2009 Impreza

2009 Subaru Impreza

2009 Subaru Impreza

Have You Driven the 2009 Subaru Impreza?

My first Subaru, 09 WRX Sedan, found my dream car!

by Ryno from Minnesota on Thu Mar 22 2012

Bought at model year end. Dark grey metallic, great color I constantly get compliments. Installed Perrin turbo back exhuast and got it custom road tuned. Dynoed at 289 HP and 301 torque at the wheels! This car smokes stock STi's and 90% of the cars on the road. How many all wheel drive cars with almost 300 wheel HP get 26mpg like my Subie?! Love the styling, it is a sleeper, beamers and rice rockets never see the beatdown coming! Running steel wheels with dunlop snows in the Minnesota winters. Unstoppable in the snow. I go out during snow storms to play and try to get stuck but never have. Even with the low ground clearance you can rock it out of almost any snow condition. Pros= too many to list. Buy one, you will never go back. I was surprised to see how devoted and proud Subaru owners are, I get waves from fellow Subie drivers almost everytime I take her out for a run.

One of the Best Vehicles

by SubaruJunkie from Bristol, VA on Tue May 07 2013

This is my third car and the only reason why I got it was because I needed something AWD/4WD to get back and forth from school and work during the winter months. I have to say, this car has outperformed any others that I have owned! Very quick, very reliable and very comfortable to ride in for long trips and it's very easy to pass other vehicles on the highway. I average around 27 MPG with this car, which is expected because of the added weight of the AWD system (and I'm a bit of a leadfoot.) There were several bad snow storms where I live and the car took the roads very nice and smooth on those bad days, no problems with slipping or sliding around (as long as you go way under the speed limit). I did have some troubles when I first got the car (used) the windows were rolling up and down VERY slow and there was one night where the window wouldn't go up at all. Took it to the dealer the next morning and the problem was fixed! Apparently, the windows needed greased up or something of the sort. I DO wish this car had a better sound system and I'd like to be able to turn it up a bit without it sounding distorted and vibrating like crazy. And I have also noticed that if you have the A/C on high for a long time, it can really suck up the gas (more than usual), but this doesn't seem to be such a big problem. I bought this car in January '13 with 58,000 (exactly) and it now has almost 65,000 miles. Overall, this is a fantastic car and I would recommend it to ANYONE. I would also recommend investing in an upgraded sound system for a full experience of what this car is capable of.

My First Subaru

by CaliboyRay from Sacramento, CA on Wed May 06 2015

PLEASE NOTE, THESE EXPERIENCES WERE WITH MY CAR AND THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION FROM EXPERIENCE I bought this car after doing extensive research because I needed a vehicle to commute from home to my frustrating low wage job (2hr journey max) and I must say its great. Since this is the base model I bought, I cant class it as fast, but it does provide a sporty feel and style. -here's the run down- -the tiptronic system is a bit jerky on the highway for some reason but perfect for small roads since you can lower the revs at any time to save fuel unlike some other cars. for highway runs, just stick to general the automatic - i get about 25-28 MPG and my weekly gas bill is about $20 or less, but thats all down to my driving style (calm). my car came with an eco mode which does some witchcraft and increases my MPG to around 30 -for highways or casual runs, its super comfortable and stable. this may be the best and most comfortable inexpensive car I've ever been in. the car has airbags airbags for front and back passengers and driver as standard. also ABS and EDC came as standard too. as far as i can tell, parts are easy and cheap to get. you can even add your car to Amazon.com's garage and obtain the parts you needed. its completely reliable compared to the older models. from 2009 Subaru decided to make their cars more for the average joe and less for rally type style ( unless you buy a WRX or STI) Overall the car is great and for the few moments to and from home, i can forget about the stress of a hectic job and part time school. its a wonderful drive and I would recommend it to everyone as a first car .. ya buddy, im that confident in it. ---CaliboyRay

Chuck E.'s In Love

by Chuck E. from New York, NY on Sat Jan 09 2010

I am over the moon about my new Subaru Outback. Totally besotted. Gonzo. The sport package, with the 17" wheels, cold weather package, roof rack and sporty two-toned look is exactly right for me. (I'm not into sun roofs, so that would have been wasted on me.) I've already driven my Subie to VT to go snowboarding and it was everything I'd hoped. The low-down, cockpit feel, the firm support of the seats, and its pep and responsiveness all make it a dream to drive. And I don't know what everyone's squaking about -- the ten-speaker sound system is awesome. I am in love!!

