2011 Impreza

2011 Subaru Impreza

2011 Subaru Impreza

Have You Driven the 2011 Subaru Impreza?

2nd Subaru

by Big AL from Arlington, TX on Mon Feb 28 2011

I got a 1993 Subaru Impreza for my 16th birthday and have been driving it ever since. I just purchased the 2011 Impreza and I couldn't be happier. The new Impreza is like a grown up version of my old one. Handles really well and standard all wheel drive can't be beat. The styling of the car is fairly basic but as with all Subarus there are several neat features. I purchased the all weather package which includes heated seats, moon roof, fog lights and my favorite; heated panels on the wheel shield that defrost the wipers.

wow

by bullyboy from Raleigh, NC on Fri Aug 19 2011

"A grown man should not love an inanimate object this much." I debated quite a while about trading my 2007 WRX TR sedan in for a 2011 WRX 5-door. The main reason was that I needed interior space for my carbon triathlon bike and snowboards (I didn't want to strap them to the roof). After three months, all I have to say is that it was one of the best decisions I have made in quite some time. The interior: rear volume is amble/ perfect for hauling gear, the design is clean and simple (as it should be in a sports car), road noise is minimal even at highway speeds, front cabin volume is very comfortable such that two larger adults will not feel like they are shoulder to shoulder. The performance/ handling: the 5 speed gearing is perfect (in the `07 I use to hover between 3rd and 4th doing 45mph - now I am solidly in 3rd and don?t need 4th until close to 55mph), the wider stance is a lot more fun in corners and turns, the stock exhaust sounds great and NOT like your grandmother?s Subaru. The WRX moves like a jack rabbit being chased by a pack of wolves? a calm confidence knowing that it will see tomorrow. My only issue with the WRX is the inability to get the All Weather Package and Leather Seats in the base model trim. These options are only available in the Premium and Limited trims (which also come with a sun roof as standard equipment). I have no use for a sun roof (temps/ weather/ pollen in the Mid-Atlantic region make them unusable for all but about two months of the year) plus being over six feet tall I find they tend to consume to much head room.

Not bad for a commuter car

by Dragulias from Denver, CO on Thu May 05 2011

I have a white sedan 2.5i premium w / manual trans. and nav I got a good deal on this car, I live in Colorado and commute so having AWD was the determining factor. The MPG isn't terrible on the freeways, interior is pseudo classy albeit very spartan. Definitely a better car with a manual transmission as opposed to the aged 4-speed. All in all i haven't had any problems and it isn't too hard on the eyes. Good car.

Snow machine

by wheel man from Vernon, NJ on Wed Jul 24 2013

This is my first subaru, and I've been driving it for almost 2 years. The only issue so far has been needing to replace the battery. The gas mileage has been a bit dissapointing. About 24 with mixed city/highway. I can get it up to 32 on the highway with the cruise set to 62, so its not terrible, but for its size its a little low. This is understandable because of the full time awd. The Bad: The road feel is not good. The steering feels a bit loose, and the car exhibits some sway during turns. It handles twisty roads excellently because of the awd, but the suspension could be a little tighter. You would think with this loose suspension that it would soak up bumps in the road, but it doesn't. Overall, the suspension just feels cheap. A lot of this could be the cheap tires too, however. I still have stock tires, so time will tell with that. Overall, coming from Hondas, this subaru just doesn't feel as solid and tight. The Good: It's absurd how well this car handles in the snow. The first time I drove it in the snow, I knew why they sell so well in the northeast and northwest. It runs circles around 4wd pickup trucks in the snow. The awd system is far superior to any other car, and combined with its low center of mass, its winter handling is unreal. While driving on snow, the car does slide, but the sliding is completely predictable and always under control. Going down a slippery hill, you can put it in sport mode and manually shift the auto trans. This allows you to slow the car using the engine instead of the brakes, keeping the car firmly planted on the road. This is all with the stock tires. With a good set of winter tires, the only thing limiting the depth of snow you can drive through is the car's height. Even with the stock tires, I can get through snow banks several inches over the bumper with no effort. Driving in rain is also a huge safety plus for the subaru. It stays planted firmly. You'd have to be going awefully fast or have bald tires to hydroplane with this car. Overall, If I lived in a place with no snow and little rain, it'd be difficult to justify the impreza over a civic. The civic is more refined, gets better gas mileage, is smoother, quieter, feels more solid, and is cheaper. However, if you live in snow country, or even a place that gets a lot of rain, its tough to beat the impreza.

Amazing car!

by Subaru convert from Portland, OR on Sat Jun 18 2011

I really love my new impreza! I got the 2.5i premium with the all winter package so it has almost everything I could ask for! The only thing I wish it did was keep the electronics on after the car is off, until you open the door. I get way better gas milage than what the estimate is! I get about 30-33 hwy and 24ish in the city!!! Overall I couldn't be happier because it has great handling, safety, gas milage, and electronic features!

