2015 Impreza

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Finally! My Subaru!!

by First Time New Car Buyer from Cary, NC on February 17, 2015

I love my New Subaru! The Handling is tight and responsive, the fuel economy is great, and the AWD gives me confidence when the weather gets nasty. I think the styling is beautiful. The lines are sharp and clean. I did a lot of research before buying a new car, and the safety and reliability of Subaru were the deciding factors in my decision.

Loaner car

by KJ from PV, AZ on November 5, 2015

I received this as a loaner car while my Forester was being repaired. This was a fun little car, had good engine pep, felt sporty, and decent visibility. It I was in the market for a new car this Subbie would be a strong contender.

Excellent value

by Kel from NYC, NY on November 13, 2016

Much quieter and smoother riding than the '13 I owned, and the noise reduction project in the trunk makes it even more so; the reason for the project was because the road noise the car transmits made talking on Bluetooth difficult. The 5 MT delivers 31 mpg in mixed driving, and up to 42 mpg on the turnpike. Back up camera is invaluable, and the car's equalizer is capable of creating decent sound for classical music as well as rave and rock 'n roll tunes. Aside from minor rattles, the car has had no reliability issues. I've driven other compact cars as rentals; I must say that dollar for dollar, the Impreza is the best value.

Impreza Sport Premium Hatchback

by Hdubs from San Francisco, CA on April 17, 2017

Best fuel efficient AWD car. Great for commuting with poor conditions or for quick trips to the mountains for some skiing. Biggest trade off between this and other AWD vehicles is the low clearance, but the resulting efficiency is great. It's a little less sporty than other similarly sized cars (e.g. Mazda3 or Jetta) and the interior could use some better storage options. I was used to my '02 Forester that had storage compartments everywhere, and now I have almost none in the Impreza

Subaru Impreza

by Sam from Spokane Valley, WA on March 30, 2015

Great new car! Good handling, and i love the AWD. Beautiful car. and i feel so safe in it. Subaru is the best cars out there

Great Commuter Car with Some Flair

by KevinNY from Ellicottville, NY on April 4, 2017

I have had my 2015 Subaru Impreza 2.0i sport premium 5 speed manual for 2 years now. I commute 53 miles each way to school everyday so I spend quite a bit of my day in the car. My parents were gracious enough to buy me this fine automobile brand new for the purpose of commuting to school. It serves its purpose very well. Rides comfortable, has comfortable seats, lots of room, great fuel economy for an all-wheel-drive car at 34 mpg. Speaking of all-wheel-drive, this car is a beast in the snow. It has gone through snow above the tires and has never gotten stuck. I live in the snow belt of western NY and have never driven anything that takes on snow like this does. The only suggestion is to put proper winter specific tires on it. The heater warms up quickly, and the heated seats on models equipped with them are awesome. Enough to boil water if you leave them on long enough. The interior is nothing to write home about, but it serves its purpose. Everything is where you would expect it to be. The addition of the starling infotainment system was a nice touch for 2016 to update the rather dated interior. The seat comfort is nice and gives enough support for long length trips. Also visibility inside the cabin is excellent and well above other vehicles I have driven. Room inside the cabin is plentiful as well. The drivetrain is a naturally aspirated 2.0 liter flat-4 which produces 148hp and 145lbft of torque. It sound like not very much and to be honest....it isn't. It's enough for the car but it definitely struggles with very large hills. If you get the 5 speed you will be constantly shifting to be in the power. The 5 speed is the way to go if you want to have any kind of fun with the car though. Despite the lack of power, I still get around 34 mpg on my daily drive which is a combination of hilly back roads and highway driving. I even averaged over 40 mpg on a trip to my grandparents house in central PA. The interior noise from the engine is pronounced at higher RPM. This is alright with me because I love the sound of the boxer 4. I even put on the borla axel-back muffler for and sweet sweet boxer burble. The exterior styling is unquiet but not too outlandish. It has subtle yet handsome good looks and gives off the "baby wrx" kind of feel. Overall I really like my car, and it's great for what I use it for. I would definitely consider it if you live in snowy areas as it is a "winter warrior." Even if you don't, it's still a great small car with a nice ride, lots of interior space, comfortable seats, and a very capable all-wheel-drive system.

Focus on reliability and safety

by Senior Citizen from El Paso on April 25, 2015

Good value for the money; however, the manual could be more user-friendly and include instructions on how to operate radio.

Good gas mileage & AWD

by BrookeB from Auburn CA on March 14, 2017

I love this car! I had a 2002 Impreza prior to purchasing this car. It's practical, does great in the snow and is very comfortable and luxurious inside.

Fun to drive!

by TGB from Rochester, MN on August 5, 2017

Great car. Hugs the road. Awesome 5-speed manual transmission. Plenty of room. Very smooth ride. I would definitely recommend this car.

Another great car

by Subaru advocate from Warren, PA on February 4, 2018

This is my 11th Subaru. They have literally saved my life. We just bought our 12th Subaru to add some features so we need to sell this one. The quality of the repair work on it is excellent. I would not hesitate buying this car now that I have owned it for over a year. You have to see it to appreciate its quality.

1 2 3 4