2000 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

Change Year
2000 Toyota Avalon
Average based on 17 reviews

It is the most reliable car I've owned!

by from Raleigh, NC on April 7, 2010

I found a very low milage 2000 Avalon on cars.com in my area. It turned out to be as good as it looked on-line. Excellent vehicle value.

I'm proud to own this.

by from Jasper, GA on August 16, 2013

This car brings it in every category. It has great acceleration in addition to great fuel economy, very comfortable interior, and a smooth ride. I love making my guests feel like they're in the back of a limousine. This is my first car and I believe it's the best I will ever own. I could not imagine more. This thing is reliable. If you take care of this car it will take care of you. The exterior is not exactly sporty. Elegant, reserved, and easy-going are the words that come to mind when I look at this car's body. The interior can be described in many of the same words. Nothing outstanding or outlandish. It's Functional, simple, and everything is right there, easy to use and understand. This is how every car should be. The newer cars these days have too many buttons, switches, lights, and dials of all sorts and it just gets cluttered. The trunk is huge. I have aftermarket subwoofers in the back and I still have room for Jumper cables, tools, and MULTIPLE suitcases. There are compartments everywhere. I love being prepared so I keep a lot of tools and functional items in my car. This has room for everything, including me and 4 other passengers. All in all, I can't stop myself from driving this. This car is not a luxury sedan, it's not a sports car, it's not a commuter, and it's not a utilitarian vehicle. It is a great mixture of all of these and that is what makes me proud to own it.

1 month and still smiling

by from New Jersey. on February 12, 2007

First off, I can't believe I am the first to write a review for this car... Anyway - just bought this 2000 Avalon with 67000 miles on it to replace a 1999 Forester with 124000 on it. What an upgrade!!! Who needs gas eating AWD (that you really only need once a year when the blissard blows through) when you can have quiet VSC? MUCH more space for the Kid and the stuff. The car is like new and I hope it is as reliable as it is comfortable. And that smooth engine...WOW! I have owned a MBenz before and this compares well to that car. I can't believe how cheap this was either. In my view a used Avalon (well-maintained) is a great value. Like a Lexus without the pricetag.

Awesome Avalon

by from Seattle, Wa on February 26, 2013

This car is very comfortable and well laid out I looked at newer versions of the Avalon. But I prefered the 2000-2004 with the more traditional interior design. The car rides and drives great. It has plenty of passing power and I average 20 mpg. My wife loves just getting in and pushing the seat memory and it adjusts the seat and mirrors. The auto temp control is awesome it waits untill the car has warmed up a little before it turns on the fan to keep from the cold blow in the morning, and maintains 2 heat settings for driver and passengers. I have 2 friends looking to buy Avalons after riding in my car.

Amazingly Dependable

by from Raleigh, NC on April 25, 2014

Bought used in SC, drove in the south, moved to snowy Ma, she handles everything, smooth ride - did have to rebuild the backend but it is 14 years old. If you can get one with less than 150,000 miles, jump on it!

Looking for Quality

by from on September 24, 2013

Bought to replace a '97 Lexus. This is close to Lexus quality and has many features like the Lexus with more room.

Best car ever

by from Michigan on March 20, 2011

I bought this car new, have owned it 11-years now, and other than routine maintenance (oil, tires, brakes, etc) have never had a single problem with it - clearly the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. The XLS version is loaded, with most features of the Lexus, including advanced safety systems. Very quite ride, awesome sound system, no rust after 11 years - I just can't say enough good about it. I have 135,000 miles on mine and I am told that with continued routine maintenance this vehicle will easily hit 250,000 to 300,000. I would recommend to anybody and everybody. I would

Excellent

by from New Orleans, LA on January 17, 2012

I've had this car for 12 years and it's still going. It's comfortable and very quick engine. However if your looking for an agile car this one isnt for you. It handles emergency manuevers just fine, since ive avoided many accidents in 12 years, but if your looking for the sporty feel it just doesnt have it. But its quick to get up to speed and is smooth. Comfort is excellent, for taller drivers leg room might be an issue, but head room is more then enough. Another thing I noticed that you should be aware of is the car's tires might sag a little at the bottom and look low but Toyota says its normal, so don't worry about that if you see a used one with that look. The back seat has plenty of foot space even with both front seats pushed all the way back. Truck has plenty of space, I was able to put several suitcases and smaller bags in the back with no problem. Overall I reccomend this car, if you find it used and its in good shape I highly reccomend you purchase this vehicle its very reliable.

Lexus Quality

by from McDonough, Ga on October 10, 2011

I bought the car new and I stll have it. There has been no major or minor problems only recommend factory maintenance by the Toyota dealer. It is a great car and only have 86,000 miles. This xls model is better than a bottom of the line Lexus, has more features and much cheaper. This is a great vehicle and I am planning on getting the 2011 Model soon..

almost bulletproof

by from Woodbury, N.J. on January 17, 2012

smooth, fairly quick, stable, totally comfortable instantly, soft ride, but doesn't absorb expansion bumps very well, - ( not like an A8-L) - MOST IMPORTANT: Doesn't break! -