2016 Corolla

4.6 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.5 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

Great Car And Excellent Gas Mileage!

by Toyota Fan from Cleveland, Ohio on July 21, 2017

I have the S Plus Model and I'm very happy with it. In the Summer months I average about 35 to 36 MPG in mixed city and highway driving. Winter months drop down below 30 MPG. I love the looks inside and out. The ride is good on smooth roads but not so much on bumpy roads. That is the sacrifice of having the 17 inch sport tires. The ride is probably a bit smoother with the LE 16 inch wheels but I still love my Corolla. There is ample amount of front and back seat space and the seats are comfortable. I have severe upper and lower back problems and I don't have problems with these seats. This car seems to handle the road very well and I love the 4 wheel disc brakes which seem to provide smooth even stopping. Since this past Winter wasn't really bad here, I can't say how well it will handle in snow. I know many people complain about CVT transmissions because they really don't understand how they work. I owned a Honda Scooter with a CVT for many years and loved it. If you punched the gas the engine will rev high and the variable transmission will level off as you get up to speed. This is normal and not a slipping transmission. I like the fact the you don't feel transmission shifts as your speed increases. You just feel a smooth acceleration. I can't really find anything to dislike about this car. I have always had great results with Toyota.

HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY!

by Michael WC from Houston, TX on April 9, 2017

I went from a 2005 Camry XLE to 2016 Corolla LE and believe it or not I love this car. I'm 5ft 10ins tall and it is just right for me. If I were 6ft tall then this car would probably be too small for me. Handles great and great on gas.

The Marshalls

by Judy & George from Deerfield, NH on January 6, 2016

rite a Review of this Car Please check your review for accuracy, and click "Submit" to send. If you have made an error or wish to cancel your review, use the Edit or Cancel buttons. Please note that your review will take up to 24 hours to appear following submission. Thank you for your feedback. Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 5 out of 5 The Marshalls, January 6, 2016 By Judy & George from Deerfield, NH Comfort: 4 out of 5 4 out of 5 Performance: 5 out of 5 5 out of 5 Exterior Styling: 5 out of 5 5 out of 5 Interior Design: 4 out of 5 4 out of 5 Value for the Money: 5 out of 5 5 out of 5 Reliability: 5 out of 5 5 out of 5 "Happy to report that my husband and I just had a perfectly uneventful, un-stressful buying experience at Irwin Toyota. Car buying has always been a dreaded necessity; an experience not unlike having a root canal (actually the root canal has always had more appeal). We were replacing a 2002 Corolla with a 2016. Not a big ticket item, but we received all of the attention that you?d expect to receive if you were buying a Highlander, and a great price to boot! The process began with a phone call from Kristina Cassidy who gave us the preliminary info (making a GREAT first impression) and who made our appointment with the rep of our choice. Based on customer reviews, we chose Scott Hayward whom we found to be a welcoming, extremely personable and soft-spoken individual; not one of your typical loud, hard sell car salesmen of old who were always out to sell you what was best for THEM and not for YOU! Dennis Marhefka used his 18 years of experience at Irwin to happily walk us through the optional warranty info, presenting the positive aspects of the warranty without the usual hype (and yes, we agreed it was a good choice). Jessica Rondo, their Accessory Manager, was on hand to answer our questions about optional add-ons (mud flaps, specialty mats, etc.) and was not a bit put off by our desire to check out prices before committing. Bobby F. in Parts (another delight to deal with) filled us in on snow tire availability and to my surprise, quoted a price that was below that of a direct purchase from the Goodyear guy! Again, no hard sell. The prices and the pluses of one-stop-shopping have us sold. All in all, everyone we spoke with at the dealership went out of their way to actually be HELPFUL; personally tracking down individuals for our phone calls (not a transfer to voice mail), offering directions, and generally speaking, making the whole experience quite painless. Now we hope that their Service Department can meet or beat our expectations. We?ll keep you updated! As for the Corolla, I expect we will be as delighted with it as we have with our past 3 Toyota's and 2 Corollas. They're not top end but the amenities are enough for a couple of not-so-tech savvy buyers. The seats are somewhat hard and narrow (our 2002 had wider, plush covered seats). The CVT power train is impressive with the shifting smoother than a traditional transmission and surprising pickup for a 4 cylinder. LED and halogen lights are great for night driving in deer country. Haven't quite figured out the heater yet (seems to have cold spots at the steering wheel and at knee level, but may be able to work this out over time). Disappointed that the interior seat colors are so light. 6 ft husband is relatively comfortable behind the wheel and the telescoping/adjustable steering wheel is a plus along with the 6 way seats (you pump them up). Backup monitor is handy for the tight fit in the garage and backing down a steep driveway. Driver vision is somewhat obstructed by the left side body molding/windshield frame for both myself and my husband (5'3" and 6'). Adjusting the seat doesn't really help; just will need to get used to it being there and look around it. Standard sound system is super even though we're not audiophiles. Corners nicely (Goodyear Eagles on this one). Would definitely buy again! Judy and George Marshall Deerfield, NH" I would recommend th

