2013 Corolla

2013 Toyota Corolla

2013 Toyota Corolla

Have you driven the 2013 Toyota Corolla?

1500 mile review

by AccEX-L Guy from Philadelphia, PA on Sat Nov 24 2012

I decided to give Toyota a try after owning several Honda's and Nissan's over the past 10 years. I came from an '10 Acoord EX-L V6 with navi, so this was a major adjustment for me. With the current incentives and getting a good price, I couldn't resist. This car is quite peppy coming from a 3.5L to a 1.8L. I did this mainly because I live in the city now, and the Accord was killing my pockets. This isn't as bad, but I am going to the pump just a tad less not by much, but that's because it has a much smaller tank and I am still breaking it in. I do miss gunning my Accord, but this thing is no slouch either. It drives nice on the highway, it just takes some getting used to with the Electric Steering. I got the S premium plus package with the new 5 spoke wheels for 2013. It has entune and navi and all the bells and whistles, my only complaint would be the sound system. I wish Toyota did not do away with the JBL line of radio's in this generation Corolla. I find I get higher sound outputs from the AUX versus the USB with my ipod. I also am not fond of the Traffic features being reliant upon the phone's internet connection - the Pandora and such I understand, but the Traffic notifications should be integrated without using the phone like pre-2013 built in navi's. Overall good car, I love the styling, could use more leg room, but I am getting used to it and I am 6ft 1. I leased, so I am looking forward to a Camry or Highlander next time.

Toyota corolla s 2013

by cabela from Woodstock IL on Thu Feb 14 2013

Best vehicle I have ever bought. Holds its resale value and will last a long time as long as you take good care of it. I would definitely recommend buying one. They may be a little pricy but it's worth it for sure. Would you rather spend more and be worry free or spend less and be in the shop non stop. This car isn't in the shop at all nor will it ever be. I have owned more than one toyota abduction no matter how old or how many miles they are still great and not too much work abduction visits to the shop.

This is probably the most reliable car we own.

by Thunderbird Owner from Kitchener Ontario Canada on Fri Sep 06 2013

This car is a good one for sure. So far we have driven 7500 kilometers in all sorts of weather. I have not had a thing go wrong. The fluids are exactly where they were when we got the car in January 2013 Brand new from the Toyota Dealer. I have not had to add any brake fluid or motor oil. We would definitely recommend this car to anyone. The car is very comfortable and effortless to drive. The steering is very very good and you can turn around on a dime. The quality and workmanship of this car is really good.

I own now my 5th Toyota

by Oconomist from Sparta Nj on Wed Oct 09 2013

I got a great price on this model because there is a new 2014 one out there. Compared to my 2010 Corolla there a minor good changes, like the real alloy wheels, a nice flat radio combination where you have also access to Bluetooth!

Great Toyota Corolla

by Retired Lady from Charles County, MD on Sun Jul 07 2013

I've had this car for 2 weeks and love it. I really did not want to get rid of my old car and 02 Saturn; I'm loyal. However, I wanted to make some long trips and thought I'd be better off in a newer car. The comfort and smooth ride of the Toyota is something I will not part with.

Most reliable vehicle I have ever owned.

by Jhumel77 from Batavia NY on Sun May 07 2017

I love my Corolla. Very reliable car with great gas mileage. Have had no issues with it. Only thing that I am not crazy about is the material of the seats.

great car

by corolla lover from Southern,PA on Thu May 01 2014

We have our 2013 hot lava corolla over a year now. We have had no service issues. Car has run perfectly from the first day. This is our sixth Toyota in the last 28 years, never had a problem with any of them. Great cars! We bought this one at Bobby Rahal Toyota (PA) Wonderful dealer for sales and service. We love the look of the special edition car we bought. Great sport seats, and I have back issues. Car has plenty of go and handles very well. PA gets all types of weather, many in the same day sometimes. The roller handles it all just fine. Try one you will like it!

Dependable Transportation

by OPKS Mom from Overland Park, KS on Fri Nov 27 2015

I was looking for dependable, basic transportation and found it with this "new to me" 2013 Toyota Corolla LE with 36,500 miles, plus a few extra amenities. I traded my 2007 Toyota RAV4 with 150,150 miles for this vehicle and am thrilled with it. The RAV4 was getting to the point of needing a few very costly repairs and new tires ($1,000 for tires due to it needing truck tires), the gas mileage had gone down and oil usage up, so it was time to retire it. My goal was to find something basic, dependable, reasonably priced, better gas mileage and a comfortable interior, and I feel like I found all of those things, and more, in this Corolla. It's been a week since the purchase and I am still very happy with it. It could use just a little more pep, but overall it's doing really well. The interior is spacious for a smaller vehicle; the temp controls, audio/phone/Bluetooth screen, are all well placed and easy to use; the gas mileage seems to be on track for city driving and would probably improve if the Chicago driver in me wasn't so heavy on the gas pedal :-) ... it's definitely better than the RAV4's gas mileage; the exterior is large for an economy car, so other drivers can easily see me; the seats are not overly cushy/fancy, but they are comfortable and with the contouring of the back of the front seats, it provides more leg room for backseat passengers. The dealer provided me with a full tank of gas at purchase and with well over a combination of 200+ city/highway miles, there's still about 1/3 of a tank left, even with my lead foot. ;-) We're heading into winter, so I'm hopeful that it's well balanced weight-wise so that it handles well in snow. As it is right now, it feels very solid on the road with good traction and easy steering. I am extremely happy with this vehicle and would definitely recommend it to everyone looking for basic, dependable transportation. Drive safely, friends.

Great car, great price

by Cathy from New Orleans,La on Sat Dec 22 2012

I love my Love my Corolla. The blue tooth touch screen is such an asset. Every car should be equipped with such. I know it's not a Jaguar or Lexus but my Corolla sport is perfect for me.

So Far so Good

by Carlos from Dallas, TX on Mon Sep 08 2014

Corolla S, No complaints, Good on Gas, Quicker and a much smoother than expected When purchasing make sure all of the rubber stripping is where it is supposed to be.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Our Take on the 2013 Toyota Corolla

For years, there have been better compact sedans than the Toyota Corolla, and that's truer now than ever before in the car's long history.

Fortunately, the 2013 Toyota Corolla's replacement will soon come and put this sub-mediocre car to rest.

I last reviewed the Corolla in 2010 (see the review) and deemed it minimally sophisticated and unstylish sedan, to coin a word. The model was particularly galling because it had been redesigned in 2009. I don't typically evoke my earlier predictions (possibly because my record is spotty), but I also said in 2010 that "the Corolla is sure to stay near the top of the sales charts, but that's more about what the car has been historically... Read More