2018 Impreza

4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Pros and Cons

by Silvia Subaru from Fountain City, WI on February 7, 2018

Pros: good gas mileage, AWD, smooth transmission (CVT), simplistic and fresh layout of all controls, great interior room compared to other vehicles in its class, great visibility due to sitting up higher and having smaller beams for the windshield. Cons: touchscreen has a few bugs that will hopefully get worked out in a software update but works most of the time, fog lights don't come standard on base model and neither does a compass (optional upgrades), mirrors feel small and angled strangely which minimizes their use for me instead I turn my head. If there weren't any bugs with the touchscreen reliability would get 5 stars.

Finally a reliable car

by Cassie on February 19, 2018

Perfect winter vehicle! Good gas mileage and overall perfect car for what I needed/could afford. For being a “low end” model it is fancier than any car I have driven and all older cars. Between the back up camera, Apple Car Play, roomie interior and overall good looks, it feels like a top of the line model!

I?m in love with my Impreza!

by KarenC from Mullica Hill , NJ on April 13, 2018

So I see a coupon online to get $50 for a test drive of a Subaru. Great I thought. An easy $50 bucks, I just drive it and say I don?t like it and collect my $50 dollars. So I go on my local Subaru dealer website and pick out what I would like to drive, a 50th anniversary edition Subaru Impreza hatchback, fully loaded in a nice Heritage Blue color. Now mind you, I?m 56 years old, never driven or been interested in a Subaru. I?ve owned Toyota?s, Saab?s, Mercedes, and a 2011 Mazda3 Grand Touring which I absolutely loved except for the smiley face. Most recently I was driving a 2006 Acura RSX with 207,000 miles, so it was time. Had my sights on a 2017 VW Wolfsburg Edition Golf. Well, to make a long story short I bought the Subaru. Sure, it?s not the quickest car I?ve ever driven, but it felt solid like a German car, very much like the Golf I was contemplating buying. I absolutely love it! Read feedback through Consumer Reports that the reliability was not good because of crummy electronics, but I can honestly say I haven?t experienced that, but time will tell. All I would recommend is that you at least test drive a Subaru if you are in the market for a new car, since like me, you may be surprised.

Every safety and convenience features imaginable

by Karen & Jim on March 8, 2018

Very beautiful car. Interior and exterior are top notch. This car meets all our needs. Drives like a sports car and is very peppy. The CVT mimicking a standard auto trans so well you don’t even realize that it is a CVT transmission. We love it!

Great grip on the road

by AngelS from Chicago on October 29, 2017

Great car with a 4-wheel drive and a good price! Very Steady on the road. Inside is up to par with new technology, bluetooth and Apple connection. Interior feels big for a small car.

A Radio Away from Perfection

by Chip from Portsmouth, NH on May 23, 2018

Our new 2018 Impreza is our fifth Subaru -- and like its predecessors, it is a fine car that I know will provide many happy miles for us. The cabin is comfortable, roomy, and well-appointed for a low-end car -- and, while some have commented on the engine's power, I have not found it lacking. I has pep taking off from a standing start, and I have had no difficulty with passing. If I had one complaint about the car, it would be the radio/infotainment system. It is not as responsive to the touch as I would like, and as a result, I have to take my eyes off the road to tune it. I also find the reception poor. Signals fade out far closer to home with this car than with our previous Subarus. Still, given its attractive styling, Subaru reputation for durability, all-wheel-drive stability, and value for the money, I am pleased with our purchase. I would heartily recommend this model to anyone who is looking for a roomy and practical sedan.

Nice and affordable

by Tallmon from Grand Junction, CO on February 17, 2018

Meets my needs, great car for a great price, excellent handling, nice upgrades, comfortable seats, plenty of cargo space. Great customer service very understanding and helpful. Answered any questions that we had. Super excited to own this car.

Excellent value for the money

by SubaruOwner from Englishtown, NJ on May 1, 2018

I looked for a hatchback with a manual transmission for a while. I didn't want the typical SUV and many cars don't come with a manual transmission so my choices were limited. I test drove may other cars and decided on the Impreza for its handling, style and Subaru's overall reliability.

Won?t own any other make of car.

by Bvtodd82 from Jersey shore, Pa on February 6, 2018

The car goes way above my expectations. This is my second Subaru and I will continue to purchase Subaru in the future.

Utility vehicle - 5 door hatchback

by Old Forester from on November 15, 2017

I have the new Impreza 5 door, a 2016 Forester and 2 Corvettes in my garage. It was hard to find a new car with a standard transmission so when this one popped up in inventory I bought it. This will be Subaru # 6 for me. We use the Subaru cars to run errands, carry bicycles, kayaks, hunting dogs and drive to ski school in the winter. We had an Impreza that we drove for 17 years, so contact me in 10 years about the reliability rating on this car. This car is lower than the Forester so it should be easier to load kayaks. I have not driven this car a lot yet so this review is based on a few weeks of driving none of it in snow.

out of 5 starsReliability

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10