2017 Legacy

2017 Subaru Legacy

2017 Subaru Legacy

Have You Driven the 2017 Subaru Legacy?

Great all around vehicle

by Car Guy Rob from Sparks, MD on Tue Aug 15 2017

This is my second review of this car since I bought it. I love this car. It's comfortable, quiet, and performs and handles well. It has good acceleration for a 4 cylinder (on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it an 8), but having all wheel drive and 30 mpg with mixed driving, I'm happy. If you want more oomph, get the six cylinder. This is my tenth Subaru, and I've always been amazed by the AWD performance. I look forward to winter, because the AWD system has been made even better.

Amazing safety features

by Subaru Steve from Utah on Tue Aug 15 2017

I drive 50 miles each way to work in eradic freeway traffic with many sudden stops. I choose the Subaru because of its Eyesight and other safety features. It took a few days to build up enough trust in the system to fully let it work. Now I set the variable cruise control at the speed limit and keep my feet off of both the gas and brake. It just works! It handles the freeway ebb and flow, including the sudden unexplained sudden traffic slowdowns and stops. The lane keeping features nudges if I drift near the lane edge of my lane. I appreciate the blind spot indicator on the side mirrors instead of the navigation display. The cross traffic backup warning works for both cars and people; a real help in the hectic parking lots on the military base where I work. There are many other "nice" features that make driving a joy.

Very reliable, fun car to drive!

by Jason D from Klamath falls on Mon May 22 2017

I have had 4 Subaru's over the years, my new Legacy is the best one yet! It's easy to drive, it's roomy and it is comfortable and quite. I'm not expecting it drive like a WRX ( Which I own one) im looking for a daily driver. And it does that with no problems, and get 27 mpg in the city and on road trips it's getting 42 mpg. Love it!

Another Subaru for our family

by WIscMike from Waukesha,Wi on Sun Mar 12 2017

Bought this Subaru Legacy Limited about 3 weeks ago. Love everything about it. It has the Eyesight package. The gps interface is clumsy but it l has some features I like with its maps but continue to use my Garmin. Fuel mileage and power with the 4 cylinder and cvt are fine. Visibilty, comfort and handling are fine. Nice amount of interior room. Ride on the 18 inch tires is firm but not punishing. Like the Eyesight and associated tech. Seems to work well in my car and my wifes 2017 Outback 3.6R which convinced me to buy the package.

An excellent vehicle

by James Herald from Florida on Tue Sep 12 2017

The 2017 subaru legacy 2.5 i is an excellent drive. The engine is nice and powerful thus allowing you to take off smoothly and quickly from a stop. The vehicle supports transmission supports manumatic driving which can be quite enjoyable. The shift paddles are positioned nicely to move with the wheel thus allowing for easy shifting even during a turn. I somewhat dislike the wood paneling on the interior of the doors. The steering wheel based controls are excellently positioned for easy control of cruise control, hands free phone, and radio control. The lane assist works excellently and will steer you back in automatically. The auto adjusting cruise control excellently maintains the number of car lengths you set between yourself and the car ahead of you. My favorite part of the above features is that they can be turned off for the enthusiastic driver. Overall I quite like the Subaru Legacy and would highly recomend it.

Our Third Subaru

by Golf Rules Official from Green Valley, Arizona on Tue Apr 25 2017

This is our third Subaru, but the first Legacy. We replaced our Forester with a new Legacy and love the car. It is a great road car and we take long trips. And the average lifetime mileage to date, after 2, 100 miles and a mix of local a highway driving, is 32+ mpg. We have the 4 cylinder engine and find it to be plenty adequate for our driving. The Eyesight safety system is awesome!

Great saftey features, size and comfort

by JR&Nat from Jax on Mon Apr 03 2017

I love the features that come with the basic model. I'm happy to have a safe affordable car with so many features.

Awesome!

by MiddaHB from Charleston, WV on Tue Jun 25 2019

I’ve only had it one week so I don’t want to review the car yet however I absolutely love everything about this car so far. Only thing I could complain about is it doesn’t have GPS.

Lease

by Js from Lafayette IN on Wed Apr 26 2017

Great vehicle . Love it so far has many features for price and love the AWD and steering . Would recommend this vehicle to anyone. Great value for the money

This is my second legacy!

by Pm... legacy fan from Mo on Fri Apr 14 2017

Drove my first legacy for. 12 years and now my son has it. Hoping this one performs as well! In total this is my third Subaru and all have required just routine maintenances .

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13

Our Take on the 2017 Subaru Legacy

The verdict:

When life's hamster wheel of school drop-offs, long work days and endless grocery runs is at full velocity, I forget what I'm driving. The 2016 Subaru Legacy only deepens that rut; while it's practical and safe, it's also charmless and forgettable.

Versus the competition:

Like its middle-of-the-road placement in Cars.com's 2016 Midsize Sedan Challenge, the Legacy is midpack among the more refined Chevrolet Malibu and more spirited Kia Optima, though its road manners are more pleasant than other competitors, like the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry. Compare them all here

Editor’s note: This review was written in June 2016 about the 2016 Subaru Legacy. For 2017, Subaru added two new features to its optional EyeSight safety system: rear automatic braking and automatic high-beam headlights. A new trim level, the Legacy Sport, is also available this year. Little else of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2017, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The Legacy was redesigned for 2015, so changes for 2016 are minor. The steering system was revised and lane departure prevention was added to the available EyeSight safety system. Compare 2015 and 2016 models here.

Exterior & Styling