Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2011 Legacy

2011 Subaru Legacy

Have You Driven the 2011 Subaru Legacy?

very good handeling

by RP from Dallas, TX on Thu Jun 30 2011

Just Bought Legacy 2.5i Premium few days back..blue...this car has AWD and gives u same mileage as of FWD....pick up is good when in M(Manual) mode...D(automatic) mode has low pickup set so if u switch from FWD to AWD you might find lil difference....but on highways it runs smooth as if ur driving without friction on road...try driving on bumpy roads, it drives almost smooth...music system is better than what we get in other sedan for the same price...i dont see any extra ordinary feature though except boxer engine, AWD and ...i see it better looking car than other competitors...speed indicators had white LED display, looks sporty...I wish they had sunroof and bluetooth/navigation in premium models...overall i am satisfied with the car...if you are looking to spend around 21000-25000..you might wanna take a look at this one...something different than other cars down the road...good resale too..i ws abt to buy altima or camry but this car changed my mind...

Tremendous value

by Ndougb from Viper, KY on Sun Mar 20 2011

I've owned my 2.5 Premium since December and my love affair continues to blossom. I really don't understand why some complain about acceleration as mine hustles along quite well thank you and she will cruise at 80 mph all day long. I am from the mountains of Eastern Kentucky with lots of curves and steep inclines and where there are several places without guardrail if you venture off the roadway. My Subaru handled all the ice and snow this winter with ease. The seats are supportive and controls are easy to operate. I love this car.

Scooby-Does!

by Young Family Man from Mid-West on Fri Apr 01 2011

Our family has owned the 2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium All-Weather Package for two weeks now. The more I drive it -20% of the time as the wifey-boo uses it as her commuter car-, the more I love. This car is ridiculously easy to drive. At times it feels as if I'm connected to the road like a locomotive on its tracks. The paddle shifters are fun for dad when he's alone on a curvy road; down-shifting into turns produces the exhilaration I need from time-to-time. In sum, one of the things I love most about this car is that it sticks out in a good way due to the fact that it's not a late model Sonata or Accord, which really seem played-out to me at this point. There are so many Sonatas, Accords, and Camrys on the road these days! Be unique, buy a Legacy, and I promise you will not regret it.

Great car, Great Value. Sad that it has issues

by 2010LGTRubyRed from Maryland on Thu Dec 02 2010

We have had our LGT for about 3 months. It's been at the dealership for most of 4 weeks having front end work done to attempt to mask a vibration/steering problem. Unfortunately it only got worse. Subaru has been outstanding, The service dept. at the dealership has been equally outstanding. They care, it's as simple as that. Not all LGT's have this problem only a small number. I am lucky in that they are making this right by offering a refund or swap. I came from a Ford where while under warranty I could not even get them to fix a rattle in the exhaust & cracked dash. Love Subaru...

GREAT car, well worth the MSRP price

by Fred from Andover on Tue Aug 16 2011

Have had this car for 3 weeks/ 1500 miles. Love it more by the day. The CVT provides plenty of power, and has addressed my biggest gripe w/ Subaru's : the low mileage. Now with CVT I average about 30 MPG in mixed city/hiway driving, and 32-34 MGP highway. PRetty great. Interior is really nice looking, and might be the most comfortable car of the 5 I've owned. Smooth and quiet ride. handles great. Just will not hydroplane no matter what i do... I bet it will be great in the snow. I gave it 4 stars for interior cause I wish it had just one or two more trays or stowage areas to hide change and whatnot. Gave it 4 stars for value because the market is insanely inflated right now as a result of the Tsunami, and I believe dealers and Japanese auto makers are all taking advantage of this to keep car prices artificially inflated. However I think this bubble is about to burst so I'd advise folks to hold off a month or two till dealers are are more reasonable ... I didn't have the luxury of waiting but even at the MSRP the car is well worth the money, and better than anything made by competitors..., and will soon be a phenomenal deal once dealers are more reasonable with prices... It's a bit early for me to predict reliabily on this car, but it impresses me daily, and if my 190,000 miles of problem free driving on my last car ( an '03 subaru forester) is any predictor, this car will be a charm.

very surprizing

by JMN3D from Orchard Park, NY on Fri Nov 12 2010

I am so surprized by this car and brand. All these years I ignored my Mom's Outback and now I see what she loved. The Legacy is way more car than it's priced at. I'd stack it against any high end car out there. The reliability alone beats most. Once you have driven it in the snow or hills you really feel the love. I've never witnessed a more loyal owner base. Low volume, quality manufacturer and personal touch at the dealership level, I like that. Thanks Subaru.

