2006 Legacy

4.2 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
3.9 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.2 out of 5 starsValue for the Money

All Reviews

First car (of my own), I love it!

by Ian R. from Gillette, WY on April 18, 2011

Let me start off by saying you get a lot of looks when you drive around in one of these. Mine is black, and the windows are tinted, and the body of the car just has that sharp awesome look when you drive by. Overall, I love my Subaru! Comfort: Don't get me wrong, its comfortable, but it starts to get uncomfortable when you drive 600 miles from the dealership back home. It has lumbar on both the driver's seat and passenger's seat. Performance: 250 HP, 250 Ft lbs of torque, turbo charged 4 cyl Subaru boxer engine. Like i have seen in some other reviews, before you know it you will be going 90 if you haven't driven one of these before. Exterior styling: This is one of the main reasons i bought this car, for its looks. Mine has a stock spoiler on it so it adds that extra awesomeness to the profile of the car to make it stand out. Interior Design: Well its leather, and it has heated seats. What much more could i say? Oil Change time: When it became time to change oil on it, i found that it is probably one of the easiest vehicles to change oil on, convenient placement of the drain plug, and oil filter. Its not placed so that it makes a huge mess. I change my own oil because I cant trust oil change places. Love the placement. Features: There are alot of nifty things that come with it, heated mirrors, auto dim rear view mirror, compass, garage door buttons on the rear view mirror, windshield wiper warmers, power outlet in the console, cruise control (most cars have this- still love it though), AWD. These are probably some of the main features that stand out. Something else i thought was nifty is when you pull the handbrake, it will shut your running lights off. There is also a display beside the clock that will inform you about gas mileage, and statistics. For my first car, i think i did pretty well, to sum it up.

Overall very good car

by Car Crazy dude guy from NJ on July 6, 2011

I inherited this car from a family member a couple months ago. Now it's legally mine but i have been around this car since my family bought it brand new. I love this car alot since it has a lot of sentimental value to me. It has great looks a pretty decent acceleration for a small 4 cylinder engine. it's not a turbo i wish it was but still good acceleration. I like the color alot its atlatic pearl blue. It's roomy, spaciuos, quiet and an overall blast to drive. It's a 2006 and it only has 10k miles on it. i love it, it's basically a new car. Mileage is awesome im getting 23mpg all city which is 200 miles on a half tank. That's ridicuolous. Again i love this car and stronglely encourage anyone else considering to buy this car to buy it.

Love this car

by Ian from Milwaukee, WI on February 22, 2011

First off let me say I love almost everything about this car. I've owned it for 3 months now, and I still love it as much as the day I bought it. Pros: 250hp turbo is very nice, especially on the highway Don't get people looking to race AWD is excellent in the snow I haven't had to replace anything on this car yet *knock on wood* Interior is very ergonomic and everything is within reach. Nothing seems out of place It's one of the few cars I can comfortably fit in (I'm 6'3") You don't see very many of them, which makes your car unique Cons: Rear seats leave much to be desired in terms of leg room It's not as nice as a BMW 335xi or an Audi S4, but for half the price I'll gladly drive my Subaru Gas mileage is subpar in winter (currently getting 18.5 average) All in all, if i had to do it again, I would buy this car in a heartbeat

Great engineering, subpar interior fit and finish

by Jude from colorado on January 16, 2014

I'm the original owner, I have 74,000 miles on the car, and I'm looking to replace it this year. That's about 25,000 miles sooner than I'd planned. What I've enjoyed about the car: the handling is great, the feel is precise and rock-solid. LIke one magazine review I read said, it handles like an entry-level luxury car. The all-wheel drive is nice in the snow, but not essential. I'm looking to trade it in because of un-fixable rattles in the air duct system that have been going on for three years, and a strange noise that's developed that sounds like knocking but the mechanics tell me it's nothing they can figure, probably a typcial sound for a Subaru boxer engine. But it sounds like a jalopy. The driver's side seat cover wore a hole in it after four years--I've never had a car where the fabric's been so thin that it wore through. I haven't had to do a lot of maintenance on it, except that the power steering belt shredded up at 65,000 miles, which surprised the mechanic. I had a Mazda and the belts were still going strong at 98,000 miles. The car's going to need some major maintenance soon--new valve cover gaskets--and I might have considered putting the money into to it to keep it going but then I'd still have a car with a deteriorating interior, rattles in the dash, and weird engine noise. So I'm going to look into a new car, probably something besides a Subaru.

Does not recommend this car!!

Fun Daily Driver

by RKelly from Upstate, NY on June 9, 2010

A Dream to drive. Smooth Power from the turbo 4, although for the average driver, the non-turbo model likely has plenty of pep. Handles amazing; can take highway curves at 100 mph with confidence. The weight and predictability of the car make it an enthusiasts dream in a responsibly wrapped beautiful overall package.

Best car I have ever owned

by Jd68 from Pennsylvania on February 27, 2012

My 2006 legacy gt is the best car I have ever owned. Still going strong at 155,000 miles with very few maintenance issues.

Avoid Subaru junk and buy Honda, Toyota or Nissan

by SubaruJUnk from N.H. on February 25, 2014

78k and now I need a 2-3k repair of head gasket (pull entire engine from car). This problem is well documented (now) on numerous forums on-line. Many people complain that even after this 2-3k repair they blow the entire engine. These failures occur at higher and lower mileage. Dealership admitted it is not uncommon. This affects the 2.5i engines in numerous models. Car is otherwise mediocre in every respect and my 1992 Camry with 210k did everything better, with only maintenance type repairs (never should have sold it). True also of 2 Nissan trucks that went over 250k with no issues! 1979 Chevy Chevettes are expected to have this issue. Not a 2006 Subaru with 78k. JUNK!!!! Back to Honda, Toyota and Nissan (and I love my Mitsubishi Montero Limited...no issues with my Montero ever!) Legacy is only good in snow with studded snows, otherwise it's only marginally better than a front drive vehicle with 4 snow tires. Subaru is overrated JUNK!

Does not recommend this car!!

Most Complete Sports wagon for under 30K!

by shorty . from New York, Ny on January 13, 2007

This wagon for the money truley gives me the performance, styling and features (AWD, Leather, Stereo, Storage, roof racks) that i was looking for. Previously i drove a german sports wagon which cost double the price, but by comparison was richer in int6erior comforts, but felt very heavy while driving. The Legacy gt wagon feels light and drives hard as you like.The steerinvg wheel has a gREAT sporty feel and the wagon feels perfectly balanced while driving. A real blast to drive, and you would never believe it was only a 4 cylinder engine producing all that power. The car pops 100 hp per liter which is up there with the best sports car companys in the world. Porsche pops 355 hp in 3.8 liters, legacy gt 250hp in 2.5liters! do the math on others. test drive one for yourself. My only Qualm is the braking lacks the stoppage that other sports cars deliver.

WE LOVE THIS CAR!!!

by awesome ride from georgia on June 1, 2006

We downsized from a bigger car to save gas and have more of a sporty feel. We love our legacy gt and would not trade it for anything. It is so quick and before you know it you are going 90. BE CAREFUL!

Got me where I needed to go for years

by MelissaC from Hellertown, PA on July 24, 2017

I had this car for years and even though it gave me some problems it was overall a very reliable car. The only reason I don't still have it now is because it got totaled in an accident.

1 2 3