2011 Impreza

by Danishlady from Binghamton, NY area on Mon Sep 26 2011

Do not like the black trico uphlstery. Its like a velcro lint catsher. Gas mileage is getting better and better. Really like that.!! Handles great. Hugs the road on curves. Anxious to see how it does in the snow this winter.

Excellent Car!

by Subaru Enthusiast from on Sat Apr 30 2011

I have owned Subaru's for years and have always been a fan. I was stupid enough to trade down to a Jeep and will never do it again. This car turns on no matter how cold in the winter and goes through every environment that I put it through. The only thing that I am not satisfied with is if you have the slightest amount of condensation in the car (say rain drops getting in while getting in or out during a storm) and if it gets cold enough at night, the inside of the windows ice up. Other than that, great deal!

best car for the money

by car enthusiast from canada on Wed Jan 11 2012

Solid, great handling, safe awd car for a good price. The Impreza has a personality.I have owned many vehicles but found the Impreza a delight to drive, gives me confidence on the road, whether it be windy or blowing snow I trust this car to get me there, unlike some small awd suv's that feel like there ready to tip over.

this car saved my life

by alh from Florida on Sun Oct 03 2010

My Impreza took a hit by a big extended cab pickup that was going 50 mph. As I was proceeding through a green light, it ran the red. Although the car was destroyed, I walked away after the firefighters cut the roof and driver's door off. (As a precaution, they put me on a board in case there was neck/spine damage); the driver's door would not open due to the hit and the hit was from the front of the car to the rear driver's side door. All bystanders assumed I was dead inside. I was knocked out for a minute but all was well. The side and front airbags deployed well. I grieve for my car and it was the most fun to drive, especially with sport tires. BTW, I'm 60. I immediately purchased another Subaru.

2011 WRX Limited, Nimble And Surefooted

by Capnmonkey from Covington, KY on Fri Sep 10 2010

As a long time Mazda fan and current owner of several Mazdas, I was a little bit surprised to find myself shopping for something that was not a Mazda. Our Mazdas have been extremely good to us and I've talked many people into shopping and buying Mazda. However, wanting something that was speedy and also AWD, Mazda strangely had nothing to offer to replace the Mazdaspeed6 that was being traded in. Enter the Subaru Impreza WRX, a car that is much like what I had hoped the Mazdaspeed3 would be. I'll get the bad out of the way first and then move on to the good. The most difficult aspect of moving from a Mazda into the Subaru was the interior comfort and quality. While Mazda tends to have very upscale looking materials and comfortable, ergonomic design and layout, the WRX is clean, sparse and somewhat utilitarian. Everything works and looks nice, but for the MSRP of a WRX Limited you feel like you should be getting a little more. The shifter is too tall and the arm rest is too short. The "trip computer" only displays average MPG, time and ambient temperature. The lack of average MPH and fuel range is a little baffling. No auto wipers, no auto headlights, and no digital display for climate control. The bluetooth on the steering wheel looks nice, and while the system is no Sync it is adequate and is probably the flashiest piece of technology that comes standard. For steep optional fees the tech level can be raised with a bluetooth media connection, and/or a media hub which includes a fancier display as well as navigation. I opted out of these and stuck with the standard aux-in as well as usb-in which is located in the console armrest. The big standout as far as the interior is concerned is the seats. The shape, materials and fit are top notch. While people in the car may not be blown away by the standard radio or dash layout, the seats will catch their eye. And once you get moving, they will appreciate the depth and side bolsters. Which leads right into the good... Whereas the Mazdaspeed6 was surefooted and deliberate in size and steering, the WRX is surefooted and nimble. The steering is light and very responsive, similar to a Mazda 3, but the WRX sets itself apart by having superior guts and grip. Get the tires pointed in the right direction and give it some gas and you'll defy physics and leave passengers deep in their seats. The shifter action is not quite as smooth as a Mazda, but overall the clutch and shifter work well together giving you the impression of a very steady power band all the way up to 6k rpm. Whether it's passing on the highway or knifing through the city, the WRX was designed to move, and it moves well. Any initial misgivings about interior quality, comfort or design will melt away once the car is in motion. The WRX's exceptional performance sets its apart from many cars on the road, but how does the car look? Phenomenal. Clean. Angry. For 2011 the WRX joins the STI with a widebody stance that makes it look ready to pounce even while parked. From some angles it strongly resembles a Mazda 3 hatchback, but walk all the way around the car and the quad exhaust, snarling hood scoop, and wide fenders hunkered down over thin tires will have you itching to turn the key. I still love a Mazda, but all things considered I think there's room in my heart for this lovable and deadly looking turbo hatchback. Pros: Looks, power, handling Cons: Interior design, sparse interior features Strange: Incline assist? Really? MPG: Depends on how you drive, likely 18/24 Other notable features: Heated seats, HID headlights, aluminum pedals, MP3 CD 6 disc Notable optional features: turbo boost gauge, SPT exhaust, door guard trim, all weather trunk insert, short throw shifter, red/blue interior illumination, homelink auto dim mirror

1 2 3 4 5