A Mountain Goat of a Car

by Jonster from Long Island, NY on Fri Jun 24 2011

I moved up to the top of a steep hill last Winter and sold my '97 BMW 528i to buy a Legacy Premium. I think it's one of the best decisions I ever made. When you drive the car normally, you don't mind the CVT transmission (though when you give it a shove it winds out like an old Evinrude). Still, I was able to get up the hill and home every night last Winter, the snowiest in recent memory, and I didn't even plow my driveway! The power is there and Subaru even recommends putting your foot to the floor once or twice to see exactly how quickly it can move. And it does move out. I like the quality feel of the Legacy. The doors go "ka-thunk" when they close, there are no rattles or shakes, it's remarkably quiet compared to my Dad's '01 Outback, and best of all -- I feel safe in it. They've put together a winner here.

good overall

by amram from Western North Carolina on Wed Aug 24 2011

The 2011 is a very nice car overall. Comfortable and economical with vitrually no gas mileage penalty for having AWD. Sound system could be a bit better, but the 6cd changer with MP3/WMA give you lots of hours of music, i.e. about 600! The CVT whines a bit, but is not hard to get used to. The CVT also pairs well with the 2.5L boxer engine.

Done research, bought the car, very happy!

by KVL from Denver, CO on Mon May 21 2012

This for anybody who is considering to by a similar class sedan: 1) read full tech review. It is way more advanced than accord/camry/others (awd, boxer engine, CVT) for smaller price 2) it has more space inside than any other similar sedans (compared with accord and camry). It is quieter than camry without a question. Some reviewers said it gives a bit more road noise than accord - personally, this is the quietest car I owned. I drive 80-90 mph on a high way and everybody can hear me if I whisper (not jokin, we tried) 3) DO NOT GET SCARED OF THE MPG. You may see camry and accord's mpg to be slightly higher, but realize that it is AWD (for which it has a PHENOMINAL mpg). 2-3 gallons of difference are nothing compared to how amazing this car is in rain/snow/ice. With all its weight it handles BETTER than my mom's tiny civic 2011 4) Safety: knee air-bags??? Curtain side air-bags??? really, there is nothing safer out there than this car. Besides, it can handle a tank weight on its roof (in case God forbid you roll over) Bottom line: This car is for you if you are looking for Japanese reliability, unbelievable handling, comfort and style inside, unique look outside, and want to save couple of thousand by passing on camry/accord. I don't know how you can walk away from this car. I didn't and I am very happy!

by Ryan G from Fort Atkinson, WI on Mon Feb 18 2013

Recently purchased a pre-owned 2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 6 speed. I needed to get a 4 door car for a new job where I do sales in order to receive a car allowance. I was driving a 2007 Honda Civic LX Coupe 5 speed which I loved. I figured I'd look for a larger car since the Civic was on the small side. I chose the Legacy after considering a lot of different cars, 4 Door Civic, Accord, Camry, Maxima, CC, Forester etc... I liked the Legacy's standard AWD since I have a tight schedule and manage a territory in Wisconsin which has some bad winter days and missing appointments due to weather doesn't make me happy. After owning the car for a few weeks now and driving through some really nasty weather I now believe the hype. This car is a rock star in snow. Aside from that is handles well for a car it's size and it's ride quality is very high with very little road noise. The car is not fast by any means. Lowest marks will be for stand still acceleration but aside from that I have no complaints since I wasn't expecting much there to begin with and it is decent for on-ramp, merging and passing speed. All in all a great value vehicle for those looking for a high quality, high value car.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2011 Subaru Legacy

Editor's note: This review was written in July 2009 about the 2010 Subaru Legacy. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The Subaru Legacy has been redesigned for 2010 and now boasts a bigger backseat and improved gas mileage, with the same nimble steering the 2009 model had. Snowbelt drivers will appreciate its standard all-wheel drive, which few competitors offer.

Among midsize family sedans, the Legacy is a jack of all trades. In trying to do everything, though, it doesn't master very much. The Legacy doesn't feel as high-rent as some of its competitors — particularly the... Read More