1994 4Runner

1994 Toyota 4Runner

$332 - $8,336  MSRP Range
1994 Toyota 4Runner

4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have you driven the 1994 Toyota 4Runner?

Most reliable, and safest, vehicle I've ever had

by More reliable than the Accord I had or the Maxima from Dallas, Texas (God's Country) on Sat Jan 18 2014

Bought it for my kid used in 2003. Meant to sell it, and got hooked on it. Repairs (if you can call them that): Replaced running boards when Wal-Mart bent mine while putting on new tires, they paid for it. Replaced battery. Someone stole (yes, stole, they didn't cut it off, they removed it) my catalytic converter a month ago--I guess a chop shop needed one like mine. That's it. I feel like I'm in a tank it feels so safe. Really, I thought I would hate it, and I turned out hooked on it. 156,000 miles, burns no oil, every single feature except the clock still works--and I mean every one of them.

Best SUV I've ever owned

by Lets Fish from southern California on Mon May 19 2014

Bought it used from a cousin. It had 75,000. She maintained it as well as you can expect a girl to. I took it to hades and back, Mx desert, arizona, up and down CA. The key is consistent maintenance. Check your oil, change it every 5k, filters, plugs, AND check your anti-freeze levels. Temp gauges measure fluids, so if fluid is low, it may not be measuring the true temp. I found out when I blew the head gasket at 200k. I replaced it with a remanufactured engine, and I'm back on the road now. Toughest SUV ever made. Wish it had better mileage and more range, though. The new 4rnrs are more comfort than dirt-ready.

Head gasket

by elspock from Hayward, CA on Thu Jan 09 2014

My SUV ran great only had 140,723 miles I has it serviced when needed and I never had a problem with the vehicle until the head gasket gave out and know I need new engine the cost $4500-9000 for a 20 year old vehicle that is worth only $2800 what do I do when this engines Achilles heel is the head gasket.

extemely happy and proud of this vehicle

by off road vehicle enthusiast and mechanic from on Tue Jul 06 2010

I have owned this truck for years and built it from the ground up and it has yet to disappoint me. I absolutely love this truckand recommend it to everyone i know.

loved it

by jen from on Wed May 12 2010

well after 7 years of driving a 4runner bought it 108000 miles sold it at 163000 its been real i had water pump replace ,head gasket leak but did not replace it , brake line two window regualtors and radiator normal wear as well and also i traded it in and had and alot of rot on bumper and side wheel wall but still keep going and the gas was not to good 50 for full tank but i will miss it and i have a honda crv not to impressed yet either i want my 4runner back ..

Our Take on the 1994 Toyota 4Runner

A phrenologist is one who reads the bumps on your noggin to determine whether your future holds wealth, fame, fortune or more lumps on the head.

Owners of the Toyota 4Runner are the phrenologist's best customer, or at least they should be based on the weak . . . er, week we spent banging the dome on the Japanese-built sport-utility vehicle.

In just seven days with the machine, we have enough dents and assorted bumps on the noggin to keep a dozen phrenologists employed.

The dimpled dome is a result of the 4Runner standing rather high off the pavement to allow ample clearance for those two or three times in any owner's lifetime when he or she navigates the machine off the... Read More