Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2015 WRX

2015 Subaru WRX

2015 Subaru WRX

Have You Driven the 2015 Subaru WRX?

Excellent Choice

by Vulcan-Hawk from NC on Wed Aug 19 2015

I have had this car for a lttile over a year now. No issues to report, no problems except a stubblorn gas lid door (fixed under warrenty). The car corners like it has spikes. It can actually seat 4 American sized adults and has an easy to use trunk. You can actually see out of this car (a scarce trait today) Bang-for-buck there is little or no competition. MPG per performance - again very strong. 0-60mpg in 5 sec and get 32+MPG highway ? amazing. Ride can be a bit harsh with passengers, and its not a quiet car. But it rips. Start doing some gentle modifications and the car comes alive even more, while remaining reliable and efficient. If you think you want one - you do.

Great, Fun Car!

by subienewbie from Houston, TX on Mon Sep 01 2014

Coming out of a 2012 Mustang GT, I miss the brute horse power but nothing else. This car is fun, comfortable, and cornering grip that is on par with with my previous Boxter’ After owning Porsche, multiple BMWs, multiple Alfas, multiple Z cars, multiple RX7s (including the wonderful twin turbo classic, Beck Spyder, (etc) this car is great! Being a former Kart racer and overall speed enthusiast, this is a racing kart with power windows and AC’I guess I really like it a lot...

A great AWD sports sedan

by minnwrxowner from Duluth, Minnesota on Wed Oct 07 2015

I have had a 2015 WRX (base model, 6-speed manual) for almost a year, and it has been trouble-free. Acceleration, steering, cornering, and grip are all oustanding. The car is a blast to drive. Since the car comes with summer performance tires, you will need snow tires November through April if you live where winters can be fierce. The seats, driving position, and visibility are all top-notch. If you like driving for its own sake, and love feeling engaged with your car and the road, this is the car for you. Pictures don't do this car justice. You have to see one in person from all angles. If you get a beautiful color, it is one fine-looking car indeed.

Excellent Car!

by Torque of Grand Prix from Long Island, NY on Fri Dec 19 2014

Read the previous 7 reviews which were really helpful in pumping me up for my factory order. Every review here lived up to it's value! Got in day one and was extremely impressed! I've drove this as my second brand new car & a line of manual cars and I have to say this was a major upgrade! Very pleased with the performance of it as you get to 2K-2K & a half RPMs you really get that turbo kick! It has exceptional traction on the road as you cut for turns. The exterior styling of it was one I fell in love with and presents such muscularity. It was a no brainer replacement from my last. The value for the money was so on key! The price tag on this car is so priced well when you compare it against it's other competitor car peers with the exact same power for a fraction of the pricing, it's just amazing! Simply put, I LOVE THIS CAR A LOT!!!

Yup!

by Zirp from Boston, >A on Tue Jun 02 2015

This is my first brand new car I have ever purchased. A WRX has always been a dream car to me, and the 2015 really does the job for me. The twin scroll turbo is amazing, along with the whole new concept of this engine alone. The handling is unreal, taking exits and cornering with an add of boost is a thrill. I think this is the first time that I will actually say, "I can't wait for it to snow."

