1994 Camry

1994 Toyota Camry

$2 - $4,722  MSRP Range

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 1994 Toyota Camry?

200,000 plus and still reliable and comfortable

by John Z from Tempe on Tue Nov 03 2009

To date the only thing that has failed has been the antenna drive (twice). The 1994 4-cylinder Camry was judged by Click and Clack on air to be the best 10 year old car to buy back in 2004. I wish the mileage was better, but maybe its time for a Prius. On the other hand, considering all I do is change all the fluids and the oil regularly I can't really complain.

Great Car!

by Nate from New Haven, CT on Sat Jun 27 2009

I've had my V6 XLE Toyota Camry for 15 years and it still drives a excellently. Despite having over 217k miles, it only requires basic maintenance. It gets great gas millage, period.; on a really long drive up I95 last year, I eked out 500 miles from the 15 gallon tank for a 33 MPG. When doing local driving, I get about 375-400 miles per tank, for about 25 MPG. The only downsides are that the pick-up is now starting to feel a bit slow and the steering is a bit loose when compared to a new vehicle. Still, I prefer my Camry to the newest high-end Camry.

Dollar goes a long way with this car

by Juice2288 from San Diego, CA on Mon Aug 04 2008

I have now owned my Camry for about 7 years now (bought used from original owner) and it still runs well and gets reasonable gas millage for a 6 cylinder; 24-25mpg as my daily commuter with 70% freeway driving. It is a quite car with good noise isolation. As soon as I roll the window down a bit, the noise just comes rushing in. But as soon as I roll the windows up, the noise just disappears as if everything around me was muted. The ride is really comfortable. I hardly get much noise or vibration from the road. Sure I feel cracks and bumps on the road but that is normal. I am refering to the typical road noise you hear while driving another brand. It accelerates as a typical V6 car would, nothing to get excited about, but it is very responsive as soon as I step on the gas and lay off of the gas too; unlike the oldsmobile I rented recently (throtle lag). The handling is fine, it rolls quite a bit but it is manageable. I go driving around mountain roads sometimes and the car is fun enough to drive there (it's no 3 series at all though). But for what it was built for, a daily commuter and a long trip vehicle, this car did an excellent job. If you can purchase a used one in good condition, I highly recommend it.

By far the best car I've owned to date.

by Longtime Camry driver from Bartlesville, OK on Wed Mar 18 2015

I bought a '94 Camry V6 XLE at 210,000 miles, was a one-owner vehicle and was kept in a family of mechanics. From the get-go, I was thrilled to drive this car. It has a very luxurious ride quality that's as smooth as glass, rolls just a tad when around going around corners, and the V6 engine is smooth and quiet with decent in-town and highway gas mileage, but is quite lively when on the throttle, despite the lack of a lot of low-end torque. I can definitely say that the pearl green color is what this car wears best, and black is also a nice color. The roomy interior also has a nice plush fabric, interior is very ergonomic and easy to use, and I can't complain about the large amount of trunk space. The only maintenance I've had to perform on this car is oil changes every 3,000 miles, transmission fluid and new tires at 235,000 miles, as well as a mild tuneup... It still runs strong and smooth as anything out there today- I'm still driving it!! I think this car is way ahead of its time, and a great first car or daily commuter for anyone looking for a solid, reliable, and comfortable all-around vehicle that won't break your budget. 5 stars from me.

Toyota of better times...

by Ex-Toyota Extoller from PA on Mon Aug 18 2008

My Japanese made Camry LE is a great car overall. Great interior quality, very good fit and finish, very reliable overall, very smooth on the highway. Yes, the 4 cyl engine (5S-FE) is weak compared to the never ones, but is MUCH more refined, quiet, and very smooth. I like the drive by cable throttle body instead of the by wire set-up of the new ones that pause, feel weird and disconnected, etc... My 2003 Camry SE 4 cyl has nowhere near the build quality, and this is truly a shame for a once great car maker. Really never thought I would not recommend a new Toyota, but I have.

Its a tank!

by Safari from Montreal, Quebec on Wed Apr 16 2008

For a car that's almost 15 years old, I couldn't be more satisfied. The starter is finished, and a few repairs have had to be done, but overall, not too bad. I'm looking into buying a new car, and trust that Toyota is still making cars of equal reliability and quality.

Smog Safe!

by Vic Daddy from Los Angeles on Wed Sep 09 2009

I bought this car from my uncle's roommate and it only had 181k miles. I drive about 200 miles a week and it hasn't given me any critical problems. I installed a cold-air intake on the Camry and I get 25-30 mpg hwy and 15-20 mpg city. The tune-up is very easy on these cars. Not a good-looking car, but it's definately reliable.

I love my "mommy car".

by Mommy mobile from Denver on Fri Jan 12 2018

1994 Camry wagon with 267,000 miles on it. We drove it from Colorado to Washington state last summer. Had a small problem with a broken part in the brake system due to wear and tear but it was very comfortable for 4 adults and it pulled a utility trailer. She gets 28 mpg around town. Yes, the antenna drive has been replaced several times and yes, the plastic door handles have also been replaced but I will drive this car forever or a million miles. Also handles our local mountains well.

Cheap plastic door handles

by Ilovethekitties6 from maxwell texas on Wed Nov 13 2013

I have had to replace both front inside door release handles. The drivers side has broken twice. NOW my passenger side outside door handle has snapped off. They are made ONLY of plastic with absolutely NO metal reinforcement. The price for replacement handles from the dealer became prohibitive but it is dangerous not to replace handles...especially inside. Fortunately I discovered I could buy replacement handles from a chain auto store for a third of the price.

Toyota reliability

by F1Fan from Colonia New Jersey on Sun Oct 29 2017

This car was made to last, just amazing that it's a 23 year old car and it runs as well if not better than most current newer cars today! Super smooth power from V6 and the seats match in feel and comfort!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 1994 Toyota Camry

Usually when a car is this quiet the ignition key is turned off.

The Toyota Camry coupe's V-6 aluminum engine whispers.

Of course, some would say it shouts: "Hey, Honda, why don't you have a V-6 in your Accord coupe?"

With almost no audible sound or visible evidence that 24 valves are pounding under the hood, Toyota needs to steal . . . er, borrow the starter shutoff feature from Cadillac's Northstar V-8 engine, which prohibits the starter from re-engaging once the engine is running. With the starter shutoff, if you accidentally turn the key again during the engine's very low decibel idle, the starter disengages so you don't have to suffer the indignity of listening to metal... Read More