2018 WRX

2018 Subaru WRX

2018 Subaru WRX

Have you driven the 2018 Subaru WRX?

Best car ever!!!!!

by GIJosie from Highlands Ranch, CO on December 30, 2017

I love the WRX. Super speedy. The new WRX engine doesn't have turbo lag and I love it. This is my 2nd WRX. Never had any problems with the first one that I had for 5 years.

Best awd sports car to ever own period

by Wrxfan from McKinney, Texas on October 2, 2017

This vehicle has a stylish sport look too it with a sport performance and luxury feel on the inside. Not only is it extremely safe but it's great on gas and just a fun car to drive. Definatly no disappointments with the new 2018

my 3rd WRX

by viper v10 from st louis, MO on May 15, 2018

the inside dimensions are roomier than my focus, which is about the same size bumper to bumper. it feels safe in all conditions, & is fun to drive in all conditions. I also own a dodge viper, & i would say the WRX is just as much fun to drive, be cause unlike the viper, the WRX is easy to drive & makes you feel like you have control of the vehicle all the time. I will keep buying new WRXs as long as subaru keeps offering the manual transmission. you get the enjoyment of a racecar & the practicality of a compact commuter. our 2 kids love the car & it has plenty of room for the occasional vacation road trip when the roof rack is installed.

2018 Subaru WRX Premium model

by Macro88 from Bayside, NY on January 4, 2018

Purchase this and exchanged my old 2004 Subaru 2.5 RS as part of the package deal. Super quick and roomy and can fit a 6' 4" passenger with no problems. Great handling with quick acceleration. Drive confidently with the AWD.

Fun and Quick

by Brandon Bolach from Poulsbo, WA on July 14, 2018

#savethemanuals This car is extremely unique and there isn't really anything else out there like it. I get about 27MPG between a little city and a lot of highway driving. Once that Turbo kicks in this car will move. I haven't gotten used to the hill start assist as I prefer my vehicles to roll back when I'm on a hill. The clutch is not as difficult as you would think and the interior is good for the price you are paying. We went with the limited model with everything that Subaru could offer and I am confident that it will last. This car is about the driving experience though with the leather seats, sunroof, great speaker system and bluetooth connectivity it makes for a comfortable daily driver as well. I expect this car to be very reliable as long as we stay on top of the maintenance.

Most Reliable Car!

by Nikkki WRX from Phoenix, AZ on March 26, 2018

The car I owned before my WRX was declared a total loss following an accident. I wasn't initially looking for a different car as I had barely owned the previous one for two years. Once the decision came to it, I knew I needed a bigger car (as I owned a Chevy camaro prior) because I had started a family. The WRX gives me everything I need - 4 doors for my growing family, speed, a turbo engine, AWD, and everything else. I am extremely happy with my buy!

This is the car I've always wanted...

by Mike C from Matawan, NJ on July 30, 2017

I didn't realize until I drove the car, that this is everything i've ever wanted from a car. I love the way it looks, sounds, drives and feels. I have no complaints whatsoever!

So far so goo

by Panthers28 from Denver co on October 8, 2017

Clutch is a bit aggressive for a daily driver but the performance makes up for it. Gas mileage is better than expected and the 2018 is truly a blast to drive weather it's with the family or tearing through the mountains

best first car buying experience ever love my car

by doring123 from spanaway, washington on October 22, 2017

i love everything there is about the new 2018 subaru wrx that I purchased from the 7 inch touch screen to the leather and suede seats and especially the color of my vehicle

I love this car!

by Moo on November 13, 2017

I love my 2018 Subaru WRX Premium. I opted for the manual transmission. The shifting between 1st and 2nd gear took about a month to get used to. The performance is amazing. It feels like you are on rails going around turns. The rear seat had enough room for 2 grown adults and the trunk space is roomy for such a small sedan. The gas milage (using premium) is about 19 in the city and 25 on the highway. I am sure i could improve that, but I enjoy spirited driving. There is some rev hang that is noticable, but you get used to it. I had a 2012 Dodge Charger SXT and although this car is much smaller, it is way more fun to drive.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2018 Subaru WRX

The verdict:

The 2018 Subaru WRX has performance chops but could stand a trip to polishing school.

Versus the competition:

The WRX isn’t the most refined or sophisticated car, but it does have horsepower — a lot of it.

The 2018 Subaru WRX isn't an immediately likable compact sports sedan. It took me a few days of thrashing on a World Rally Blue Pearl WRX Premium to scale the car's learning curve, but once I started meshing with it, it was clear there are few cars in the $30,000 price range that combine no-drama acceleration and slot-car handling like the WRX.

For 2018, the Subaru WRX is mildly updated, with revised tuning to the suspension, power steering, manual transmission shifter and clutch. There's also a new Performance Package with upgraded brake rotors and more aggressive front seats. These changes take the WRX further away from its roots as the 2012 Subaru Impreza, which was a practical but... Read More