2005 Impreza

2005 Subaru Impreza

2005 Subaru Impreza

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have You Driven the 2005 Subaru Impreza?

Incredible Car

by Clay from Coopersburg, PA on Mon Jun 11 2012

I previously owned a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX that I got as my first car. I fell in love with that car and thought, how much better can the WRX Sti be? So for graduation I got a 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti and I, again, was amazed by the quality of the vehicle. Never had a single problem (beyond normal wear and tear) with either of the vehicles. I wouldn't want any other car, not even a Ferrari or Lamborghini. This is an amazing car.

2.5RS Impreza

by Impreza Enthusiast from on Mon Dec 17 2012

If you are looking for a reliable and economical AWD car - this is a great choice. We really have enjoyed the car and recommend it for someone who wants something a bit sporty in a 4 door style. if you want more power go WRX, but reliability and adequate power can be found in the base model Impreza. if you are lucky to find a 2005 like we did - it is a RS 2.5 model - nice torque, styling and RS features. I recommend this for sure.

2005 wrx sti

by Suby from chicago on Sat Oct 31 2009

Orignal owner here... i have 204,000 miles on the orignal engine! its unbeleivable how reliable this car is.. NEVER had a problem, orignal turbo still spools awesome. My sti still runs like the day i bought it.. I would HIGHLY reccommend a 2005 subaru wrx sti.

LOOOOOOOOOVE MY STi ! ! ! ! !

by SIK STI from Bellingham, WA on Fri May 30 2014

She'll be ten years old this December... total cost in repairs thus far, $40 bucks ! Haven't even had a lightbulb go out on her yet... unbelievable ! I could not be happier with my STi... Subie's Rule ! Can't wait to buy myself a Forester as well and keep them both FOREVER ! ! !

awesome car

by sube lover from New Hampshire on Sun Mar 03 2013

I bought this car new in 2005. It was just me and my dog then. I now use it to drive my two kids around, and my dog can fit in the back (mines a wagon/hatch back). It's not the prettiest car, or the quietest, it doesn't really have any extra options, but the all wheel drive is amazing. I live in New England in the middle of nowhere and I need to get to work no matter what the weather. I've never gotten stuck, in fact I've passed 4x4 SUVs and trucks who have slid off the road. In fact, the only times I've really slid is when I've done it on purpose. I would never go out in the snow with my kids unless I think they'll be safe, and I never worry taking them out in my Impreza. It now has well over 120,000 miles on it and it's still going strong. However, I'm a 5'4' female with a smallish frame. My 6' tall slightly overweight husband feels a little cramped driving it, and with one of the kids behind him, his knees touch the dashboard, but for a single small to average size person who likes to go off road or drives in the snow, I would highly recommend this car.

05 WRX STi

by WorldRally 05 from Chicago, IL on Fri Nov 21 2008

I've owned a 04 Jaguar X-Type and a 06 Acura RSX. My RSX didn't have the torque or traction the jaguar x-type had with awd so I went with the STi. It is the best vehicle I have ever driven. It gets about 18mpg but your paying for a performance car. It handles and accelerates like a dream and has an extensive amount of aftermarket parts available if you are interested in modding. The color has a lot of features like driver controlled center differential, shift light, shift beeper, intercooler sprayer, and more. The seats are pretty comfortable but obviously not the best. Overall its an amazing car for the price, i got mine with 11k miles for 25k.

Awesome for the Money

by Suby Fan from Los Angeles on Fri Oct 13 2006

This car is great! It's a BMW without the price. The AWD gives the car superior handling. It is way comfortable to sit in and long trips are no problem. It has a lot of power but still gets good gas mileage. I love my suby and won't buy another kind of car. People always comment on how good the car looks. Thr trunk has good storage too for a compact car. It's sporty and fun to drive.

Best Bang for the buck of any car I've owned

by Mr from San Francisco on Mon Feb 19 2007

I've owned, Ford, Mazda, Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Toyota and several other makes and the Impreza has been the best bang for the buck thus far. I love the AWD, it's addicting to own and I don't seem myself owning another non-AWD vehicle. I'm not aware of any other car on the road that costs less to maintain and is as reliable and performs as well in terms of handling. Acceleration is definitely acceptable for a car that costs so little.

An Engineer's car. Most fun car ever.

by Rootcause from Cincinnati, OH on Sun Jul 23 2017

Purchased as third owner, mechanically very sound, non-smoker but had had wet dog or other animals transported. Upgraded all seating to later WRX sports seats inc side airbags. Incredibly reliable and a good introduction to full time all wheel drive. FTAWD allows car to out-perform almost all contenders in the snow and wet weather, roll-center is very low and winter Finnish snow tires makes car incredibly fast in the snow. Drifting is a driving style unique to FTAWD Subaru's and the latest FTAWD Porsche. At 105k miles car developed drive shaft U joint stiffness and the phase 2 head gaskets leaked. Now repaired with CF drive-line and small increase in power, car is faster in acceleration but still limited by the ECU for top speed.

Bang for the buck

by Apex Burner from Boise, ID on Mon Jan 29 2007

I have a stock 2005 WRX Sedan and have had no problems with it whatsoever. The EJ series engines are very strong and reliable. Fit and finish are decent and the total package is hard to beat on value.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2005 Subaru Impreza

There are some exciting new five-door compacts on the road, from the Kia Spectra5 to the Audi A3 Sportback, and more to come, including the sexy Dodge Caliber. Their presence makes the Subaru Impreza Outback Sport wagon seem even more dated -- almost as if time were standing still when you're sitting in the driver's seat.

We tested a 2005 Outback Sport Special Edition, with a sticker price of $20,870.

HE: Believe it or not, it wasn't that long ago when the Impreza wagon stood out from the rest of the Japanese compact crowd. It still offers the benefit of standard all-wheel drive, but its other attributes and idiosyncrasies -- the flat-four engine, the outdoorsy Outback trim level, even the five-door profile... Read More