew how Hemingway wrote to the point and powerful stories. That's how our Forester feels--no frills all thrills. A rather small vehicle (at least it looks so on the outside) great for city parking, but Big Windows, light everywhere in the inside, making it feel much bigger. Roomy space for our long-legged family as well. There is X mode (Beast Mode) where we can tackle those cobblestone roads in the winter, and plenty of room in the back to haul things. We're really happy with our Forester--lots of heart and a lot of guts.

Great improvement over my 1996 Forester

by Walt J. from Newtown, PA on Wed May 03 2017

A great car to drive with excellent visibility and road handling. My 2006 Forester was a very good car with minimal problems over the 11 years, but this car is a big step up in comfort & styling. There is obviosly much more sound deadening material at strategic spots. The car certainly lives up to the very good review in Consumers Report. Could not be happier!

Subaru # 2

by subaru#2 from Green Bay WI on Mon Apr 17 2017

Coming from a 2007 AWD Ford 500. This time I wanted better gas mileage, reliability, and the size of a small SUV. Final decision came down to Subaru Forester or Ford Escape. Went with Subaru because of better gas mileage, reliability, safety ratings, and better resale value (not that we are planning to sell it or trade it in anytime soon). I also need an AWD vehicle and I loved the CVT transmission in my Ford 500, and Subaru offers both. I am thrilled with 27 to 30 mpg overall. It handles great and I gives me fantastic visibility (I am 5' 0"). My husband is 5'9", 230 lbs - he says it is just oK for comfort. He felt much more comfortable in the Outback but that was too expensive if I wanted the moonroof pkg. Not in love with the Venetian Red Pearl however - not crazy about the shade of red and looks dirty all the time. But my husband wanted red - he got red and I got the moonroof! And Subaru should definitely offer the black cloth interior in more colors than just black or silver - the Platinum Gray is very pretty but just TOO LIGHT especially with grandchildren riding in the car all the time. Also don't care for the cargo net at the back of the cargo area - always in the way of loading/unloading. The one on the back of the seat seems much more practical. Still trying to figure out all the electronics and safety features. I have the Encore appt (I think this is a great idea) scheduled in a couple weeks - will get the rest of my questions answered then. Overall, we are very satisfied with the Forester as far as the really important stuff goes.

Safe Car.

by Older Driver. from Syracuse, NY on Tue Jun 27 2017

I bought the car for my wife who does not drive as much as me. The most important thing was safety so I bought with the Eyesight option. (1) The backup camera and display are great.The display shows a grid that shows when you are 8', 4' or 2' away from an object. It also has motion detection that sounds an alarm when there is any motion on back of the car. (2) For side to side safety it has lane drift. If you drift out of your lane there is an audible alarm. Also if there is a card in you blind spot there is a blinking warning in your side view mirror. (3) For front end safety the Eyesight system includes collision avoidance with automatic braking. Also when you are in cruise control you can set your following distance for 1, 2 or 3 seconds and the system will slow you down as you come upon a slower vehicle and automatically resume your cruising spped when you pull out to pass the vehicle. Hopefully the Auto Insurance compaines wiil soon adust their rates for these accidence avoidance features.

Fantastic Car with Many Useful Features

by hot_guitar from Salt Lake City, UT on Mon Apr 17 2017

I bought this car to replace my VW Golf TDI Diesal that was recalled. I was looking for a practical car that would perform well in snow, have plenty of storage for road trips, decent gas mileage and ample safety features. After some researching, it was clear that the Forester out-performed it's competitors in snowy weather. The cabin is very spacious and it has a ton of safety features. It rides well and, in the three weeks I've owned it, is averaging 26 mpg around the city, though I have gotten a high as 35 mpg on a 10-mile freeway trip. Additionally, the service I received at Nate Wade Subaru was extraordinary and an example of how a car buying experience should be.

Nice trade up

by JAM from Myersville, MD on Sat Apr 29 2017

Traded up from a Crosstrek, which I loved, to the Forester because I needed more cargo room and room for passengers. It was hard to give up my Crosstrek, but I'm glad that I did. The Forester handles beautifully and provides all of the space that I need. I drove it 100 miles immediately out of the showroom and I really fell in love with it. It's a great value and I got a great trade in on my Crosstrek.

Great Car

by alandmeier from on Sun Apr 09 2017

This is the second Forester I have had, ironically in the same color. While it's been ten years, there are beautiful consistencies and the upgrades that have been made are great. I love the utility of the vehicle, how safe it is, and boy, who can't love a 6-speed with that Boxer engine?!?!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25

Our Take on the 2017 Subaru Forester

The verdict:

The 2016 Subaru Forester is a compact SUV that impresses us with its cargo space, visibility and peppy engine, but its shortcomings include a choppy ride, soft brakes and a drab interior.

Versus the competition:

The Forester is at the head of the compact SUV class when it comes to practicality and utility, but competitors offer nicer interiors and more rewarding driving attributes.

The Forester is styled more like an SUV than Subaru's other compact vehicles, the Impreza and Crosstrek. Changes are minimal for 2016, with all Forester models getting a touch-screen multimedia system (6.2 inches is the standard size). A subscription-based emergency communication system is also now available. Compare the 2016 Forester with the 2015 model here.

We tested a 2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited with an option package that included adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning with autonomous braking, an upgraded stereo and a 7.0-inch multimedia screen.

The Forester competes with small SUVs such as the Honda CR-V, Nissan Rogue and Mazda CX-5. You can compare them all... Read More