2008 Avalon

2008 Toyota Avalon

2008 Toyota Avalon

Have You Driven the 2008 Toyota Avalon?

Best car I have owned

by Ron from San Diego, CA on Tue May 26 2009

I purchased this 2008 XLS new. It has all the features of a Lexus at much less cost. It handles beautifully, rides smooth, and has great braking. I love it's sharp turning radius. I get appx. 20-21 MPG around town and 32 MPG on the highway. The acceleration is very impressive and I very much like the interior layout. The sound system is beautiful.

Large Luxury Toyota

by soccer mom from westwood, nj on Sat Aug 21 2010

I have owned a Toyota Tercel/Corolla and Camery XLE. (And the Honda Odessey x2) Love Toyota's quality and reliability. The Avalon Limited 2008 isno different but it has the luxury w/o the price tag of other luxury cars. Love it. Con: side mirrors do not fold in.

Awesome vehicle!

by Just a car lover from Scottsdale, AZ on Sat Dec 25 2010

Bought a limited a couple of weeks ago after much research and reading the reiviews. All I read was right on the money! No car is perfect but this one comes close. It was a one owner lease return and I happened to be at the dealership at the right time and got a good deal. Love the heated and cooled seats- perfect for Arizona. Bluetooth and JBL sound are great. Ride, power of the V6 are awesome. Handling is better than I thought it would be even if it's not sporty. Look forward to many years cruising with this car in town and on trips. Would definitely recommend!

Perfect in every way...

by Avalon Fan from Lynchburg, VA on Tue Jan 26 2010

Have driven my Avalon for two years. Ride, comfortable seats, limo-like legroom in rear seat area, power, quality, quietness, fit & finish are best I ever had. Truly an Interstate cruiser and the best part...nothing breaks...all it ever needs is an oil change every 5,000! Great car!

Best Buy for the price

by Avalon lover from Rockwall, Texas on Sat Sep 10 2011

This is the second Avalon we have owned. A 1998 for 10 years with 110,000 miles trouble free. Now we have a 2008 Limited with 62,000 miles trouble free. You just have to take them in and get them serviced and they will last forever. Super car, Super value.

Great Car For The Money

by MRB from New York on Wed Jul 20 2011

Car rides smooth, very roomy, great acceleration. The only thing I don't like is the Navigation system. It is very hard to press the correct letter.

best car I have ever owned

by California driver from Fremont Ca. on Sat Oct 18 2008

The Avalon gives great gas mileage for a car of this size.I regularly get 35 miles per gallon on the highway and it runs on regular gas. It has excellent acceleration. There is a lot of room on the inside, I am six feet four and there is plenty of head and leg room. I have over thirty thousand miles on this car and no repairs of any kind have had to be made. My other car is a Lexus gs 300 and I consider the two cars similar in quality and materials, You could put a Lexus nameplate on this car and sell it for $10,000 more. The styling is a little too conservative, this is the only fault I can find with this car

LOVE, LOVE, this car!!!

by Avalon Lover from Jackson, TN on Tue Nov 11 2008

I recently purchased a 2008 XLS and I love it. I owned a Lexus 400 before driving this one and I can honestly say that I'm enjoying my Avalon more. It handles so well and has great features. It is so roomy and has a lot of different compartments. The trunk is HUGE and so is the back seat. I would definately recommend this car to anyone and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. (Just hope it's not anytime soon!) It also really does get good gas milage.

Great Car

by Luv A Avalon from Longview, Texas on Mon Dec 12 2011

I have owned a 1999 and 2003 avalon prior to my purchase of the 2008 Limited. I have never had any trouble with these vehicles and each car has been even better in quality. Great gas mileage and reliability. The car is not sporty but I am in for quality. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a great ride with true quality.

Luxury for Less - The Avalon

by Avalon Owner from Rochester, NY on Wed Feb 01 2012

This is my second Avalon, and my parents own an Avalon. I have had excellent experiences from all. Fair fuel efficiency with a luxurious ride. The car is a little louder with this model than the others I have experienced, but overall very nice. Stereo system is of a nice quality. Controls are convenient on the wheel, including this model's bluetooth phone operation. Although I miss the navigation system that i had on a prior model, it is easier to buy another product to have on board. The car handles easily and is a smooth ride. Very enjoyable and comfortable on long trips.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2008 Toyota Avalon

Some cars are marketed to families and women, and some are not. The Toyota Avalon falls into the latter category. I hate to sound all gender-centric, but this is a perfectly nice car that's made absolutely no effort to appeal to my demographic. It's not like there's a sign on the door that says "Dudes Only," but the Avalon just doesn't offer much in the warm and cuddly department. I can't really explain it, but when I drive this car I feel like I'm driving my dad's car, not my own. And I'm afraid that's kind of what Toyota is going for with this full-size sedan.

Don't get me wrong; the Avalon is a highly enjoyable vehicle. The interior is roomy, airy and very comfortable. The huge backseat provides plenty... Read More