2006 Impreza

4.7 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.3 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

best car i've ever owned

by janine from MD on April 12, 2010

originally bought the car after falling in love with the AWD system, but went with the cheapest version of the impreza. there's nothing cheap about this car though. it's a great value. as expected, the AWD has been a blessing the past three winters. the interior is so comfy and everything is well laid out. fun to drive, great power for a NA 2.5l. the AC cuts down on power more than i'd like, but it cools the car faster than most other ACs. only complaint would be wind noise on the highway from the side mirrors. i don't think i'll ever buy another non-subaru, i love this car so much. it has made my love commutes over the years much easier. highly recommended.

My First Subaru WRX

by Elegido from District Heights, Md on May 14, 2007

I've had all type of cars from Saab 900, Honda CRX, Toyota Supra, Scion Xb, and I would have to say that the WRX is the most rewarding driver experience. Yes, it could be a little better when it comes to the fuel issue, but it's a small price to pay. I look forward to driving my car everyday. I can't wait till it snows to really see what she's all about. Haven't delt with any issues at all. Did alot of research to find the perfect WRX.

lots of bang for the buck

by leifinseattle from Seattle WA on August 7, 2007

I?ve been driving my WRX wagon for about nine months now and I?m more impressed with it every day. The overall road feel and driver interface is amazing. Steering is precise, and acceleration is exhilarating, even before the turbo kicks in. Previous versions of the WRX were plagued by a pronounced turbo lag and lame torque at lower RPMs, but the new 2.5L engine in the ?06 distributes power across a much wider band. It still jumps at 3500-4000 RPMs when the turbo kicks in, but it?s quicker off the line with a much smoother transition into the turbo burst, resulting in a more even, muscular acceleration. The AWD enables it to handle great on all surfaces and under all conditions. This car is not for everyone, but for those seeking an under $25k ride that provides thrilling performance, AWD capability and day to day practicality it would be tough to do better than the Impreza WRX wagon. Best features: Handling, acceleration, AWD, appearance, small wagon practicality. Suggested Improvements: Road noise, fuel economy, insurance cost, no iPod input, no sunroof available (except with Limited model).

Awesome Car!!

by Joe from Westborough, MA on February 17, 2007

I've owned two cars before this that were also good cars but this car is by far the best I've owned. The only problem with the car is that it's not roomy in the back. But the outstanding performance and handling kind of cancel that out. It's all wheel drive all the time and it awesome. I just laugh when I see people having car trouble in the winter while my car can easily plow through a mound of snow like it were a speed bump. Overall, this car is well worth the money, reliable, and just a blast to drive.

Impreza 2.5i 5sp

by Subaru Owner from Minneapolis, MN on January 19, 2007

This vehicle is excellent in the Minnesota Climate. The standard options are more than sufficient, but the stock radio is about as good as a nice Sony Clock Radio. The factory upgrade is over priced and does not offer good sound quality. The brakes are a bit spongy, which I corrected with a Perrin Master Cylinder brace and Hawk Pads. The center of gravity, handling, and steering are spot-on. I did add front and rear strut bars which helped turn-in. The shifter is ropey, and the tramission mounts are soft so alot of movement is detected in the shifter. I corrected this with the SPT Shifter and is now very nice and tight. The car gets about 30mpg when driven kindly. This is a solid car, very well conceived, and a far better value than any other car in its class if you live a in a climate that gets snow. If you live in a warm climate, I would spring the extra 5,000 and get the 2007 Honda Civic Si 4-door. You can't go wrong with this car, the last one I had lived until 215,000 miles gracefully.

Impreza 5 speed

by Subaru fan from Enfield, CT on March 24, 2011

This is my 4th Subaru that I've owned. They are a great car. I got 225,000 on my last one until an accident totaled it. It still had original brakes, clutch, exhaust, starter, alternator, etc. All I ever did was the normal recommended maintainance. the head gaskets go at around 100,000 miles but it's a small price to pay. Can't beat that value!

A great car for teen boys.

by Tyler from California on July 3, 2006

This car is simply great. Very reliable. Sport, yet safe. AWD helps with harsh weather conditions. I think the 15-18 year old boys will like this car the best. Many modifying capabilities.

Beast on wheels

by IcE COld STi from Texas on May 13, 2013

I have been in love with the 06-07 Impreza's, and I have been doing research for the past couple of months.. I found one in my price range, color and mileage so I had no choice other than to buy it... The associates at the dealership were excellent and the vehicle is a beast.... You can't go wrong with a 4 cyc 2.5L awd turbo... I would recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market...

Wished I had moved from Honda to Subaru sooner

by T-REX from Gettysburg on April 29, 2012

I was a long time Honda fan, coming from an integra that for 10 years had never let me down, i traded it in for a 07 WRX TR edition and has never looked back. The seats are very comfortable, performance is up to par for a daily driver in my books, not to mention the Subaru growl the aftermarket exhausts give off (if your into modding). I average 26mpg and my commute is mainly through stop and go traffic. At this point I plan on driving my subaru till its go nothing left to give which is not in the foreseeable future!

woo hoo

by jianye3 from NYC on May 13, 2006

I've driven this high-performance sports car for more than 3,500 miles from NYC streets, to highways. I've put it through a winter, and enjoyed the automatic climate control on warm days. The WRX Limited set me back by about $30,000, and it has been worth every single penny. Every time I walk up to it, I smile - outstanding styling all around the exterior. I think it is the best looking WRX ever. I personally think the 2002's big circle headlamps made the former wrx look awful. The WRX has long been considered among enthusiasts and auto magazines as one of the funnest cars around for the past several years. The terms "pocket rocket" or "the [non-rich] man's sports car" are very good terms for the wrx. This thing can really move, and acceleration is nothing short of breath-taking. I have to be honest and say, sometimes it scares me how fast I can go in this light car. This car, so far, is the car of my dreams. And as I say, sometimes it still surprises me how fast and powerful this little 4 cylinder car is. I have had my eye on the WRX for years. But the headlights of the 2002's wrx were so unattractive to me. Now that I have the '06, I really do feel that it was worth all the waiting, and all the saving up. The '06 is the best performing WRX ever, as many websites state. And it was worth every penny. The 2006 WRX, as many websites and car magazines say, is one of the funnest cars around to drive. It is unique in that the AWD can shift torque around to help you master a curve or turn better. And given all the upgrades to the 2006 WRX, including the bigger engine, tighter handling, stronger brakes, I really do think the WRX should be at the top of any new sports car buyer's list.

1 2 3 4 5