2000 Avalon

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

I'm proud to own this.

by Brian from Jasper, GA on August 16, 2013

This car brings it in every category. It has great acceleration in addition to great fuel economy, very comfortable interior, and a smooth ride. I love making my guests feel like they're in the back of a limousine. This is my first car and I believe it's the best I will ever own. I could not imagine more. This thing is reliable. If you take care of this car it will take care of you. The exterior is not exactly sporty. Elegant, reserved, and easy-going are the words that come to mind when I look at this car's body. The interior can be described in many of the same words. Nothing outstanding or outlandish. It's Functional, simple, and everything is right there, easy to use and understand. This is how every car should be. The newer cars these days have too many buttons, switches, lights, and dials of all sorts and it just gets cluttered. The trunk is huge. I have aftermarket subwoofers in the back and I still have room for Jumper cables, tools, and MULTIPLE suitcases. There are compartments everywhere. I love being prepared so I keep a lot of tools and functional items in my car. This has room for everything, including me and 4 other passengers. All in all, I can't stop myself from driving this. This car is not a luxury sedan, it's not a sports car, it's not a commuter, and it's not a utilitarian vehicle. It is a great mixture of all of these and that is what makes me proud to own it.

It is the most reliable car I've owned!

by Ralphie from Raleigh, NC on April 7, 2010

I found a very low milage 2000 Avalon on cars.com in my area. It turned out to be as good as it looked on-line. Excellent vehicle value.

Looking for Quality

by Quality Car Guy from on September 24, 2013

Bought to replace a '97 Lexus. This is close to Lexus quality and has many features like the Lexus with more room.

Awesome Avalon

by Burien Car Guy from Seattle, Wa on February 26, 2013

This car is very comfortable and well laid out I looked at newer versions of the Avalon. But I prefered the 2000-2004 with the more traditional interior design. The car rides and drives great. It has plenty of passing power and I average 20 mpg. My wife loves just getting in and pushing the seat memory and it adjusts the seat and mirrors. The auto temp control is awesome it waits untill the car has warmed up a little before it turns on the fan to keep from the cold blow in the morning, and maintains 2 heat settings for driver and passengers. I have 2 friends looking to buy Avalons after riding in my car.

Best car I've ever owned.

by texashornytoad from Euless, Texas on September 7, 2017

The best car I've ever owned. I bought it with 90,000 miles and it currently has over 255,000. I like it so much I bought one 10 years newer.

Amazingly Dependable

by wormdigga from Raleigh, NC on April 25, 2014

Bought used in SC, drove in the south, moved to snowy Ma, she handles everything, smooth ride - did have to rebuild the backend but it is 14 years old. If you can get one with less than 150,000 miles, jump on it!

Smoothest engine in the game.

by GurjotGill from Chicago, IL on May 3, 2017

This car, in my opinion, was the best car a teenager could imagine to own. This vehicle is clearly the best you can buy for value from its reliability, to all the features included inside/outside, and the powerful v6 engine. This is the perfect car if you want style, power and class on a budget.

2000 Toyota Avalon Bought Used

by RJS from Phoenix, AZ on February 25, 2018

I purchased a 2000 Toyota Avalon for my friend's elderly aunt. It had 123,000 miles on it, very low for an 18 year old vehicle. The car was kept in immaculate condition. Every feature on the car works and it drives wonderfully.

1 month and still smiling

by Car Enthusiast from New Jersey. on February 12, 2007

First off, I can't believe I am the first to write a review for this car... Anyway - just bought this 2000 Avalon with 67000 miles on it to replace a 1999 Forester with 124000 on it. What an upgrade!!! Who needs gas eating AWD (that you really only need once a year when the blissard blows through) when you can have quiet VSC? MUCH more space for the Kid and the stuff. The car is like new and I hope it is as reliable as it is comfortable. And that smooth engine...WOW! I have owned a MBenz before and this compares well to that car. I can't believe how cheap this was either. In my view a used Avalon (well-maintained) is a great value. Like a Lexus without the pricetag.

This is a very reliable car

by Kayla on July 26, 2017

This car is my first car. It is reliable and has great gas mileage. It runs nicely and luckily hasn't had too many problems. I recommend this car for someone who is just beginning driving.

1 2 3 4