2014 Legacy

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great car

by car buyer because I have to from Harrisburg, PA on April 11, 2014

I am not a car fan. I purchase cars to get me from point a to point b and back. Every car I own I expect to get at least 200,000 miles before I purchase another. I purchased the 2014 Subaru Legacy in November. Since then I have driven 10,000 miles and LOVE this car. It handles wonderfully, goes great in the snow and gets good gas mileage. My one and only complaint is that I can't seem to find the sweet spot for the heat. I am either hot or cold, can't find the perfect setting. Love the heated seats! It handles like a dream. During our long cold, snowy winter we drove this nearly every day and had no problems. The only drawback I could see is it does sit low so if the snow is high, you could be pushing snow. But I have a 4 wheel drive truck fro that. I wanted this for when the back country roads I drive every day are plowed but still snow covered. It does great. All in all I am very happy with this car. The CVT really helps with the gas mileage.

9.5/10

by CTS from Wisconsin on December 6, 2015

This is a fantastic car. The exterior and interior styling is awesome. However, I agree with what other said - there are lot of squeaks, clicking, rattling, etc... inside the vehicle. You can counteract that by buying the Limited like I did. Crank that Harmon and Kardon and you'll never even hear it ;)

Good Car

by George from Terre Haute, IN on October 6, 2015

Great road feel and very responsive. My wife loves it and the AWD gives her a sense of security in winter.

Great car for the money

by Rumble 12 from Schenectady New York on August 12, 2014

I recently traded my 2010 legacy with 97,000 miles and the 3.6 for a 2014 limited 4cylinder . I found a 2014 with 5500 miles at a fabulous price and decided to go take a look . They gave me a fabulous trade so I grabbed it . I loved my 2010 , never had an issue , but must say the 2014 is just as good in every way . The cvt does take a little getting used to , it has slightly less performance than what I was used to , but the tradeoff for the mileage im getting is well worth it ( getting mid 30s on the highway and high 20's in the city ) . I havent missed the 3.6 like I thought I might . I know the Subie will be fabulous in the winter and these cars hold their value like few other . You can spend more , but Im not sure why you would . Now that the 2015s are out , you should be able to pick up a 2014 leftover or used for a steal .

Subaru Always Get You Through

by Love my subaru from Bethel, Connecticut on May 18, 2014

Extremely happy with the Subaru legacy ...4th Subaru I have owned. I have never gotten stuck in the snow ... it has always gotten me home even in the worst conditions. Very comfortable car ... love the heated seats and the sun roof!!!

Very Nice

by Bigredone from Stoughton on January 26, 2014

This is the best value auto you can buy. Our Legacy has AWD and is great in the snow. The car is very roomy and can fit my 6'2" , 275lb frame with no problem front and back. The Legacy's exterior is nice. The interior could be spiced up a bit but is very functional. Pick up and go for a 4 cyl. engine is unbelievable fantastic! As someone who would not have looked at Subaru a year ago, I'm hooked. Compare this car to others for yourself. Dollar for Dollar you can't beat a Subaru. SUBARU, no longer just for hippies.

Great for handicapped.

by keith from Tennessee on February 20, 2014

I'm not going to repeat what all the other reviewers have said. I find the car totally adequate with only a few minor things that I think could be improved. The reason we bought the car was that my wife is having mobility issues, mainly due to decreased range of motion in her knees and ankles. The Legacy has larger doors and they hinge a little further forward. This allows my wife easy access to get in and out of the vehicle. She could not get in and out of many of its competitors at all and with a lot of difficulty with the rest. I do find the seats less comfortable than I would like, the lumbar support is located a little too high up in the seat so I have to minimize it. For long trips, I will have to use my own lumbar support. The stylish areo looking sill (rocker panel) does make entry and egress a little more difficult, too bad as a normal rocker panel would be a plus to us. The bluetooth won't sync up with my old flip phone, my flip phone doesn't have a way to enter a security code that the Subaru bluetooth requires. I have installed an iPod as the radio stations just don't play the music us geezers like any more. Overall, we love the Subaru. I would like to see a few tweeks though.

Great looking car.

by CPH from Milford PA on October 20, 2014

Great looking car. Feels good on the road. Love the AWD. Love the seat warmer on both seats. Love everything about the car. Got the CAR as a leftover 2014 with 12K miles on it. It is brand new to me. The deal was priced to sell. Mike Neal sold me the car. God Guy. Along with his sales Manager Dave Sobel. Karen who works in the Title Department and deals with the money is also very nice and helpful. Will go back to Johnstons Subaru for keeping the car up and running. Would also go back to and recommend Johnstons Subaru off of Ex 3 Route 84 in Middletown NY.

My Legacy is three years old, still like new.

by Jedsouth from Oxford AL on March 14, 2017

The only issue I have is that on long trips, it use some oil. Other than that, it is the perfect eye catcher.

Dependability, Comfort & Value

by Reformed Performance Guy from Baltimore, MD on January 19, 2014

I had a 2011 Legacy and I liked it so much I just got a 2014. It's the same basic car but I got a slightly nicer accessory package this time including back-up camera, bluetooth and USB input. The Legacy compares in price, size and ride to the Camry or Accord BUT with standard all-wheel drive. That's a big feature for my money. The ride is quiet and smooth and the standard 4-cylindar has sufficient power. It rides 5 passengers comfortably so it's great for my carpool duties. In the three years I had the last one the only times I saw a mechanic was for routine maintenance. Testers rate it highly for reliability and my experience bears that out.

1 2 3 4