Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2007 RAV4

2007 Toyota RAV4

2007 Toyota RAV4

4.3

Have You Driven the 2007 Toyota RAV4?

2007 RAV4

by flyfisherman from Reading, PA on Wed Mar 07 2012

Overall I really like the car. I have the four cylinder and it is very responsive. Very spacious inside, too (I don't have the third row seat). I crashed my old 2007 RAV4 and didn't think I would buy another one until I found this one with (Limited trim line vs. old base model) fully adjustable front driver seat. I drive 35000 miles per year and I need all adjustability I can get. Only problem is that it uses 1 quart of oil in about 1500 - 2000 miles with only 68000 miles on it. To me that is too much. My old RAV4 did the same thing. Maybe it's all the terrible miles I put on it. It is driven mostly at highway speed. Also, you either love or hate the back door. I don't really like it, so I kept my old 1996 Ford Explorer 203000 miles) for weekend driving. Real gas hog, though.

In the beginning.......

by Know from Prescott Valley, AZ on Fri Apr 12 2013

....I loved my pre owned 07 RAV with just over 32k miles. Didn't have any issues with it till around 63k miles. Then the engine would hesitate. Replaced a coil at $300. At that time decided to have the transmission fluid replaced. The tranny would stall when when turning a corner. After the fluid was changed the problem became even worse. Same thing occurred with a 02 Toy Camy I once owned. Dealer said everything checked out fine. Seems that Toyota transmissions get flawed over time. The radio in my RAV stopped working, the steering wheel started making a strange crunching noise, and the center arm rest/storage compartment was coming off. Was afraid this little SUV was not only falling apart but I was so tired of the lousy brakes in the RAV....took a lot of foot pressure to stop, so I traded the RAV for a used Subaru Legacy. I had looked at a Scion XB but knew it would have the same lousy transmission.

extremely overrated

by suv guy from colfax, wa on Sat Jan 13 2007

I purchased this vehicle for the gas mileage and I am not even coming close to toyotas estimates of 28 hiway and 21 city. I am getting 17 mpg hiway. This vehicle has a very stiff ride--you feel every bump. It also has unbelievable road noise inside the cab. Anyone thinking about one of these should drive it just to see how noisy it really is inside the cab. I contacted toyota about the poor gas mileage and they said the estimates are just that-estimates. The v6 does have decent power although on mine it seems like the transmission slips when first getting started and as a result the engine winds alot. It also shifts alot going uphill. The seats are uncomfortable and I have found it difficult to sit thru the longer drives I have taken. I think the interior could use better lighting especially in the rear of the vehicle. The rear seat adjustment for the back of the seats is on the outside top corner of the seats. It is difficult to adjust these without getting out of the vehicle first. The rear door opens toward the sidewalk which makes it rather awkward. I am very dissappointed in the vehicle, mainly because of the fuel economy but also because of toyotas response when I contacted them. As a result of the lower gas mileage this vehicle does not have alot of range out on the hiway. I have the limited v6 4x4 in blizzard pearl which is very nice. I am ready to move on to something more comfortable that also gets better fuel economy

Worst Toyota I have owned

by Foothills gal from California Sierra Foothills on Wed Nov 07 2007

I have owned only Toyota's since 1977. (Celica, truck, two Camry's). I have raved about every vehicle until this one. I purchased this in April, new. The road noise on the highways is terrible. We drove this on a 1300 mile round trip (mostly Interstate) and we are convinced we have hearing loss. (not exaggerating). The leg room in the front is also terrible. I am only 5'5" inches, and I sit with the seat all the way back. (I have short legs) The clock is impossible to see, way under the CD player. The gas mileage I got on my trip was barely 25 mpg, and I'm lucky to get 22 in the city. Its one redeeming virtue is that it hugs these windy mountain roads, nicely.

Lighting Dept. fell asleep

by Andy P. from Lacey, WA on Fri Mar 07 2008

---------------2007 V-6 Sport Rav4---------------- Now that I can honestly review this car after driving for 6 months I'll tell the bad then the good. As winter came along and less daylight was out I found a flashlight in the car was needed. 1) rear compartment light not in the roof and doesn't come on when hatch door opened. 2) panel dimmer switch will not turn on interior lights. 3) light photo sensor on dash board is for looks. 4) NO auto-on headlights; only auto-off. 5) when driving and sun goes down daytime running lights provide enough light to drive...this is dangerous because other drivers cannot see car because headlights also control taillights. I had an aftermarket photo sensor installed to auto-on the headlights after a recent trip of driving 3 hours in total darkness with DRL for illumination. Gas pedal - A new feature to cars is electrical input positioning "fly by wire"; no more throttle cable to carburetor. The pedal has a tendency to feel "All On" or "All Off" which is great for the V-6 and all its awesome power, but for morning commutes of a steady speed my foot tends to go down more than up with this setup finding myself mostly passing cars than going the flow. Cruise control is best way of controlling throttle position. Ergonomics - At 6 foot tall I can drive this car for about 2 hours before a needed rest stop. I knew that most Japanese cars are designed for shorter drivers, for this obviousness I try to let my wife do most of the driving and I now take the American pickup for ease and comfort. Performance - Fast little mover. It's a zippy car that has NO problem at getting around. Steering is excellent. Brakes are outstanding. Handling is a breeze. Cup Holders - The two at the front of the shifter come with rubber inserts that are removable. The problem is that the cups going in them pull the insert out sticking on the cup; slim cans of red bull seem the only type that work. Other than that the car is great. Looks sharp and sleek....Oh and the rear door "barn door" is not as bad as talked about. If you park so another car doesn't come in behind you and block the swing path you should be O.K.

