2006 Corolla

2006 Toyota Corolla

2006 Toyota Corolla

Have you driven the 2006 Toyota Corolla?

If you can get past the little things...

by Bob in Dallas from Euless, TX on Sat Apr 10 2010

I bought the 2006 Corolla S model used with about 25,000 miles on it. I was impressed with the torque in the manual transmission. This is a great car overall; plenty of room, plenty of power, and comfortable. I did had trouble mastering the clutch, I guess because I had always driven GM vehicles before (I've never owned an automatic). I like all of the little compartments where you can store things. The problem is that there are a few little things that take some getting used to: 1) the hazard lights button is the same shape and just above the AC button, so you could hit it accidentally 2) the driver-side sun visor hits the rear-view mirror when you pull it down 3) the windshield wiper control works like a blinker, so it gets bumped a lot and is embarrassing 4) the pedals are too close together 5) you cannot turn off the headlights at all, ever, unless you kill the ignition 6) the AC vents are placed directly behind the steering wheel, so you cannot point them anywhere but directly on your hands (if you hold the wheel at 10 and 2) 7) if the passenger seat thinks there is someone not buckled up (ie. a case of beer) the ding ding becomes obnoxious, but it will stop eventually. But, like I said, great car overall.

Great value

by Long commute from Fort Worth, TX on Tue Jan 03 2012

I bought this car used with about 60,000 miles on it. I have only done the bare minumum; new brakes once, tires a couple of times, and oil when I find the time. It is now over 150,000 and has a couple things that have come a bit loose, but the engine and transmission run as good as ever. It isn't fast or pretty, but you will consistantly get about 35mpg and almost never have to worry about fixing it. Great commuter/economy car.

GREAT Quality. Reliable Car. No Problems.

by LRivera from Philadelphia, PA on Wed Sep 22 2010

Just to make it short. NO PROBLEMS. EVER. I bought it on November 2005. Done the scheduled maintenance as specified in the manual. The only small repairs were: 1) a new lightbulb (only the lightbulb, not the whole headlight) for the headlight and rearlights, 2) change brake pads, 3) change wiper blades, 4) got a new battery and, 5) new tires Now that I think about it, I am not sure if I should have mentioned those since are just regular wear and tear, nothing major. This car has been moved three times. One within the US and two times overseas. Great gas/mileage rate. Space is an issue however, you get what you paid for. Backseats can be folded forward to create trunk space but then (depending on which backseat is folded) only one or two people would seat. I am quite impressed with the quality of the car.

Good for the money

by Sceptic Buyer from Kansas City, Missouri on Thu Jul 01 2010

We were skeptical about buying a used car due to previous experiences. However, this car has been great. We are relieved every time we drive it because it gets good mileage, rides nice and has been reliable.

OKAY, lets be real.

by Crazy For My Corrola from on Mon Oct 12 2015

I have a 2006 Grey Toyota Corolla. This my first car, got it on my 18th birthday during my senior year of high school in 2011. I'm not sure what my parents paid for it. It was a pre-owned company car and only had 73,000 miles on it. After senior year I started college and the commute was about 28ish miles. San Jose to hayward. I have been doing this commute for almost 5 years 2-3 times per week. Never, not once, has this car broke down on me or shown me any problems. I have drove it to San Diego 2x and I have drove to LA once. Extremely reliable. I get great highway mileage and better MPG then everyone I know, literally. $40 in the tank and it's full :) I take great care of my car as I want it to last a long time. This has maintained the cars great stability. Anytime something needs working, breaks,pumps, belts, etc. I take care of it right away. I now have 160K on it and it still runs like the first day I got it. I have been going to the same mechanic since I got my car. He explains to me that my car is in great condition. Especially for a college student that drives all over the place. I put miles on my car. At least 250 per week. If you are looking for a car for first drivers, a college student, or a traveler this is the one. It's economically efficient and MPG is great!

Best Value Ever!

by Asian Chicka from West Lafayette, IN on Mon Mar 01 2010

I bought my car used, and within a week, the ECM started kicking up a fuss. Took it to Toyota to have it replaced for free under warranty and it drives all smooth again. It's my first car, and I love driving it around. I got it for an amazing price and it's totally worth the money.

'06 Corolla LE (Awesome Car!)

by Ian from Baltimore, MD on Mon Aug 15 2011

I bought this used w/29,000 miles. I chose this car because I needed a reliable 4-door to get me where I need to go in everyday life (work, school, movies, etc.) It has not disappointed. I could not be happier about my decision. I now have 87,000 miles. I have averaged 31.5 MPG in the 3.5 years I've owned the car. I have changed the oil regularly, changed the front and rear light bulbs a few times, replaced the ECU (Toyota recall, no cost), put a new set of tires, and replaced the front brakes. VERY minimal upkeep cost. My only complaints are minor. It is very loud at high speeds. On the highway, it is noticeable and I just turn the music up pretty loud. Also, when braking while going downhill, the engine automatically downshifts and sometimes the RPM/speed adjustment can be abrupt. The clock works sparingly. It's become a joke in my family that if you happen to be lucky enough to see the clock turn on, you should play the lottery or something. Again, nothing major. Overall, an outstanding car and a very pleased owner.

Exactly what would i need

by Wise from on Thu Aug 05 2010

I believe that any car is as good as it meet the user needs & expectations, for me what i need is a reliable comfortable car, can do what it have to do without any problems, i don?t need it to complete my image, nor to race some Ferraris, ... am 32, am building up my life so i need a car that i can depend on, and for me the corolla is the perfect choice, with millage over 35, no need for any maintenance (beside the regular preventive maintenance) i can say that this car is for sure giving me more than i spend on it. (my previous car was a Nissan pathfinder, it was a great car, but for sure the running cost is not a something to compare with the corolla) From the other side, i've never felt any lack of power (even on the highways), never felt lack of handling in any weather.... I agree that the design is a little bit conservative, it doesn't give that feeling of luxury, but for it's price & running cost u can notice that the materials quality is over average, any way am not that kind of show of person so i don't mind the classic design, my wife who judge any car according to the shape and color (as a lot of women do) thinks that it's a silly car ...she thinks that a convertible BMW would be more attractive !!! don't we all do ?

Pleasantly surprised

by Grumpy Senior Citizen from Carson City, NV on Tue Nov 05 2013

Bought this 2006 Corolla CE in August of this year. It was elderly driven and had only 15460 miles on it. I have always driven trucks and SUV's but needed something more economical for frequent trips from Reno to the Bay Area for medical reasons. Never had much use for a sedan type vehicle but couldn't pass up the deal. Quite a bit of road noise, not much in the get up and go department but seems to handle well and gets phenomenal mileage! No Rolls or Ferrari but quite serviceable and even somewhat fun to drive! Wish it was a wagon but no problem. It has a couple of glitches in the computer but my friend is a Toyota service manager and he is helping me with that. Great little car!

Great Car

by Bak10 from Rockville, MD on Sun Jun 03 2018

This car has everything a college student or regular commuter may need. Reliability and low-cost maintenance is something that sticks out right away. Always available for purchase due to great resale value and availability.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9