2012 Tacoma

2012 Toyota Tacoma

2012 Toyota Tacoma

4.5

Have You Driven the 2012 Toyota Tacoma?

Overall excellent truck

by EA2359 from Corpus Christi, Tx. on Sun Jul 08 2012

First midsize truck I have owned. Very pleased with the performance, utility and comfort of the Tacoma. Features are somewhat lagging compared to fullsize brands. I believe that since there is no real competition besides the Nissan Frontier, innovation and vehicle evolution is very slow. Fuel economy is a little disapointing, but still considerably better than my 2007 F150. Handles well and rides quiet for a smaller truck. Very nice touch screen functions for audio and bluetooth once you get used to it. Would like to have had the option for climate control ventilation and leather seating, but those are not must haves. Adequate power for everyday use, but Toyota should offer a higher power option for upscale trim levels. Pricing is a little high for a midsize, but again, that is because of very lttle competition. Overall, very pleased.

LOVE MY TACO

by kokomo joe from canada on Sun Jul 08 2012

After being sickened by the terrible trade in value of my 2008 F150, I traded it for a 2012 Tacoma TRD 4x4. My Tacoma has been a fantastic truck. I never had so many compliments on a vehicle before and never had so much fun driving a truck. Dealer put on a 3" lift kit, tires & wheels - looks sweet, I love it. Very Reliable, ZERO problems. Handles like a sports car, better gas mileage, amazing acceleration and just an all-around great vehicle. I notice the negative comments come from non-owners, the positive from people who actually own them and know what they are talking about. LOL Hilarious propaganda.

Best of the best

by Barten from Macadoo PA on Mon Jun 04 2012

After owning a 1990 Ford F150 which was ok but in and out of the dealers several time I bought a Tacoma and once I left the dealership that was it a NO PROBLEM vehicle. I then purchased a 2003 Tacoma and NO PROBLEMS gave it to my daughter in 09 and decided to buy a Dodge Dakota after six weeks I traded it in for a 2009 Tacoma and took a loss on the Dodge The dodge gave me nothing but trips to the dealer in six weeks that I owned it. Four times in six weeks. No problem with the 09 Tacoma. Sold it to my son in law and bought a 2012 Tacoma back in November of 2011 and to date no problems ... Cant say that for any of the patriotic vehicles that I bought..

Obverall very Good Truck

by Pep from Pittsfield Ma on Mon Jan 20 2014

I've owned two Tacoma double cabs (2008, 2012). Solid truck with excellent selection of features. More than enough power with 4.0 V6. Good looking exterior and comfortable interior. The only cons I have are the same for both trucks. Paint scratches extremely easy. My truck color is BLack which may be more susceptible to scratching but it is excessive. While defrost and vent heating is very good the "downward" heat is terrible. That is, there is very little heat/air volume in that direction.

Great Truck!

by colomike from Northern Colorado on Sun Sep 02 2012

Bought it for its reliability. Did my research and decided on the 2012 Tacoma. Considering what I was looking for- 6cyl. power, comfort, 5 person seating, 4x4, and a bed that provides me with the ability to transport mid sized things ( lawn mower, tools...) and it holds its resale well too (past models have anyway). I'd like to see higher mileage ratings, but in general I couldn't ask for (much) more.

Awsome Truck for the Family

by TimC from south carolina on Mon Apr 14 2014

The absolute best truck for the money. I have owned a 2012 Chevy silverado and a 2013 Ford F150 and the 2012 Tacoma beats them both for reliability, MPG and usefullness. They are comfortable, they have room for the kids. and they can tow a house. Get the V6! you wont be disappointed. The maintenance is minimal so far and not one problem ever in 25k miles. I sold the chevy and lost 25% ...the Tacoma wont lose that much value in 5 years.

Good looking truck, runs great

by mike from Philadelphia, PA on Tue Oct 23 2012

Bought a new 2012 Barcelona Red/Tan 4x4 4dr Tacoma 6cyl 6ft bed; manual 6 spd w/TRD exhaust; air filter and shift kit. The shift kit is supposed to be short throws but although it's not as long as the standard shift kit it does take a little getting used to as I owned a Chevy S-10 5 spd prior which I thought shifted easier/shorter. Plenty of power w/o a speed limiter and will cruise smooth at 100mph no problem. I love the exterior color and design; easy to wash & polish. Only things I don't like is the placement of the ignition key hole which when key is in ignition the fob touches my leg so I remidied that by taking fob off the key. Bucket seats are comfortable. Angle placement of gas pedal bothers my hip and right knee after 2 hrs of driving on hwy. Sound system great except radio volumn should be a little louder but Ok if you don't enjoy blasting it. Love the rear folding seats for excellent storage. the little compartments under the seats are great for storaging lots of small stuff. iIterior carpet is cheap; but I got it anyway, Don't get the all-weather rubber mats (too small) get the after mkt weathertec* ones that fit perfectly even w/6spd manual shifter (just needs about 2 inches of trimming for clutch pedal clearance). Gets 20mpg on hwy, same as my old S-10. Plenty of room in back seat for passengers and the seats can be split with storage on one side and a passenger on the other. Oil filter simple to change. I have almost 5K miles on it and no problems so far. I have not used the 4wh drive yet but intend to when it snows. I got the DRL's and fog lights so no holes where fog lights lights would be missing from grill area. I do not care for the fat steering wheel either.

Great basic compact pickup

by Willy from Phoenix on Sat Sep 15 2012

Love the styling of the 2012 Tacoma. It's bigger than my 1996 Nissan pick up but gets better mileage (by a tad). Better acceleration and performance too with similar size 4 cylinder engines. So much front leg room that I had to move the seat up to fully engage the clutch (a first for this 6'1" guy). Wish it had a fold up arm rest for the front bench seat. The front styling definitely shows the lack of fog lights which I didn't buy. Wish the day time running lights were a dealer option (the only option I wished it would have come with).

Great truck

by Taco Tom from sunset beach on Wed Apr 05 2017

Will last forever. this truck did everything and more including long road trips, towing, hauling and did it in style

My New Toy..ota

by City Boy Trucker from Fort Worth, TX on Thu Aug 23 2012

I'm extremely pleased with my new Tacoma. It has everything I asked for including the efficient 4-banger. It is slightly under powered but I gave up the bigger engine for the increased fuel economy. The truck, overall, is a real beauty but I especially like the interior. It's roomy and very comfortable. All the gages and controls are easy to reach and easy to read...very well lit at night. Toyota went all out to maximize storage area, both in the cab and in the bed. I really like the storage areas under the rear jump seats. They keep all my stuff out of sight and in order. The safety features are top-notch with airbags all around and a braking system way smarter than me. The cruise control even dowshifts automatically to limit down hill speed increases. Tacoma's come a long way. If you need a small truck that is totally reliable, you owe it to yourself to check this vehicle out. Only one minor drawback; at highway speeds the steering becomes a little light but controls well. I'm very glad I bought it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2012 Toyota Tacoma

To begin: This is no Raptor fighter, but it does get Toyota heading in the right direction. In fact, Toyota will be the first to tell you it doesn't want the new Tacoma T/X Baja Series package to be confused as the automaker's version of the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor; the goals were more modest, and the budget was a tad smaller. Still, there is substance here.

The guys at Toyota Racing Development have done a stellar job of creating a unique suspension package that gives the Tacoma vastly improved high-speed capability over Toyota's previous king-of-the-hill TRD Off-Road Package. In fact, the new Bilstein shocks — designed to better handle extreme desert environments — help improve all-around... Read More