2016 Impreza

2016 Subaru Impreza

2016 Subaru Impreza

4.5

Have You Driven the 2016 Subaru Impreza?

2016 subaru impreza premium

by kitt from frederick, maryland on Mon May 02 2016

car rides nice, its a quiet ride, has great pick up. sticks to the road, feels solid, the inside is stylist and the seats are just big enough. nice trunk space for traveling. cant wait to see what it does in the snow. The Salesman I had was wonderful gave an explanation of everything about the Subaru. I give him a ten on helping me to find the right car and find a good deal. thanks for the help everyone gave me throughout the purchasing of the car. Thank you!

Great Value for the $

by Ghengis415 from Mill Valley, CA on Wed Jun 08 2016

Bought an Impreza Sport hatchback, $26K with leather and sunroof. PROS: VERY comfortable ride, great MPGs, CVT auto works great around town, huge cargo area in back (esp w/seats folded), leather interior is really nice. loaded with tech gadgets (backup camera, etc). CONS: Doors/door frames ding ridiculously easy, weak acceleration passing and merging onto highway, & entry level stereo speakers are little weak. Altogether very pleased/would highly recommend this car/model to anyone looking for a good reliable hatchback in $20-$26K range. Other Outback, Forester and BRZ owners have also told me their doors ding really easily.

2016 Impreza Sport

by Bobby Fire from Stockbridge, MA on Fri Mar 17 2017

This is my second. My first was a 2013, which I thought was a great handllng AWD car. To give an idea of my ability to judge, for over five years, I used to sport around in a Lotus Elise. Getting over 30 mpg in a reliable AWD car is a true blessing. Handling our rough country roads, hugging corners in the turns, and moving along as fast as speed limits and other traffic allows. Sure, safe, four wheel disk brakes, and a sport tuned suspension are all part of the package. Throw in Eyesight driver alert system, rear view camera, and an awesome sound system, replete with touch screen controls, and I no longer dream of the day I could afford a Mercedes. And we're talking in the lowest of the $20,000. bracket, not $65,000. Nuff said!

The most incredible car I've owned personally.

by Keithh267 from OMAHA on Fri Jun 08 2018

I actually went to look at a different vehicle when I saw the Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon. It had beautiful lines it looked fast and it looked like it had great handling. It does, this is the best car I've ever owned.

What a cool car

by Jojosubaru from Greenville sc on Wed Mar 21 2018

What a sweet car! Drives like a sports car. All the bells and whistles you could ever need! Sits low to the ground so this is a car for young knees. Handles well and fun to drive

First Time Subaru Owner

by sportsfan from Fort Wayne, IN on Sun Mar 19 2017

I was looking for something that was reliable, economical, and could carry my gear (I have a kayak and a bike for summer sports and X-country ski for winter.) I looked for the perfect vehicle for about four months. I settled on the Impreza Sport and I'm glad I did. Ran good in the snow but didn't have enough to test it in the deep stuff. Made to Midland Michigan just fine. The ride is great on the highway and country roads. For long trips (+4 hours) I needed to take a break from the hard seats. My previous car was a Buick that was like sitting a lazy-e-boy on wheels. Ill get use to the hard seats hopefully. Maintenance of the car is super easy to do yourself. The jack points are great which make doing the tire rotations simple. Overall I love the subie. Does everything I need it to do.

Safe, Comfortable, Reliable.

by KMC from Wilmington, DE on Mon Mar 06 2017

Solidly built. When closing doors, doesn't sound tinny. Comfortable seats. Seat belt latches easy to find. Heated seats amazing. Felt comfortable driving it even on test drive.

I feel so secure!

by Love my Soob-y from Northern NJ on Fri Feb 19 2016

This is my 3rd Subaru! Just traded in a 12 year old Outback wagon and now wanted something smaller than the standard SUV type vehicles. I also wanted to find a vehicle with a navigation system as well as the latest in driver safety features. The StarLink System and the EyeSight Driver-Assist System combine to meet all my requirements. The ride is very smooth and I have no problem accelerating into traffic. As with my previous Subaru cars, the AWD is ideal for driving in the Northeast winter weather. I highly recommend the Impreza!

Nothing great

by Phillbill007 from Seattle, WA on Wed Feb 22 2017

I've had my Impreza for about 6 months now and all the things that seemed nice have lost their touch. The stereo system is horrible with flat sounding speakers and has difficulty connecting to/keeping up with Bluetooth devices. If you receive a call from someone you need to reconnect the Bluetooth by restarting the car or, if it doesn't freeze on you, by restarting the Bluetooth in connection settings. Same goes with the display if you want to view the song info. The interior is hard plastic with firm seats. I didn't realize how cheap it looks and feels until I took a road trip from Los Angeles to Seattle and felt myself wanting to get out at gas stations to get away from the discomfort. The engine it the best feature by far. A sporty fun to drive boxter engine handles great under the 5 speed manual transmission. The interior, although lacking in quality, is pretty spacious. The interior is not as quiet on the road as my jetta or 3 series was, or even as my friends base '15 Kia soul; in fact it's the loudest of all of my previous cars. This can all be fixed if you're willing to spend the extra cash on the next model up or adding everything yourself but I've had far superior experiences in less expensive vehicles.

Does not recommend this car!!

excellent performance,issue with interior design

by Pumpkin from Glendale,MA on Tue Mar 21 2017

Performance is excellent. I feel very secure even with ice and snow. However, the dashboard is too high thereby hindering visibility. Also already had a repair regarding the break switch

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2016 Subaru Impreza

Editor's note: This review was written in March 2015 about the 2015 Subaru Impreza. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2016, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Upgraded with a rich new multimedia system and higher gas mileage, the 2015 Subaru Impreza is a serious contender for all small-car shoppers, even if you don't think you need all-wheel drive.

Changes for 2015 include some visual tweaks and an overhauled, smartphone-quality dashboard display, which even the base Impreza gets in scaled-down form. As before, the car comes as a sedan or four-door hatchback in 2.0i base, Premium and Limited trim levels; the hatchback also... Read More