2012 Highlander

4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

The best car I've owned

by Perky from Talladega, Al. on October 6, 2012

I had owned a couple of Buick Park Avenues (2000 & 2003) and completely enjoyed the ride. When I went to replace it one of the things I looked for was the comfort of the ride. The Highlander rides and handles as good or better than my Buick. I've only put a little over 2000 miles on it, but I've enjoyed each mile. I'm getting an average of about 23 mpg, mostly highway miles. As you can tell I'm very pleased with the Highlander. I will say that not all dealerships are the same and you need to check out more than one.

First choice for an SUV is a winner

by Newbie Toyota Guy from South Bend, IN on February 10, 2012

Bought my 2012 Highlander Limited at the end of October. I have always been a (fast) car guy, so the thought of moving to an SUV of any size was daunting...but with 2 kids in car seats, I had to move to something bigger. This is my first Toyota, and it will probably not be my last. I love my Highlander! Size is really perfect for me: not too big, but big enough to lug 2 kiddos (and all the stuff that comes with them) around with plenty of room to spare. There are lots of little details that I keep finding that make me appreciate this vehicle even more. The cup holders that can accommodate multiple size cups, the USB port, the dual power plugs all are nice features. I actually love their GPS. Sound system (even if it is upgraded) is just OK, but more than sufficient. Drives like a dream, and is quicker than I had expected. The "7 seat" deal is ok for short trips...but as a long term option, not real practical unless you don't have any luggage at all. Love the Bluetooth as well. I don't like how the remote start gets killed as soon as you open the door...I don't like that you have to use the smart key to have the tail gate open automatically. But other than that, I find the Highlander superior to my wife's Murano...which was a pleasant surprise for this car-lover turned Daddy SUV owner.

Switched forever to Toyota from Honda!

by Hi on Hylander >SusanStar! from Palatine, IL on October 18, 2012

Not that our our Odyssey had not performed for us but it was time for a new auto ... we researched for 2-3 months and drove several brands/models. This is our 'go to auto' & makes several year-around road trips from IL to MN so comfort & reliability are key for us. Since it's my auto ... my wish list was very long! Toyota fit the bill & made a spectacular deal with us ... plus we drove it right off the show floor! We get great great mileage, it this SUV is extremely comfortable (with heated leather seats) & has a great ride - even in the back seats! The navigation system & stereo have solid sounds plus they are easy to learn & operate. The back area is a bit smaller than we are accustom but we are getting use to the change - it's just fine! We didn't prefer the newer styles of some of the other brands we drove and Highlander offered many standard upgrades that other vehicles did not include for the price. For the price of a new auto -- we wanted to get the most for our money and we were delighted when we drove away with the best deal! We will be switching my husband's car next & we will be driving right down the street to the Toyota dealer for our next great new car deal!

GREAT

by you toyota from mississsippi on October 22, 2011

My wife wanted this vehicle and upon reseraching it and talking to current owners I agreed best value for money.

Perfect for my family...

by LHall from Buford, GA on May 14, 2012

Test drove Lexus 350 before purchasing my Highlander Limited, it drives better, more space, more options...just missing the Lexus logo...oh well I'll have to live with that..happily:)

Perfect Features for US

by Toyota Enthusiast from Richmond, IN on July 3, 2012

Found the Highlander with al the features we could want, an SE package, in Indianapolis through their on-site listing and drove 1-1/2 hours to visit the dealership on Monday to test drive and put an offer on the SUV. We had experience with driving a RAV-4, but wanted something with a little more room and a little more power and towing ability - might tow a trailer in the future. Extremely pleased with the SE version which has all the creature comforts we need, cold weather package, tow-prep, and other ammenties like Blue Tooth and MP-3 that allow us to use our other devices more easily. With all the remote door / back hatch opening, universal garage door opener, heated seats, etc. we are more than satisfied with our purchase. All of the controls features are very intuitive and easy to use, and the fit and quality of finish and materials is quite nice - we like the brushed nickle look. The leather seats are also a nice option that I have avoided for years, because of the "sticky" nature of hot leather....but this is quite comfortable, and the optimal material for heated seats. I have bought Toyotas in Dayton, Ohio and Louisville, Kentucky in the past, and have found my experience in Indianapolis to be superior to all others.

Excellent Car

by Mountains from Colorado on July 16, 2012

Excellent car that offers comfort and reliability, fully loaded costs a little more but was well worth it....get all accessories you want before you buy as the cost goes up as an add-on after you purchase the car

Toyota Highlander

by almost senior citizen from Ft Lauderdale fl on June 4, 2012

Love love love this car, great interior layout good performance and gas not bad for a car this size. It is easy to put the grandchildren into and it has a high safety rating which is important when they are in the car

Highly Recommend

by Don from Lehigh Valley, PA on June 8, 2017

I think that overall you cant beat it. I have the Limited version and its luxurious, its big, it goes through snow no problem, fuel mileage is a little worse than anticipated but i think the newer ones are better on that. Looks sharp, drives well, highly reliable. One thing i would recommend is a better brake package if you do long distance or high speed driving, i put EBC on here and its near perfect now.

2012 Highlander

by Mike from Minnesota on August 14, 2014

This Toyota Highlander compares very favorably with the Acura MDX at a significant savings. Love the comfort, ride, handling looks of this vehicle. I like Hondas too but this Highlander is way better than the corresponding Pilot in my opinon.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7