2001 Subaru Outback consumer reviews

$18,195–$18,995 MSRP range
side view of 2001 Outback Subaru
Explore the 2001 Subaru Outback

One of many

Love is driving a car and feeling like you are truley driving it. If you feel like you are just being moved by body then you are not really driving a car. You have to feel the acceleration and the crves and hills. I have towed this car all across the lower 48 and driven it back. I am over 280,000 and have lived in it for weeks at a time. I transport Trucks around the country and tow this behind. Then use it to go to the next truck or motorhome. Weather has never been a problem. Great Fuel Mileage and comfortable at any speed.

4.4

You can't go wrong with a Subaru - Outbacks rule!

This car is so reliable and in great shape even at 19 years old. Fun to drive and handles the Bay Area hills like a champ. My last Subaru lasted 300K miles, and I fully expect similar longevity from this Outback. There is so much cargo space - I totally see how some people use these cars for extended camper travel!

Very reliable car

I bought my outback in January 2001. It is 18 1/2 years old!! And well maintained. Looks and runs beautifully. It has taken us on many vacations thru the years!!!

4.3

You can beat subaru engine, you couldn't kill it

This car is simple and i can fix most of it by myself, it is not hard at all. If you don't know something, you can find easily on youtube.

4.1

very dependable great runner

this car will make a great run about ride for anyone willing to queric it . runs good even though it needs some TLC. i recommend it to anyone who loves Subarus.

4.0

Pretty reliable car

This car met all of my needs and was a very good value for it's purchase price. The interior is roomy and the car is very safe.

4.0

Bought when baby was new, now he will drive it

The Outback has been a great family car, very reliable for daily driving as well as camping and road trips. It's been going for 16 years now and we are planning for our kids to learn to drive on it. NB however, it DID suffer from the dreaded head gasket issue that plagued these model years, and has had redone heads, a rebuilt transmission and sundry other problems now that it has over 130K miles on it.

Very reliable car

This car is great if you are the kind of person that travels often. Very reliable on the snow, rain and different situations on the road. Auto parts are not very expensive, but affordable. I feel that it works better for someone who has kids.

4.3

work horse

Love this car. Use it for everything; commuting for work, camping, around town, moving tons of stuff!

I LOVE MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!

ERIC WENDT WAS MY SALESMEN HE WAS EXCEPTIONAL IN EVERY WAY. HE TOOK CARE OF ME THROUGH THE WHOLE PROCESS. MAY ME FEEL LIKE I WAS PART OF THE DELLENBACH FAMILY. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND DELLENBACH TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY. THANK TO THE WHOLE TEAM AT DELLENBACH THAT MADE IT HAPPEN .