2015 Legacy

4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

2015 Legacy Limited: Mostly good

by New to Suburu from The North Carolina Triangle on January 2, 2016

Taking the plunge into Subaru was a leap of faith for this long-time Camry owner, so I test drove several other vehicles to fortify myself. I bought a 2015 Legacy Limited in June. ... ### 6-Month report: As promised, I'm submitting an updated report now that I have a better grasp of the Legacy Limited's strong and weak points. The strong points are its mechanics: The all-wheel drive, the "boxer" engine's low center of gravity, and the road-hugging 18-inch wheels give me more confidence in bad weather than I had with my old Camry. Also strong is the build quality. The only problem is a badly-designed gas cap release mechanism which has brought my Legacy to the shop three times so far. They now say they have a completely new system for that, and mine's been ordered (everything's under warranty). . In my previous review, I said I noticed a slight knocking. That was just the passenger's seatbelt buckle knocking around; my bad. . No fit issues of any kind with car, everything seems to be put together well. The seats are comfortable, especially the leather seats of the Limited--this was the only reason I upgraded from the Premium trim level. Visibility is excellent in all directions, EXCEPT for the part of the windshield blocked by the optional Eyesight system. . Favorite features: Leather seats (though I still think they could improve the position of the headrest), stability control and the back-up camera. . I have the rear-facing radar which gives cross-traffic alerts and puts an indicator on the outside mirrors if someone is in your blind spot. This system is okay, but it would have been better to put the indicator on the dashboard, where it won't be subject to light glare or rain. . Least favorite features: The advanced electronics, for sure. The audio system is good enough (sounds the same as my old Camry as far as my old ears can tell, but with greater radio sensitivity--it picks up more stations). But this is supposed to be the top of the line Harmon-Kardan system, and I don't notice that difference. A Youtube video on another Subaru model concluded that there wasn't much of a difference either between the HK system and the standard audio system. . Like other built-in navigation systems, the Legacy's is lame. Yes, they tried to do some touches on it, but on the whole it's nothing special. My pet peeve is that Suburu wants me to subscribe to one of their services to get traffic info, which is essential for driving. I got traffic info for free in my 7-year-old Garmin GPS, which also had a much nicer interface. My choice is to pay the subscription or just run into countless traffic jams. . The multimedia and nav system has its own 288-page user's manual for its many functions which I haven't used; I don't even own a smart phone. I really miss the radio channel buttons on every other car I've owned. Menu systems aren't very easy to operate if you're driving too. In fairness to Subaru, I've test driven new cars with audio and nav systems that are far worse, so I'd say that the Subaru system is probably better than most others out there now. . Moving on to the Eyesight system...this was the biggest disappointment of all. It's an expensive option, and I had high hopes for it. But it turns out to be very distracting, especially the lane departure warnings which come on all the time. You can press a button for three seconds to disable these, but you have to press the button every time you drive. The climate control system is quirky, and I still haven't formed a judgment of it yet. It seems that the A/C is somewhat underpowered, however. (I asked whether this was a malfunction, but was told it was normal.) . A big change is the suspension. The Legacy has a "sporty" type feel, which I haven't gotten used to yet. I do miss the softer Camry's ride, in all honesty. . I've given the Legacy Limited 4 stars rather than 5 because of my disappointment in the advanced electronics. If I had had stuck to the Premium trim level, I might have been a

2015 Legacy. The only review you need to read.

by Gibbs from Minneapolis MN on November 4, 2014

Probably like a lot of you, I did my fair amount of research on the new Legacy to gather every angle possible before signing my name on the line. We bought the 2015 Legacy Limited in white with tan interior equipped with the 4cyl and just about every option possible excluding the auto dimming side mirrors. So after owning the car for a few months and logging in over 3,000 miles I have come to realize that there are facts and myths about the car. ***Myths*** Excessive wind noise: The only time I've noticed wind noise is while drive down the highway and getting hit with a strong side gust of wind, otherwise quite as can be. The CVT kills the car: The Fact is this transmission is great, best CVT I've ever driven, don't knock it until you try it. In fact you probably wouldn't even know if someone didn't tell you. The benefit is very smooth acceleration. ***Facts*** Luxury: The quality of materials is top notch. Eye Sight: Very impressed with the system, the adaptive cruise control is worth it alone. 4 cylinder motor: I couldn't be anymore impressed with the power and accelerating. I've yet to wish we had the 6cyl. Passing isn't a problem. **Disappointments** There is a few items I need to nitpick.. The seat heaters take forever.... to warm up! The voice assistance is slow to respond and feel its very limited with commands. I hope they update this. Even with the Harmon Kardon stereo you are limited to only adjusting the treble, mid and bass, with no predefined EQ setups. The bass is so profound caution needs to be taken when playing any type of Hip Hopish music. No automatic door locks when car starts driving.. Figured this would be a standard thing now days. **Overall** The driving dynamics are excellent, and I've been overall very pleased. MPG seems to be as advertised. During a road trip doing 80 mph with a hilly road with strong side gust of wind I was only getting around 32-33mpg. Later when driving on country roads doing 60mph I was averaging 41 mpg.

