2000 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

Change Year
2000 Toyota Corolla
4.1
Average based on 20 reviews

I am the ACTUAL OWNER of this Toyota!

by from Aurora, Illinois on April 13, 2010

We bought this vehicle in Fort Worth, Texas new. We never had problems with this vehicle. I recommend this vehicle as a grad gift for someone's kid, a great commuter, or a run-a-bout town car. We traded it cause we needed the space cause we have a new addition to the family. It is a great running car!

Pretty good car

by from on February 1, 2010

Good car the 4cly i have the lowest one, is pretty nice and shows pretty good results for what it is, all around it is a good car. I would buy it again.

Reliable Car for commuters!

by from on May 25, 2010

I bought this car when it had 194K ml. Now, it has 204K ml, and still works well. I am satisfied with the engine and quality of the car.

Very reliable

by from Covington, KY on March 1, 2009

Bought new. Has 120,000 miles. Never has had any problems or issues other than routine. Would like to get something newer, but cannot justify getting rid of something that runs so good with so little attention. Good car in snow.

good car so far .

by from blountown fla on September 22, 2012

I had traded a honda accrod in on this car when the tranmission died in the honda. I got it used has l49 thousand on it . Seems to be very reliable . Ac is so cold have t o leave on low mostly , great. mine has the aut o wit h overdrive. got as good as 38 mpg with it one time . runs great. check engine light will come on if gas cap isn't tighten right , car was mantained by owner ok , replaced the serpentine belt but thas been about all. fun car t o drive and very manuable . compforable , reliable . did some body work, most ly just some touchup paint from auto zone . car looks pretty good yet for l3 years old car. I will go with toyota again. also like vv1 engine . no timing belt to replace . mechanic says it has chan chain. good move toyot a . had a broken lug bolt on rear wheel , but mechanic was able to replace without having to take break assemble apart . was 25 dollar reparir instead on 49 or more if had to take break apart to get at it . engine is well lay laid out and should be easy for mechanic to repair . hate paying a mechainc 50 bucks an hr before they can even get to the part that needs fixing . fixed rear view break light myself , one headlight lamp . some repairs owner friendly . great little car. also handles muddy roads ok . steering is precise even when had to swerve to avoid obstecals in road , mine has good radials on it may helf but very sure footed and stable on road . nice car overall ! onely negative is power windows have died or go slow on driver side, car may have been hit , atho car frax says no . but hear power windows motors go bad after awail . other work ok tho . but ac works great so no big deal.

extremely relible with few problems

by from Eligin, IL on April 14, 2007

I have had this car since it was 1 1/2 years old and it gave me very little problems, It is very relialiable and I wouls recommend it to anyone.

Great reliable car

by from Ithaca, NY on July 1, 2008

The only problem I've ever had with this car involves the oxygen sensor. Other than that, all I need to pay for are oil changes and gas. Even the exhaust is still original after 8 years and the brakes were redone once.

Amazing Car

by from Washington DC on August 10, 2009

This is great car, with 124 horse power, and can make up to 38 MPG. It handles well, it has a nice feel while you drive, and it's not so expensive that you cannot use it to travel. Lot's of people i know don't travel anywhere with their cars, because of putting miles on it. What is purpose of the car, if you cannot travel with it ? In my 7 years of owning it and 110 K, i had only one minor thing and that was MAF ( massive air filter,90-130 $ ). You have to buy a new one, cleaning it only postpone the problem for few days or so. If you want to have a car and think of where it can take you, instead of thinking can it take you, this is your car

2000 Toyota Corolla VE

by from San Jose, CA on July 3, 2012

We owned 2000 Toyota Corolla VE for 5 years. We bought it in 2003 with 24k miles on it for my wife who was a full time student at the time (no extra money) and it was a steal price wise. VE is the most strip down trim. The reliability is phenomenal, as you would expect from Toyota. We put another 40k on this car in 5 years before it was totaled in an accident (not my wife's fault), and all we replaced in this car are tires and battery. What I will complain about is that Toyota tried way too hard eliminating features in VE trim. It came with 3-speed auto transmission while other trims got 4-speed one. The back of the rear seat was not folding like other trims. What was the point of manufacturing different seat back frame for VE? Extra hardware for folding back (hinges and 2 latches) is not that expensive. Center console was missing cushioned cover. Manual outside mirrors did not have handles - adjusting right mirror was very inconvenient. Ridiculously all 3 trims had different mirrors: VE - manual w/o handles, CE - manual with handles, LE - power. It was probably cheaper to manufacture power mirrors in higher volumes and equip all trims with them. This list can be continued but the reader gets the idea. Luckily Toyota listened and fixed all these issues in 2003 when Corolla was redesigned. 2003 and newer Corolla CE (basic trim) was equipped much better with 4-speed auto transmission, 40/60 folding rear seat back, power mirrors, covered central console and etc.

Exhaust System/Engine flaws

by from Smithsburg, MD on June 11, 2012

Exhaust system design flaw; tail pipe hangs too low and catalytoc converter/O2 sensor failing at 99kmiles. Engine flaw where piston/rings deficiency causing burning oil after 35k miles.