I_Love_My_Corolla

by Glen_Burnout from Maryland on May 14, 2016

I loved my 2015 Corolla so much, I was crushed when it was totaled sitting at a red light in March. Fortunately, the 2016s look just like the 2015s and I was able to buy one just like my lost Corolla.

Extreamly Pleased

by Bird from Waynesboro PA on July 16, 2016

We are very pleased with the Corolla as it has ample leg room and seating as well as an extensive trunk area. It is comfortable for driving and riding. Excellent gas mileage. Pleasant sound system.

More car for the money.

by 17HIVIZ from Port St. Lucie, Fl. on June 19, 2018

This car is a great value. Comfort, features, style & reliability are all wrapped into this sporty package. Test drove this car and eventually picked up one for a great price. Really pleased with the purchase, this car definitely checks all the boxes.

First Sedan I've Owned

by toyota2016 from The Wooodlands, TX on February 25, 2018

I recently downsized from a 2005 Trailblazer to this 2016 Corolla LE. The best thing about it is the gas mileage. I'm currently only doing city driving and I get 27.6mpg on average. When I'm on the highway for brief drives, I often cruise getting 50+mpg. So far this car handles well and it is comfortable to drive.

Best car I?ve ever owned!

by Melisa from Hickory, NC on July 1, 2018

This car is perfect for me and my family . There is plenty of space for everyone. It has a nice big trunk for traveling. It gets great gas mileage and it looks nice too.

uncomfortable seats

by JAZ from Swedesboro, NJ on June 19, 2017

In every way except the seats this is a great car. It gets great gas mileage. It is a beautiful car, has great pick up for a four cylinder, and hugs the road well. The speaker system is good. I would still own this car if the seats were not so uncomfortable. More than uncomfortable. I have never had any medical problems or problems sitting in any seat until this car. I was in sever sciatic pain from my hip to my ankle after driving for an hour. I purchased special gel seats that helped, but after 6 hours the pain came back. As much as I loved the car I had to sell it. I bought it to take road trips and I couldn't enjoy myself after I got to my destination because of the pain of sitting in the seats.

Does not recommend this car!!

Love My Toyota

by BrendaS from Ithaca, NY on February 25, 2017

My first Corolla was a 2010. I've had my 2016 Toyota Corolla for 10 days now and love it. It rides smooth, acceleration is wonderful. Very easy to hit speed over the speed limit. Very comfortable ride. A very stylish sporty looking car. I purchased the car from Maguire's in Ithaca and Pablo Canales was the salesman I worked with. He pointed out some features in the car, that the 2010 didn't have, and even synced my phone to the car. He was wonderful to work with and highly recommend him to anyone looking to buy a car from Maguires's. Would I recommend a Toyota Corolla absolutely and would I stay with a Corolla in the future, absolutely. Great car and very reasonably priced.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20