2007 SX4

2007 Suzuki SX4

$340 - $10,720  MSRP Range
2007 Suzuki SX4

4.4

Have You Driven the 2007 Suzuki SX4?

Solid vehicle

by Rick from Raleigh on Fri Apr 30 2010

I purchased my 2007 Suzuki SX4 hatchback from a dealer. The car had only 12k miles at the time. I now have 16k miles and at this point absolutely no complaints. One of the downfalls of the vehicle I had seen reviewed was that it was not a quiet ride. I have to disagree. In it's class it is much quieter than the Honda Fit and the Ford Escort, though the Nissan Versa is probably the most quiet of the four. The SX4 is very nimble, and while it only averages about 28mpg, it does have the benefit of on-the-fly all wheel drive when needed for mud or snowy conditions. No other vehicle in its class offers this. It handles well, though the turning radius isn't the best in class. The dash is well thought out for easy access to controls, with plenty of cupholders for the morning coffee carpool commute. From takeoff it's a mite sluggish for a 2.0 liter but that is due to the extra weight required of the all wheel drive; a sacrifice I was willing to accept. Once up to speed it has quick acceleration in the higher gears. There is plenty of head room for taller passengers as the vehicle was built with that in mind. The one drawback is that it could use a sixth gear. The five speed idles high and I find myself reaching for the shifter for just one more. Overall, I am very satisfied with the vehicle, particularly for the price. This is one of Suzuki's best offerings. I talked to several independent dealers and mechanics and all agreed you can't go wrong with this one. I was hesitant to venture from the Honda's I had always owned, but took a chance and am very pleased.

All good, except for the oil pump system

by Stu from Australia on Fri Feb 13 2015

Everything on this car is great. It's roomy, drives well, good handling, good fuel consumption, good stereo, good feel and driveability, reasonable performance (feels like it's being held back a bit, like the engine is a bit weak but capable of more). This week though, out of nowhere the bottom end is gone. Low oil. It's inbetween service but I figured out how stupid this oil pump setup is. It will give you no warning whatsoever and when the oil light comes on it's too late you're smashing up your bottom end conrod bearings. This is the SECOND motor I know about that has done EXACTLY the same thing, a major manufacturers fault. It seems to chew oil but doesn't blow smoke so as long as you regularly monitor your oil levels you'll have a great car.

little suv

by jut a driver from palmyra virginia on Sun Jun 05 2011

finanally someone gave this little boomer its proper due. great headroom , lots of room for legs. its just me and my wife so back seats havnt been sat on. we own 2 other cars, an infiniti 2011 g35 and a totota truck tundra 4wd 2008 and we bought this ltlle suzuki just to put our large dogs in the back to take them to the park etc. fold down seats put in thick paddinfg and its a dog palace, nice airflow to the back, rear windows go down halfway. perfect for dog riding lol gas tank could be bigger but where are these people who get 28 mph driving?? ours routinely gets 40 mph. great sound system and we bought the only burnt orange one ive ever seen for the 12,000 we paid , who cares. dealership was going out of business so we drove 120 miles to buy it and theres a dealer 12 miles from our house who wanted 16,000 for exact car( protection package, extended warranty blah blah blah 45 k and just change tires a small great car

More Reliable than a VW

by Brett likes the SX4 from Allentown, PA on Thu Nov 06 2008

I would recommend this car. I had owned a Honda Fit, but traded it in because the seats felt like folding chairs. Unlike the Fit, where every detail is an option. A lot of details are standard for the SX-4 AWD. SX-4 is more comfortable and has a good driving position. The weakness is the 5th gear is too short meaning the car at 65 mph is running at 3500 rpms. It feels like another up-shift is needed to save gas. The gas tank is small and there is an annoying 10 and 2 o'clock blindspot. However, you will not have VW electric gremlins such as window regulators dying out, odometers lights acting funny, mass air flow sensors going bad, and coil pack failure. After 15K miles, this Suzuki is good for me!

Boring, slow & stupid

by BR3026 from Pittsburgh, PA on Wed Aug 14 2013

My wife's car has become mine after we purchased her an A6. The car is uncomfortable for any drive over a half an hour and terrible in situations where there are wind gusts - you had better be paying attention. While it is less than sure-footed in serious wet conditions it is better than expected in the snow. This is more surprising given that the "all wheel drive" disengages at highway speeds. It is slow to obtain highway speeds when merging. A small fuel tank (10gal) combined with MPG similar to vehicle with twice the fuel capacity means you will get to become better friends with your local fuel station clerk. I will say that after 115K miles we have had no major failures. It's just so less than average.

Does not recommend this car!!

