1990 Toyota Corolla

Very good but getting old

by from Los Angeles on October 30, 2011

My mom gave me this car when she bought a 4runner. Its a very great car. Its been running for the last ten years. I did the regular maintenance such as oil changes, change the shocks, tune ups, and etc. It isn't fuel efficient. In the city I would get about 25 mpg and on the highway about 29 mpg. However, the biggest thing that my dad had to fix was the transmission. About four months the transmission went out on the freeway which was a very frightening moment. Luckily there were no cars behind me. After the transmission went out, my dad had to pay $600 to fix it. After the transmission fix, the car wasn't the same anymore. It doesn't handle like I had wanted it. I think the older it gets, the more problems it will have. I am thinking of selling it and getting a newer Corolla or a Prius. Those cars are more fuel efficient and will last me a lifetime.

Best Car Ever

by from Milledgeville, GA on November 20, 2011

Car now has about 220,000 miles. Interior build quality is excellent with very little rattles. Transmission had to be replaced at 175,000 miles. Original radio still works

35k miles in 18 months and still strong

by from Monterey, CA on September 22, 2009

I have the LE 5 speed manual (rare) Bought it for $500 at a towyard, i thought the car would last maybe a few months.......not only is it still running like new, it looks like new....along with the add-on s/c from the 88 MR2

The most ugly car EVER!!!

by from New Jersey on December 6, 2006

Hey We have a '90 Corola DX. Dang it is very lousy and very slow. it gets from 0-30 in like a week!!!!!! You need to really hit the pedal to the ground for it to go!!

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from vancouver, bc on October 21, 2007

My first car and its awsome, reliable as can be, cheap to buy and own, plenty of used parts available everywhere.

MY FIRST CAR

by from montana on November 8, 2007

this was and is my first car. i bought it for $500 with some pretty bad rust. it has lasted me through one montana winter soon to be two. it's very reliable and i would recommend it to anyone. my only problem is the rust. my car is very close to dragging on the highway. but in contrast it has great air conditioning and a great heater. it has over 200,000 miles on it and i'm planning on putting more on.

Good

by from Tampa, FL on June 22, 2009

I bought this little car about two and a half years ago so that I could deliver pizza and take my long commute to college daily. On the interstate it can kick out over 30 mpg. I got it at 160k miles now it has over 232K. The only repair it needed was getting a new cv axle but that is just twenty years of hard driving.

Reliability and Inexpensive

by from Spokane, WA on November 28, 2007

Bought this car (wagon style) to teach the kids how to drive, and to haul lumber from the hardware store in. Handles like a charm in the snow here in the northwest. Great gas mileage, great heater, great handling, great performance. Would definately purchase another so that both the kids could have their own when they earn their license.

my first car

by from San Antonio, Tx on April 28, 2007

This was the first car i ever owned. when i purchased the vehicle it was already pretty old but i needed something to get around in. it may not be the best looking car out there but it does run. it gets great gas milage (especially with the way gas is now.) i got rid of it at 175,000 miles, about 75,000 were put on driving like the average teenage male, and i never had any prolems with it, save that the a/c was sometimes too cold (and thats here in texas). i would recomend it to any one that needs an inexpensive car and doesnt really care too much about looks.

most reliable car I owned

by from freeport, ny on May 31, 2017

Love it. It was the best car I have ever owned. It is easy to handle, easy to park (one of my favorite reason I like this car), economical, reliable. Would buy it again. Comfortable seating. Good milage. Would recommend to friends and coworkers. Great new features. Like all the specials being offered. Would buy again. Great dealership. Easy to use dealer repairs and recalls. Reliable, easy to handle, feel safe.

Our Expert Review: 1990 Toyota Corolla