Great daily commuter

by NMK from Woodbridge, VA on Fri Aug 03 2018

Appreciate the redesign for the 2015 year and enjoy the car overall. It's a fantastic daily commuter that provides the basic comforts of modern cars, while getting you from A to B relatively faster than your fellow commuters. It's agile and versatile in all weather, giving me the confidence to brave whatever odd weather conditions I encounter. The AWD system is one of the best in the industry. Every mechanic I encounter says these cars last forever regardless of what you throw at it and it seems to be holding up pretty well for the last 3 years I've had it. Great features--it has 8 cup holders. I will use about 4-5 just for myself (yes, i know) so Subie added more for me in mind. For a sport sedan, the rear legroom is pretty spacious--ive had two over 6" guys fit in the back no problem. Trunk space is impressive. You can customize this car so many different ways. I've never seen two alike WRX's/STI's. Recommendations to Subaru: improve the cheap plastics and main screen. I feel like I'm in the 80's version of Tron sometimes---this is your car with a cult-following, impress us! Recommendations to new owners: (1)if you can't do the oil change yourself, make sure you take the car to a reputable shop or directly to a Subaru dealer. Subaru's are notoriously sensitive--once had a mechanic overfill the oil tank and put a slightly off brand filter on the WRX and it FREAKED OUT. Within a day the car's dash lights were screaming and flashing like it was about to explode. My cruise control and drive mode options were disabled, and the car wanted to turn itself off if I went up a steep hill. Just take it to the dealer--they charge about the same as most the other shops I've tried. (2) Don't skimp on tires and get those regular alignments. I do drive more than the typical commuter; but these cars are hard on tires.

Vaguely familiar

by Scorpion from efingham,IL on Mon Nov 10 2014

I have had a number of great cars. I even owned a sunbeam alpine. I had a 3 convertible and I always get stick. There is something vaguely familiar about the way this car handles. Almost like a go-cart. Its not cheap, or uncomfortable, but the connection to the road is like a "short vet". I had a corvair monza with dual webers, a coupe and it took the on off ramps kinda like this car. I hope to keep this for a long time. I wish they made a convertible.

Very fun car to own and drive

by Joe from Chicago IL on Fri May 16 2014

I received one of the first 2015 WRX's and began driving it in late April. I have to say that I am 100% satisfied with the car even though I was only able to sit in it at the Chicago auto show and did not get to do a test drive. From the start of the car with a great exhaust growl, the instruments are complete and useful, the seats are very tight and supportive, I am averaging 27.5mpg combined city and highway and will get 34mpg on an average highway drive at 70mph. The integration of bluetooth to my phone for navigation, music and phone calls is well coordinated and works perfectly. I did the speaker and subwoofer upgrade and am very glad I did, nice sound at all volumes. I have not been able to hit a good winding road yet but in the little bit of tight turning i have done, the car is on a rail. Highly recommended.

great car

by bobsyeruncle from california on Mon Jun 23 2014

coming from a pair of powerful but unreliable BMWs I went with a 2015 WRX 6 speed. handles more crisply, more connected to the road, sharp steering, great pop. Strongly recommend any enthusiasts to give one a test drive.

To WRX or not to WRX

by Tucson Dave from Tucson Az on Wed Apr 05 2017

Finding a sub $30k car that runs and handles like cars costing 2x as much is no easy feat. Before 2015, the WRX was the redheaded step child to the more costly STI. However, when they added a 6 Spd. Transmission and interior upgrades it was able to hold its own while coming in $15k cheaper. Very easy to drive and even easier on the wallet to maintain, the Wrx is a bargain. Fun factor is high rowing through the gears. 21+ mpg and great acceleration and braking completes the package. Comfortable seats, nice electronics and a quiet interior are bonuses. The draw is its nimbleness and sporty acceleration. Champagne taste on a beer budget, sports car speaking. 4 doors and 5 seats? Looking for a fun, quick, sporty commuter/toy? Then the WRX maybe for you.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2015 Subaru WRX

The 2015 Subaru WRX remains one of the quickest all-wheel-drive vehicles you can buy for less than $30,000, but automatic-transmission shoppers will have to settle for a disappointing new CVT.

Redesigned for 2015, the Subaru WRX catches up to the fourth-gen Impreza on which it's (finally) based. The current Impreza went on sale in October 2011; its turbocharged sibling remained based on the prior generation for three model years, so a redesign has been a long time coming. The WRX comes in base, Premium and Limited trims, and all-wheel drive is standard. We tested a Limited with the optional continuously variable transmission, an automatic that's new for 2015. The WRX also offers... Read More