2010 Corolla

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Value

by Nickname from SC on April 6, 2013

Pros: - good gas mileage - nice exterior styling - smooth & comfortable ride - comfortable & stylish seats - dash w/ trip computer and mph measurements - quiet and smooth shifting auto transmission - adjustable steering wheel & seat height - aux jack for MP3 players - clear stereo sound with surprisingly sufficient bass. - non-intrusive but extremely useful traction control and ABS (standard!). - quiet & ample power from 1.8 Litre engine - overall, as an ECONOMY CAR offers value. Cons: - OEM tires are marginal. When replaced with higher quality, then ride, cornering & stopping greatly improve. i sold off OEM tires @ 13K miles to a young chap that had bald tires on his clunker. Bought Yokohama YK580 from Discount Tire. Much better. In all, it's a reliable, stylish, comfortable, fuel efficient commuter car. It is peppy enough to comfortably handle highways and the transmission is quiet and smooth (significantly better than Ford, GM, or Chrysler offerings). I've owned my 2010 LE from 1/26/11 bought new and it has treated me well.

Cute & Saves Money on Gas

by LoyalToyotaCustomer from PA on November 27, 2012

I previously drove a Toyota Camry. I come from a Toyota family. My dad has a Camry, & my mom has a Venza. The Corolla is cuter, zippier, & gets more miles to the gallon than the Camry.

Excellent value, great mileage

by Astronomer from Columbus, OH on February 20, 2011

I bought my 2010 basic Corolla A/T 3 months back and I must say that I am loving it. I was initially considering a Yaris, but the Corolla was just priced well enough for me to switch. I am a city driver and am getting 30mpg average. But when on freeways, staying around 55-60mph gets me over 45mpg easily. The engine gives decent acceleration and the brakes are not touchy, the standard speakers (4) are decent and the dash-board layout is straight-forward, and overall the exterior is respectable. I paid $14,700 OTD /w all weather package, rear bumper protector, and carpeted floor mats, and got 0% APR 5yr zero down loan from Toyota. Just for comparison, the new 2011 Elantra would cost me $4k more upfront and at least $2k more in interest (3.95% APR).

Solid and Reliable

by Road Warrior from SCranton, PA on April 21, 2010

I owned a number of Toyota products over the years and I have never been disapointed with the reliability and durability of these vehicles. All lasted for well over 200K miles with nothing but routine care and maintenance. Feeling a need to support American manufacturers I started buying domestic brands. All were finished by 100K miles and the repairs along the way cost me plenty. I feel that this Corolla is the best of both worlds. Japanese quality and reliability in a vehicle manufactured in California, containing 80% of its parts from US/Canada. A number of the domestic and foreign brands I considered for this purchase were manufacturered in Mexico.

No steering issue,,,

by Love this car! from Tampa, FL on December 21, 2009

Got 800 miles on it so far, I went all out and got the S with sunroof, wheels, leather w/heated seats and XM radio! I have to say that I am extremely happy with my purchase. Couple negative things I will say about the car (the few I have) is that the passenger seat needs to have lots more room then it has now. I think this is mostly in the design of the dashboard and how far it comes out. I'm 6'3 and fit perfectly in the drivers seat, but my knees are almost touching the dash when I sit in the passengers seat. Toyota...make intermittent wipers standard! I was quite dissapointed to spend 21k on a car not to have them. Finally I would love to see auto up/down drivers window. I have to say I was quite worried based on the reviews with this whole steering issue, but unless they made a major change in 2010, I am experiencing ZERO issues...I think most people aren't used to the new electric steering vs. older versions of the corolla and its hard steering. I average 30 mpg combined around town and 34 mpg doing straight highway. This car (equipped like mine) reminds me a lot of the Lexus IS 250, just with a smaller engine. Toyota has done a great job with the finishes on the car up to including closing the car doors...solid. This car may not work for everyone, however I would give it two thumbs up! If you can, take advantage of the 0% financing and no payments for 90 days!

2010 corolla Le

by dvd0060 from Boston on January 27, 2010

Likes: Smooth and quite on the road. Auto trans is smooth and responsive. handling is good. I like the light touch of the wheel,and it's accurate and quick to respond. MPG's about 32 combined. Stability and trac are standard. Dislikes: Some cheap materials(cloth seating). they put the clock is a stupid place. why isn't the ignition key hole illuminated? Indifference: People moan and cry about the base,le and xle only having a 4speed automatic vs. a 5speed auto. I've driven the civic with a 5 spd auto. I can't see much of a difference. the Toyota's trans is just as smooth and responsive as the Honda.

Love my Corolla S

by Toyota Man from Bend, OR on March 16, 2011

I have owned 5 Toyota's since 1981 and loved all of them for Looks, handling, mileage and long lasting abilities. Conona (remember this one?), Tercel, Camry XLE and Hybrid and now my 2010 Corolla Sport (Barcelona Red Metallic). So comfortable for long trips and gas mileage is excellent. Before you consider buying a new car I suggest you consider a Toyota.

After drivng a Camry for 17 Years...

by Kathy from Mission Viejo, CA on April 18, 2011

I love this car. It has great styling and features. The only negative, so far, is the 4-cylinder engine. I'm accustomed to driving a 6-cylinder Camry. This car, naturally, does not have the same power and pickup. I just leased this Corolla, so I have no idea how I will be rating it after a few years. I received great service when buying.

Excellent choice

by Kensington from CA on February 12, 2011

I have had my Corolla S for 3 months and so far so good! I am currently getting 30 mpg with mainly city driving. Everything works smoothly, I haven't had any steering problems, or an inssue with lint on the seat at all. The interior is great but my only complaint is the location of the clock. You have to look way down to see it but other than that no complaints. It has a fairly roomy interior, my father is 6 ft 3 in and loves driving it around. The nice thing about the back seat is it doesn't have that little bump in the middle of the floor so 3 people can actually fit back there and with the seat laid down I can fit my snowboard in the car. The trunk holds a surprising amount of cargo. I went to Costco and loaded up on cases of water, paper towels, and numerous items and it all fit! Overall a great car!

Lovin' My First Toyota

by Love My Toyota from Chicago, IL on April 12, 2011

The LE is such a sporty, get-around car. I love the way it handles. I get 30mpg around town and as much as 37mpg on the highway. Plenty of little pockets and compartments inside. Love the water bottle holders on the door. Had to get used to the shift in the middle since I've always had a car with one on the steering column. I have very minor dislikes: the seat fabric attracts lint and hair like crazy, the clock is on the dash dial. You have to push the button to toggle between clock, outside temp, mpg reading and trip timer so you can only view one at a time. Switching it while driving is awkward and probably dangerous so you have to leave it on one. I thought that was a really odd design since most cars have the clock on the radio for constant viewing. I love this car and will love it more if it lasts as long as most people say Toyota's do.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15