NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2017 Forester

2017 Subaru Forester

2017 Subaru Forester

Have You Driven the 2017 Subaru Forester?

Touring with isight

by Charlie from Hagerstown, Maryland on Sat Oct 29 2016

We looked at a number of cars before buying the forester. My mom liked it the most. She liked the visibility and that it was easy to get in and out of the car. I like blind spot detection and lane departure. So far iSight had to put not the brakes when a car was too close in front of me. I like that it shows the weather forecast and I like having a compass in the mirrors. The headlights automatically go from high to low and back. We liked the heated seats. I feel the engine is Peppy and the gas mileage is great. We paid about $35,000 for the car including taxes and all the other fees.. We never went to the dealership. We negotiated by email and the delivered the car. That is the best way to do it if you know what car you want. It will save you a lot of time. Carefully read your contract and if you see something that is not right tell them to change it or take the car back..

Great improvement over my 1996 Forester

by Walt J. from Newtown, PA on Wed May 03 2017

A great car to drive with excellent visibility and road handling. My 2006 Forester was a very good car with minimal problems over the 11 years, but this car is a big step up in comfort & styling. There is obviosly much more sound deadening material at strategic spots. The car certainly lives up to the very good review in Consumers Report. Could not be happier!

Safe Car.

by Older Driver. from Syracuse, NY on Tue Jun 27 2017

I bought the car for my wife who does not drive as much as me. The most important thing was safety so I bought with the Eyesight option. (1) The backup camera and display are great.The display shows a grid that shows when you are 8', 4' or 2' away from an object. It also has motion detection that sounds an alarm when there is any motion on back of the car. (2) For side to side safety it has lane drift. If you drift out of your lane there is an audible alarm. Also if there is a card in you blind spot there is a blinking warning in your side view mirror. (3) For front end safety the Eyesight system includes collision avoidance with automatic braking. Also when you are in cruise control you can set your following distance for 1, 2 or 3 seconds and the system will slow you down as you come upon a slower vehicle and automatically resume your cruising spped when you pull out to pass the vehicle. Hopefully the Auto Insurance compaines wiil soon adust their rates for these accidence avoidance features.

Nice trade up

by JAM from Myersville, MD on Sat Apr 29 2017

Traded up from a Crosstrek, which I loved, to the Forester because I needed more cargo room and room for passengers. It was hard to give up my Crosstrek, but I'm glad that I did. The Forester handles beautifully and provides all of the space that I need. I drove it 100 miles immediately out of the showroom and I really fell in love with it. It's a great value and I got a great trade in on my Crosstrek.

Fantastic Car with Many Useful Features

by hot_guitar from Salt Lake City, UT on Mon Apr 17 2017

I bought this car to replace my VW Golf TDI Diesal that was recalled. I was looking for a practical car that would perform well in snow, have plenty of storage for road trips, decent gas mileage and ample safety features. After some researching, it was clear that the Forester out-performed it's competitors in snowy weather. The cabin is very spacious and it has a ton of safety features. It rides well and, in the three weeks I've owned it, is averaging 26 mpg around the city, though I have gotten a high as 35 mpg on a 10-mile freeway trip. Additionally, the service I received at Nate Wade Subaru was extraordinary and an example of how a car buying experience should be.

Sorry I didn't buy one before this

by Beachbum from Pocomoke City on Wed Apr 12 2017

I have owned a lot of cars in my life all different makes & models but so far this is the best I have every owned in my 62 years of driving

I needed this car

by Sofar so good from Clarkston Washington on Thu Jul 20 2017

In 2015 I had a stroke that left me with no left peripheral vision in ether eye. I chose Subaru because of it's advanced eyesight features. We also live on a hillside overlooking the Snake river. The last half mile to our home is steep and has cliffs. I have confidence in the eye sight to give me every advantage I need to remain safe while driving and not pose a danger to other drivers or pedestrians. The Forester has the best visibility of any car I looked at. The backup camera is excellent and very clear. The lane guard feature is very helpful. This car is roomy and has great head room. It is very comfortable. The cargo area is large. I didn't get the power hatch feature but should have. This car handles great on the highway and is smooth and quiet. The forester is going to keep my wife and I in our home for a long time. the asymmetrical all wheel drive is like a deer going up our driveway. I have driven a Subaru in ice and snow before and it was grate and I can't Waite entail this winter and let the snow fly.

Great Car

by alandmeier from on Sun Apr 09 2017

This is the second Forester I have had, ironically in the same color. While it's been ten years, there are beautiful consistencies and the upgrades that have been made are great. I love the utility of the vehicle, how safe it is, and boy, who can't love a 6-speed with that Boxer engine?!?!

Subaru Forester Touring Review

by Family Forester from Milwaukee on Tue Jun 06 2017

The 2017 Subaru Forester Touring is a great buy that I highly recommend for nearly any use, from rugged to city/highway driving. First, it gets one of the best gas mileages in its class, and is extremely good mileage for an AWD car. Also, from demos I've seen, Subaru's AWD is the best on the market, beating Honda and others for traction, getting out of hard spots. This makes it a great, safe family car for colder climates. The car is comfortable overall with lots of leg room in front and back seats. Seats are a little harder than our CRV, and over a long 6 hr trip, our butts felt the difference. But in normal trips of less than 2 hrs it's quite comfy. The car responds well to braking, acceleration and steering. I'd say our CRV is a touch smoother when shifting from P to D, or from R to D. But once you're on the road, it's very enjoyable to drive and just as nice of a feel. A couple other notes...Subaru's hold their value very well and are known to be quite reliable. I expect this to be the case with ours. The Forester is known to be a sort of suv crossover that's a bit quirky looking, historically. I don't think it's very quirky anymore, as the new design is more mainstream and attractive, in my opinion. In short, you get a lot for your money with the Forester. Plenty of electronic upgrades to this 2017 model too, like heated windshield wipers, heated steering wheel, homelink, starlink, 2 driver memory power seat. I'm very happy and this is the best car I've ever owned.

Loving the Subaru

by CaliLove2017 from Antioch on Mon Apr 17 2017

This is my first purchase of a Subaru and this car met my needs and expectations. I wanted something in this Size range, Seating for 5, Engine capability, Navigation, Bluetooth, Great safety Record and in my price range. The car has it all. Loving how it drives and it feels good to me! Try it!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 29

Our Take on the 2017 Subaru Forester

The verdict:

The 2016 Subaru Forester is a compact SUV that impresses us with its cargo space, visibility and peppy engine, but its shortcomings include a choppy ride, soft brakes and a drab interior.

Versus the competition:

The Forester is at the head of the compact SUV class when it comes to practicality and utility, but competitors offer nicer interiors and more rewarding driving attributes.

The Forester is styled more like an SUV than Subaru’s other compact vehicles, the Impreza and Crosstrek. Changes are minimal for 2016, with all Forester models getting a touch-screen multimedia system (6.2 inches is the standard size). A subscription-based emergency communication system is also now available. Compare the 2016 Forester with the 2015 model here.

We tested a 2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited with an option package that included adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning with autonomous braking, an upgraded stereo and a 7.0-inch multimedia screen.

The Forester competes with small SUVs such as the Honda CR-V, Nissan Rogue and Mazda CX-5. You can compare them all here... Read More