Disappointed with 2015 Subaru Legacy 3.6

by Performance from PA on June 1, 2016

OK here is my verdict on 2015 3.6 Legacy (On a three year lease) Pros: ? Drive traction ? Safety features Cons: ? All six cylinders do fire all of the time, 4 cylinders run until almost red lining. ? Interior rattling noise everywhere. Areas in which you can?t reach to try fix yourself. ? Technology- Radio, Nav, etc. The touch screen does not always respond to touch, you have to hit the section a few times for it except the command. ? The seats have no comfort at all, hard and low quality leather. ? I?ve been back 4 times for 3 different recalls. I understand this is low to mid 30K car but come on, how much profit does Subaru really need to make. My wife and I can?t wait for the lease to be over! Once a Subaru admirer.

Does not recommend this car!!

Comfortable and quiet ride!

by subie15 from Boston on May 1, 2015

I have had the legacy for 2 weeks already and I love it. I test drove all of the mid-size category and subaru was the only car that stood out. The ride is the most comfortable in the class with plush interior seats and added comfort on the door handles and arm rest. Most of the other Japanese cars have hard interiors and cheap materials. This car does not.The handling is great and there is limited road noise in the cabin. Also this car is smooth over potholes and other road bumps. I ended up getting the 2.5i base model because it had everything I wanted: HD radio, Bluetooth, Pandora app, backup camera. This is great to have for a base model! The radio on the base model is great even with the 4 speakers instead of 6 on the more expensive models. This is such a great value considering it has all wheel drive! I havent tried it in the snow but I look forward to seeing how it handles. Only con's for me on the car is the trunk is heavy and doesn't pop all the way up which can be tough if you have a lot of groceries. Also the car starts up pretty loud but I don't know if that is just because it is new. This is not the fastest car but it does keep up on the highway. However these are no way deal breakers for me! Great comfort, quiet ride, plenty of room, and a great value. I am a happy customer!

2015 Legacy

by experienced driver from Tacoma, WA on November 20, 2015

Overall it's fine but: NOISY engine, not just at start-up but all the time, no auto door lock, no door edge protectors available (Honda and Toyota make and sell them for their cars). Comfortable, good visibility, mileage is OK.

The Queen's Inheritance

by Legacy Lover from Grants Pass, Oregon on August 23, 2014

This car is absolutely the most enjoyable, exciting, comfortable, well engineered and best looking car on the road. I have had five Subarus, two of which have been Legacys. There are no words to explain how much I love this car. I feel well protected being surrounded by the Legacy whether on the freeway, city streets, hills or mountains. I ask her to do whatever and she responds. Fantastic vehicle.

2015 Legacy 2.5 Premium

by New2Subaru from West Virginia on July 16, 2015

If half-stars were possible, I'd give this a 4.5 overall. This is the first Subaru I've owned, and I'm very impressed so far. Pros: both the exterior and interior are nicely styled, with the interior being a significant upgrade over the prior generation. The AWD has been great in the very wet weather we've had (It's July, so no snow experience yet). Plenty of room, plenty of storage. Trunk is a good size. Infotainment center has lots of options and features, and is fairly easy to use. The gas mileage has been very good (roughly 30-31 mpg combined city/highway). Ride is comfortable, but not luxury-car level. Cons: I'd probably prefer the 3.6R in terms of power. The 2.5 is adequate but won't blow you away. The accelerator hesitates a split second before catching, especially when shifting from reverse to drive. Overall, a very good car for the money.

First new car ever.

by Wow from Grand Rapids, MN on September 21, 2014

The dealership was wonderful to work with. Answered all our questions, test drive, and financing. Very happy with the car. Lots of electronic featured that needed to be experienced. Especially like the backing out display.

My first brand new car

by New Subaru Fan! from Quebec, CA on September 30, 2014

Great interior! The 2.5 engine work perfectly with the CVT. The look is awesome. Really happy for my first new car.

I bought this vehicle and Love it!!!

by Marcia from Oswego, New York on August 23, 2014

After many hours of research I decided on this vehicle and now after driving it I am so glad I bought it. I went to Romano Subaru in Syracuse NY and my experience was very professional but personal at the same time. It all started with their on line Elizabeth down to walking in and being treated very well. Our salesperson Ben was very knowledgeable and friendly. Hats off to Romano for just a good staff !!! I Love the way my car handles and the get up a go it has for a 4 cylinder . I am still learning new things about it since it is only a week old but loving it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9