Nicest Car I've Ever Driven.

by Suzuki SX4 Fan from Rochester, New York on Tue Apr 10 2007

I bought my SX4 Sport(Auto Transmission) on March 23, 2007, and have had the best time with it since! After having driven "Gas Hogs" all these years the fact that my "break-In" milage is only 18 to 20 miles to the gallon, is not something I'm overly concerned about and is still a heck of alot better then what I've been getting in the past. Suffice to say, I'm having fun! The Car's quick, great to look at, comfortable, and has an interior much larger then would be expected. The perks are great too: cruise, AM/FM, 6 Disc CD controls on the steering wheel, fog lights, and Red/Hot Pink dash lights. Not to mention 9 speakers, AWD, and keyless entry. ( And I bought the car for the headroom, and AWD of all things!) Because I was asked to comment on "Reliability" and because only time will tell, I can only say one thing: Since I bought my car we've gone from Spring back to Winter and during those snowy crazy days, it's warmed up beautifully, is really easy to clean off and holds the roads nicely. With all these great things, there has to be a downside of course and I noticed it straight away: On a left tight curve of road, there's a bad blind spot on the left part of the windshield: The metal partition separating the main windshield from the smaller side triangle windshield hides on coming traffic on the turn: You have to bend forward to see around it. Since this is a new model this year - That's something Suzuki's going to have to work on. Altogether, though this car is amazingly fun to drive and own. Thanks Suzuki !!

21st century buckboard

by Buttersox from Bristol, CT on Tue Feb 02 2010

We purchased our SX4 as an alternative to vastly more expensive AWD choices and have been disappointed primarily in two regards: 1. Quality- we have had it back at the dealer on average every two months for everything from the gauge cluster going bonkers to the TPMS failing thrice. 2. Which exacerbates complaint two-the dealer. We have tried three, but none are Suzuki only stores so they work on (and stock parts for) primarily the Toyotas, for example, which they sell more of. Plus, except on the smoothest of highways, this short wheelbase car rides like an empty wagon on a dirt road. Should have spent the money on a used CRV or RAV4

Does not recommend this car!!

Great little car

by klove from Philadelphia on Fri May 13 2011

I purchased my Suzuki SX4 2007 three months ago and I just love driving it. I wasn't much of a driver until now. I am a small lady but not in this car. I sit up high enough.. better than the 2007 Honda Fit. The Suzuki actually feels more sturdy than the Honda Fit.

Fun and Sassy

by schmitty124 from KC, MO on Wed Mar 17 2010

I stumbled on this little gem of a vehicle by reading reviews. It is used, low mileage and obviously loved and cared for by it's previous owner. Friends thought it was brand new and all commented on its bright cobalt blue color. When other cars were sliding on ice and snow, it held its footing reliably and in rain, too. Power could be better. It stutters before kicking in. Gas mileage also isn't the greatest. Interior space could offer more storage. Other than that, it is a joy to drive and brings a smile to my face just looking at it. A lower cost alternative to a Subaru, which I have also had and admired, but prices went out of reach.

This Suzuki SX 4 should rule the road !

by Hooked on my Suzuki from Bowling Green, Ohio on Mon Apr 28 2008

This is my second Suzuki. My 2003 Aerio hatchback was my first introduction to Suzuki and in 4 years I owned it the only thing I put in that car was a new battery. My previous car which was a Honda Accord which was a nightmare! I'll Never own A Honda again! Suzuki is a fine motor company. This car is the cutest, peppiest, and easy to drive car. I live in a college town and as I am motoring around town I am constantly being asked by someone "what kind of car is that?" The SX4 hatchback is fabulous in snow and slippery conditions, as well. I have owned it for less than one year and I highly recommend it. My model is the manual transmission, ( I love a stick shift!) and I appreciate the great gas mileage. Two items I would suggest: A right armrest to fold down for the driver. And the front seat needs one more adjustment to make the back of the seat sit up a little straighter for short people such as myself. I solved this problem by purchasing a soft back support at my local auto parts store. Now I can sit up very straight in the seat. I truly love everything about this car. Suzuki's should rule the road as far as I'm concerned and I know I will be purchasing another Suzuki product in the future. Thanks Suzuki - You rock ! A very satisfied customer.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2007 Suzuki SX4

Suzuki is trying to grab a hefty slice of the compact car segment with its best entry to date, the SX4. The oddly shaped hatchback is the most affordable all-wheel-drive vehicle on the market, which helps reduce the initial shock of its $15,000 sticker price. After breaking down what the car actually delivers for the money, shoppers should be much more appreciative of Suzuki's little utility vehicle.

The nimble and utilitarian SX4 not only drives well compared to other cars like it, its interior is high-quality, the cabin is quiet and the seats are supportive. Now, if it could only get better gas mileage, it would win us over completely. Even so, I'm mighty impressed with this mini SUV wannabe.

Exterior