2014 4Runner

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

ULTRA RELIABLE

by OUTDOORSMAN from TIDEWATER VIRGINIA on July 28, 2014

OWNED A 2003 4RUNNER FOR 10 YEARS.........NOTHING EVER WENT WRONG WITH IT. AT 163K MILES, I'VE GIVEN IT TO MY GRANDAUGHTER. THE 2014 4RUNNER WE JUST BOUGHT IS A MUCH DIFFERENT VEHICLE.........MANY MORE OFFROAD/HANDLING SYSTEMS THAT WILL TAKE A LOT OF FAMILIARIZATION. LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT. THE 2014 IS A COMFORTABLE ROAD CAR AND WITH THE "SPORT" FEATURE IN THE TRANSMISSION, I THINK IT WILL OUT PULL A TRACTOR.

A Solid SUV

by Seasoned Sport Utility Owner from West Virginia on June 15, 2014

Good value in the mid 30k range. Dealer was most accommodating as the 4 Runner we wanted was located in another state, which posed no problem for this dealer. However, local Toyota refused to use the dealer network to locate the model with the option, color, etc., that we wanted. That sealed the deal with the other Toyota dealer. Just took a 1k road trip to NE, trouble free, great ride, easy handling. We own Chevy and Honda SUVs, but the 4Runner appears to be stronger built, with a better ride and performance. However, with any SUV, mileage will suffer. We average 22MPG on Interstates and turnpike. In-town, about 17MPG. The 4Runner is a quality vehicle and should provide years of reliable service. Highly recommend it.

Very good truck

by Hang from Northern Ontario on February 8, 2015

SR5, the best car I have ever owned. Bought it new, now 4 month old, no problems at all. Very good quality, comfortable, high ground clearance, lots of space. Fun to drive off road to our fishing spots. Rugged body on frame, no rattle, real SUV. Fun poor.

great vehicle

by car lover from Moberly, MO on August 29, 2014

Its just another improved toyota that just keeps getting better. What else can I say? Better gas mileage than expected

Cave man the 3Runner

by Happy Owener from Memphis, TN. on May 28, 2014

This is the 5th 4Runner I've owned. Which should show how happy I am with these trucks. I'm nuts about them and my 2014 has not let me down at all. 4Runners are very reliable and I'm very happy with it's performance.

I waited 12 years for this

by Dave from Tampa, Fl on January 21, 2014

Finally it was time to replace my 2002 Honda. I researched and test drove similiar sized cars. Ultimately I decided on the 4Runner Limited. It took several days to find a straight shooting Toyota salesman. I not only recommed the vehicle but also wholeheartedly recommend Xavier Pesantes at Stadium Toyota in Tampa. He was an awesome salesman because he understood that my time was valuable, my inquiry was serious and that I would buy from him if he worked to get the best deal for me.

Love it ...almost perfect

by Mikee from Tampa, FL on May 15, 2014

I love the new body style which makes this SUV look mean on the road. Its a lot roomier than its predecessor without getting a massive 3 row SUV, but guess what? It has emergency 3rd row sitting that fits kids comfortably. The V6 2WD has enough power for me, but for those moments I want to really take off at a light and leave someone in the dust I just switch it from automatic to manual shifting and you'll be surprised. Overall I love the car minus the driver's armrest... what I normally would lean my arm on on the driver's side door is too low and the cushioned window rest too high. There is so much space between me and the door you can fit a captain's chair arm rest. Also just like any SUV unless you tie up whats in the back its going to go flying everywhere and the Toyota cargo net is only good for small items.

Great Price!

by Hank from Spring, tx on July 29, 2014

I recently purchased a vehicle from Farouk at Fred Haas Toyota Country. Farouk is unlike any car salesman I have ever worked with.. He was transparent and friendly - wasn't pushy at all and worked hard to get the deal done. Even after the transaction he has taken the time to ensure that everything with the car was met with satisfaction and that I had a pleasant experience through the entire process.

Red 4runner

by Colorado 4runner! from Denver, co on May 23, 2014

My family and I have had this car for about 3 months now and it is just perfect! We have driven it mostly in Denver and in the south suburbs. We have averaged 17.4 MPG. This truck is a beast off-road and is a lot of fun around town. The five speed auto shifts smoothly and has very responsive power. We got a beautiful red sr5 Premium with leather, nav, sunroof, and all of the goodies. The back seat legroom far surpasses the 2004 sr5 we used to have. As a teenager writing this review, this car is tons of fun to drive around. My mother primarily drives this and says it destroys our previous 2013 Outback out of the water. Buy this truck if you want a capable, comfortable, and luxurious Toyota!!!

Our 2nd 4Runner

by DeereMan from Boise, Idaho on February 1, 2014

We really liked the looks of the 2014 Limited in Dark Graphite Gray. Our first trip took us over Snoqualmie Pass in Oregon during a snow storm. The handling was excellent. I felt very secure behind the wheel on the road in ice and snow. I think the 4wheel drive lock control could have been placed differently instead of whrere a cup holder should be. It is a fun car to own and drive.

1 2 3 4 5