2006 4Runner

2006 Toyota 4Runner

2006 Toyota 4Runner

Have You Driven the 2006 Toyota 4Runner?

Oldie But Still A Goodie!

by 4Runner 4U from Brownsville, TX on Thu Jun 21 2012

I bought my 06 4Runner in Sept of 2010 and have had it for about a year and a half and have had ZERO problems with it. It's built as solid as a tank and it's my daily driver so I can honestly say it's got turn-the-key and go reliability. The only complaint would have to be that you just can't find these on dealer lots as they get snatched up quickly. If you're looking for a very reliable, roomy and stylish mid-size SUV you can't go wrong with a 2006 4Runner.

Used

by Another SVU from Pearl,MS on Mon Jan 18 2016

I just brought mine last week and yes it's used but for the price they where asking I couldn't say NO! I traded in my pick-up for it. Which by far was a lot better than I thought! When I got home I took my wife and son out for a spin and they both feel in love with it. They in joyed the ride. I use it to get back and forth to work and even though only having a short while I must say that it's GREAT!!!

This is my second 4Runner, and I'll Buy Another...

by Doc from Cherokee County, NC on Wed Jan 09 2008

The ONLY negative about a 4Runner is its 20 mpg gas mileage. It is nimble, quiet, accelerates nicely, has plenty of storage space and looks great. On those occasions when I take it offroad, it is up to the challenge. It is at its best on a winding, steep mountain road...

Toyota 4Runner: More than just a grocery getter

by Some_dude_who_drives_a_4Runner from Albany, GA on Sat Jun 16 2018

A little backstory here. I was driving a 2008 Ford Taurus (with nearly 200k miles on it) back and forth from school every day, roughly a 45 min trip one way for the last year when a head gasket blew and it eventually had to be retired. Being that I knew I couldn't afford a brand new vehicle and I didn't want to leave the wife and kid stranded at home sans vehicle, I needed a vehicle that met a few needs: (a) Reliable (b) Wallet-friendly (c) Decent fuel efficiency everything else was a convenience. Enter the 2006 Toyota 4Runner. I purchased a '06 SR5 with a V6 2WD (unfortunately they didn't have a 4WD that fit my budget) on 3/24/18 that had one owner and it had 178k on the clock. I took it to a mechanic and paid about $130 to get a used vehicle inspection (pricey I know, but the mom and pop mechanics in town were all booked and I drove from out of town...piss poor planning on my part, I know). Much to my relief, the only derogatory remarks were that the windshield had a small chip (which I'd identified already) and that cabin air filter needed to be replaced. So with a clean bill of health and the peace of mind that the previous owner took very good care of it (was able to pull up maintenance records from Toyota as well as check for outstanding safety recall issues), I headed back to the dealership to pull the trigger on the purchase. I've now (as of 6/15/18) owned it for almost 3 months. I live in a small town in SW Georgia. In addition to being my daily driver, I've also driven this thing up to Atlanta (roughly 3 to 4 hours away) as well as our most recent trip (1-4 June 2018) all the way up to the Arlington, VA/Washington D. C. area with absolutely zero issue whatsoever. The truck runs great. I spent all of $6 buying a new cabin air filter and changed the oil/rotated the tires earlier this month(6/8/18). Now, does it have some beauty marks here and there? Yeah, the truck is 12 years old and had almost 180k miles on it when I bought it. But mechanically, electrically and structurally, it's sound. How's she drive? As I'd mentioned I was lucky enough to get one that had one owner, and the previous owner took care of it. I drove it through town, back streets, the highway, got up to speed quickly, braked quickly, put her through her paces for a 12-year-old vehicle and there was no issue whatsoever. No pulling to one side or knocking/vibrations while on the road at different speeds. No road noise (if that matters to you), and the fuel efficiency isn't too bad. Granted, it's a body on frame SUV, so you're essentially driving a brick through the air at speeds of 55mph +. That being said, it was getting around 20.2 mpg on average when I first bought it, but after driving it almost daily these last couple of months I'm sitting at 20.9 mpg avg. Again, not bad for a 12-year-old vehicle. Space wise, it's got more than enough for an SUV of its size. If you want something with more space, look at a Highlander or Sequoia. Remember that Washington D.C. trip I'd mentioned? I fit myself, the wife, kid (in a car seat), sister-in-law and niece and everyone's crap (luggage, pillows, toiletries, coolers, etc) in there comfortably and drove for 13 hours with no issue regarding space or comfort. Despite being "turn the key and go" ready (seriously I'd drive this thing cross country), it does lack a few creature comforts, but keep in mind it is a 2006. The wife bought a headlight restoration kit which really cleaned up the head/fog lights, and recently we installed a Pioneer radio that has Bluetooth capability (great for hands-free) as well as a backup camera that connects to the radio's display. All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend grabbing one if you're in the market. Don't take my word for it. Go research the forums like I did. You can do more than just grab groceries and daily drive these things. As long as you maintain and service them regularly (oil change/tires, etc) you'll definitely get some longevity out of it. Seriously, it's not unheard of to see a 4Runner with 300+ thousand miles on it. For what it's worth, hope this review helped.

Awesome 4X4 on-road and off-road

by Atomic 4Runner from Oak Ridge, TN on Wed Jun 10 2009

After three years and 56k miles, I have had no problems at all. The V-8 engine has average 17.4 mpg for the life of the vehicle, which includes both city and highway driving, some off-road, and some trailering. It tows 1,500 lbs. with ease, AC is cold as the actic, and only problems have been battery replaced (at the 3 yr. anniversary). Highly recommended.

My First Toyota

by Robert from Rochester, NY on Sat Mar 10 2007

This is my first Toyota purchase. Had a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee and it had problems towing my boat. With the Toyota 4Runner I don't even know the boat is behind me. I have been sold on the Toyota name and my next vehicle will be another Toyota.

Great SUV !!!!! 2006 SR5

by Jaime from San Mateo CA on Thu May 14 2009

Very easy to park, great turning circle,exellent performance agresive looking,fit and finish and very comfortable SUV and you can take about any were you know TOYOTA IS TOYOTA!!!

The best vehicle I ever owned.

by MaritnFromNC from Burlington, NC on Tue Apr 14 2015

I purchased my 4runner Apr 2006 with only road test miles. I have over 120K miles on it. When you consider that beyond normal scheduled maintenance and break pad are part of that, but they did not need replacing until after 110K miles. I also had to repair the leader on the driver seat. This is one great reliable vehicle that after 9 years, I still look at my truck and smile because I am so happy with it and how still looks.

4-Runner One excellent vehicle

by Bill Hoar from Concord NH on Fri Jun 23 2006

What a pleasure the current Toyota 4-Runner is to own and drive. In addition to Lexus Like levels of comfort, quietness and refinement it is a true Truck based rugged SUV that will tackle steep mountain passes and trips down main street with equal competence. My wife and I are thrilled that we chose this 7 passenger SUV over the honda Pilot.

Awesome

by Jeff from Charlotte, NC on Tue Jul 18 2006

Just bought a new 4runner limited in May and it is the best vehicle I have ever driven. Great power, good handling and very comfortable inside. Also, I have been actually getting 22mpg which was on the high side of what the manufacturer predicted. All in all this is a great ride and I would recommend it to everyone.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9