Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2011 Tribeca

2011 Subaru Tribeca

2011 Subaru Tribeca

4.5

5 out of 5 stars Reliability
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2011 Subaru Tribeca?

So pleased with purchase

by Risky from Cleveland, Ohio on Mon Feb 21 2011

I bought this car for my wife as a 20 year anniversary present - just LOVES it. Best CXSUV in class. We needed OCCASIONAL 7 seats and retired from Minivans. This car is rock solid, great in bad weather, fit & feel like much more expensive cars.

The greatest car i've owened

by Zhenka666 from Queens, NY on Sun Mar 20 2011

Bought the car around 4 months ago. The car is actually better than I expected. I got around 16 mpg in the city and around 24-25 mpg on the hwy whenever there is no traffic. AWD came very handy this winter when we got hit with alot of snow. Can drove like there wasn't any snow:) I think that people under appreciate tribeca and if they give it a chance they'll be very supriced. In my book it's not any worce than Acura MDX or Honda Pilot. Buy it you wont be sorry.

2nd Subaru

by Subaru Addict from Savannah, Ga on Sat Jun 25 2011

Purchased our Tribeca one week ago with only 5 miles on it. We already own a 2010 Legacy and have been very pleased with the performance, reliability and fuel efficiency of the Legacy. Had a trip planned to Atlanta from Savannah for the following week so we decided this would be a good time to test the Tribeca. The performance and handling of the Tribeca is top notch and easily compare to any other high end SUV. The only complaint I have thus far is with the lack of fuel efficiency. From Savannah to Atlanta I got 18 MPG and the return trip averaged 20 MPG. Overall the trip was 17 MPG including the stop and go in Atlanta. I got spoiled with the performance, reliability and fuel efficiency of the Legacy and expected the same from the Tribeca. I am sure Subaru is already looking into squeezing a few more MPG out of the Tribeca, just wish they would have done it for the 2011 models. The performance and handling of the Tribeca far outweigh the 4 or 5 MPG you will save in gas on comparable models, plus this is a proven AWD vehicle and you will definitely appreciate it when you have to make a U-turn during a thunderstorm because you GPS cannot get a signal.

Eats Gas

by Subaru Buyer from Indialantic, Florida on Wed Mar 07 2012

I have a 2007 and I had to comment. It is a total gas eater and only takes premium. I like it and it is a pretty car, but, the leather seats were replaced 3 times in the front as the leather wears off. i weigh about 140 and I am a woman and I keep i very clean. poor quality leather. I might get 12 miles to the gallon and I would love to sell it. I have 48,300 miles on this thing and not sure if I would ever get my money out of it. Thankfully I only drive about 10 miles about 5 days a week.

Our Take on the 2011 Subaru Tribeca

Subaru is on a roll, with recent redesigns of the Forester, Outback and Legacy earning recognition from Cars.com editors and consumers alike for their value and how competitive they are within their segments. Another all-new Subaru — the 36-mpg 2012 Impreza — will debut this summer, leaving one Subaru that seems to have been forgotten: the seven-seat Tribeca crossover SUV.

The 2011 Subaru Tribeca shines when it comes to ride quality and safety ratings, but its smaller size and outdated interior hold it back compared with three-row crossover rivals.

In fact, the Tribeca doesn't seem to be quite the value other Subarus are. Tribecas come in base Premium, midlevel Limited and... Read More