Far Better Quality and Reliability Than Jeep

by "Chuck" from New Hampshire on Fri Nov 02 2007

I love my Rav4. It has the versatility of a truck, but the ride is smooth like a car. I used to own a Jeep Liberty and I spent more time in the repair shop with it than on the road. With my Rav, I've been able to fit a lot of cargo and I've towed my boat that weighs about 1,200lbs and it works great. Just don't try to tow a lot more weight and your fine. It serves my needs and I couldn't be happier; honestly- the best vehicle for the money hands down.

Lazy transmission, false MPG

by Alert driver from Montreal, Quebec on Wed Nov 14 2007

It's a rav4 sport V6 4x4, 2007 that bought 3 months ago. The 5 speed automatic transmission often caught sleeping and this delay in shifting make driving jumpy. Another major flaws is the MPG, I can never come close the Toyota claims. In the city it's 14l/100k, 12l/100k on the highway.

Uncomfortable ride

by uneasy rider from baltimore maryland on Mon Jul 02 2007

There is much to like about the 2007 Toyota Rav4. Even in the base model I purchased the vehicle is well equipped with all the power stuff you expect. The handling and engine performance (even the 4-banger) are good. I got the third-row seat, which no living adult could sit in, but it does nicely for my small children. However, the test drive was too short and not over varied road surfaces, so I missed the downsides during my 10 minutes behind the wheel before purchase. The suspension is tight and you feel every little bump in the road. Big bumps are handled nicely, but you feel every little imperfection in the road. It is kind of like riding on a float in the ocean. This could have been accepted as going with the sportiness of the Rav4 if it were not for the hard, unsupportive, and entirely uncomfortable drivers seat. It might be better in the Limited trim, or with the power seat, but this seat is probably the most uncomforable one I have ever experienced. After seriously considering taking the car back and eating thousands, I instead bought some foam, build some thigh support, and hid it under a seat cover. It works for the most part, but not what you would expect to have to do with a brand new car. My wife had no problem finding a good seating position, so I must assume shorter folks might be just fine. Bottom line, if you are a 6' man or if you are looking for a softer ride in your new vehicle, you should take the time to drive, or at least sit in, a Rav4 for a good while before deciding whether it is the vehicle for you. It has a lot to commend it, and it should be reliable, but I would not buy it again.

Flawless car

by cfd from Columbia SC on Thu Sep 18 2008

I have had my 6 cylinder RAV4 a year now and it has performed flawlessly. Averages 25mpg. Very minor complaint: the dashboard clock is in an out of the way location and you have to take your eyes off the road for a few seconds to locate it.

Sweet 17

by 17 year old Birthday Boy from Indiana on Thu May 31 2007

I got this car for my seventeenth birthday which was last week. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so comfortable and it handles like a dream. I rolled up to school and everyone was doing backflips to see what it was, their peering, envious eyes were fixated on me. It's grey, which is really rare in my area. It also has great fuel economy. Things I'm not to excited about is the interior styling, or should I say the center console/dashboard. It's plain, but my aunts loved it. I pulled was waiting in my aunt's parking lot(she lives in a complex) and she was so shocked, she loved it(including the the console, yuck!)! My little cousin hopped in the back and was jumping around in the cargo space. I just recently discovered it has third row seating but I haven't had a chance to toy with it yet. The seats are really comfy, and they cabin is solid. I was at ease, listening to my Rihanna cd as my friends and I went out for my birthday, a mini road trip about 50 miles away from me. Well, I'm not going to bore you, but this car is an eyecatcher(though I'd get rid of those hideous headlights). I love this car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Our Take on the 2007 Toyota RAV4

The compact SUV segment is perhaps the most competitive division in the passenger automotive industry today. That means consumers have more models to choose from than ever before. Toyota's RAV4 was completely redesigned for 2006 and offers a more masculine look than in previous incarnations, although that alone doesn't push it to the top of the heap.

Toyota has a lot going for it with its new RAV4. There's tons of cargo room, ergonomic controls, useable storage bins everywhere and — in the V-6 version I tested — plenty of driving thrills. Add on the great mileage and competitive sticker price, and I'm finding arguments against the RAV4 hard to come by.

Exterior