First Week Owned Review

by Subaru OBS Owner from Trenton, NJ on Sun May 03 2009

I bought a 2009 model outback sport a week ago. I compared it to its competitors (3 direct AWD/4wd competitors, a hybrid 2wd, and a hybrid 4wd). Interior quality of the Subaru holds its own compared to the other vehicles in the class at this price point. Seats are comfortable, have better adjustments than some of its competitors, but adjustment is manual. There are a few features missing that I had in other vehicles. They didn't include a 12v jack that isn't disabled when the key isn't turned to on/acc. The headlights and wipers aren't delay off either. Additionally, US Spec gauges don't display average MPG unless viewing a 'trip' mode of the odometer. The small steering wheel transfers to the wheels well, and handling is decent. I have been averaging 25.1 mpg on my 30 mile 90% highway commute, and have had to do some rapid lane changes to avoid potholes and treads his week. Visibility is good, steering responds quickly, and it holds the road well. Comments on the external styling have been generally positive from passers-by, but previous generation owners are tending to be a tad standoffish. Driving controls are easy to find and don't require long glances from the roadway to check. Air adjustments are very low on the dash, but in time I will get used to adjusting without looking. The heated seat controls are on the center console, and it is easy to tell how the rocker switches are set without looking. Legroom is OK for passengers. The 11th speaker (sub woofer) mounts under the driver seat and could cause an issue for someone with big feet. The roof rack isn't permanently affixed, so it can be taken off for aesthetics, or to, theoretically, improve gas mileage. I have had no problems with the 6cd changer, and the steering wheel audio controls access most features, except changing amongst the FM presets. Some options I would advise other people to consider would be the center console extender, as there is no center armrest, and rear cup holders because the rear only has door mounted bottle holders standard. Remote start is also a dealer installable option.

My New Blue Pocket Rocket

by Joebikerusa from New Hampshire on Thu Aug 20 2009

OK. My wife has had 3 Subaru's over the past years and I have always loved to drive them. Granted they were not like todays but still fun to drive on back roads and in the snow. My NEW 2009 WRX ROCKS!!! Granted i have not hit the 1000 mile mark so I can actually bring this bad boy above 4k rpm but when test drove a different model with some miles on it. I was instantly sold. I got the hatchback aka 5 door or wagon. Whatever it moves right along. I test drove both the sedan and the hatch and the power delivery was very impressive. I had a S4 with a V8 and this car really feels just and I mean just slightly unpowered by a big 8. What does that tell you. OMG Get In. Sit Down. Shut Up. And Hang On for dear life. What else can I say but test drive one and you will not regret it. So I went and bought a New Mica Blue WRX Hatchback. Has the Premiuim package which I would suggest is worth it. Get sun roof and the upgraded stero and fog lights. And the dealer I dealt with was the best experience I have ever had with a car dealer. They went the extra mile. Unlike others who pretty much said "no can do."

Reliable and Stylish

by Ed from Richmond Vermont on Wed Nov 29 2017

The standard transmission works well as does the engine performance in this fairly basic Impreza. It is a fairly comfortable ride and space enough for a driver height of 6' 2". Styling is what sold the car as did the AWD.

Great Car!

by AshleeF from Greenfield, MA on Sat Jul 14 2018

the car is used and runs so smooth, its like new! the only thing I am not impressed with is the fact it doesn't have an aux plug, but it is an older vehicle and I knew it wasn't going too. the cloth black seats are perfect when you have a child that likes to make a mess. it is very roomy and has a nice look to it.

Impreza WRX

by Subasaurus Rex from Akron, Ohio on Mon Feb 22 2010

265hp...Navigation, AWD and quality that is better than vehicle with double the price tag! What else is there to say ...except see ya! Ohio dealerships could learn a lot from New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts! My last three are from out of state! More than happy to drive 400 or 500 miles to save thousands. The upgrades in the navigation systems are outstanding even from 2 years prior...Thank you Subaru!!!

Love my new WRX

by Go Turbo! from Massachusetts on Sun Jul 12 2009

I bought a new 09 WRX in december and i absolutely love it! The car absolutely flys and handles great. I wanted a quick car that drives well in the snow, and I got it. I did by a set of snow tires, as it came stock with summer tires. Even with sometires it still did better in snow than my fwd vehicle did. I would deffinitely buy another Subaru. My wife loves her 09 Legacy too. If you want to feel safe driving in New England in thew winter buy Subaru!!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2009 Subaru Impreza

The Subaru Impreza WRX is a great example of a sports car designed for the real world. It's quick, fun and practical. It'll carry groceries and your friends, and it won't attract the attention of every law enforcement officer out there, provided you drive like an adult.

Sporty cars are often a compromise because their size or shape require you to leave something or someone behind, or they're so stiffly sprung — to give you good cornering — that they're downright painful to drive on slightly imperfect roads. Then there are the dreaded "sporty" cars that only look the part, but in reality are nothing more than normal, practical cars with some fancy body pieces. That's not the case with... Read More