2009 Venza

2009 Toyota Venza

2009 Toyota Venza

4.5

Have you driven the 2009 Toyota Venza?

Update Of My Previous Review

by Joe H. from Statesboro, Ga. on October 29, 2009

My previous review of the 4 cylinder Venza indicates my complete satisfaction with my purchase. This update is in regard to the 2.7 liter 4 clinder engine in my Venza. We just completed our first road trip that totaled 946 miles of interstate, two lane roads, city driving, and N. Georgia / N. Carolina mountain roads. The engines performance was well above my expectations. In the mountains the engine was not sluggish or showed symptoms of being under powered for a vehicle of this weight. The engine performed very well. Our gas used on this trip totalled 31.1 gallons. This equates to 30.4 miles per gallon average when you do the math for all driving and roads during this trip. I should note that I did not esceed the posted speed limits at any time on the trip. Once again Toyota hit a home run with the introduction of the new Venza. I still highly recommend the Venza and am satisfied beyond my expectations with my purchase of the 2.7 liter 4 cylinder Venza

Toyota Hit A Home Run With The Venza

by Joe H. from Georgia on October 13, 2009

After much research I decided to purchase a new base model (2810) 2009 Venza with the 2.7 liter engine. After owning both domestic and foreign vehicles including a Ford Edge crossover I purchased last year my research told me to sell the Edge and purchase the Venza. After two months of ownership and 2000 miles I must state that the Venza has met and even surpassed all of my expectations. Interior and exterior show excellent fit and finish and great styling. A perfect example of form and function coming together quite well. I have no complaints and the fuel mileage is dead on with the 21/29 MPG EPA rating and I average 25 MPG in combined city / highway driving. Don't let anyone convince you the 4 cylinder is inadequate. It powers the Venza quite well under all driving conditions. For a vehicle with all of the standard features included that the Venza has it is a well priced vehicle with Toyota's legendary quality. Call it a crossover, station wagon, SUV, or whatever you desire to call it. I call it one outstanding and fully functional well equipped people mover.

Everything I expected - few flaws

by Lkrsfan1 from Agoura, CA. on October 22, 2009

Put in my first 5k miles on a 6cyl Venza. So far, I love the car. The interior is sharp and very spacious. Controls and functionality of the feature loaded cabin are top-notch. Very few complaints but here they are: wind noise, windows defrost doesn't seem to hit side windows well, and the "open" latch for the rearend is hard to find by touch. I have the 20'' wheels and they do make it ride a little stiffer, but it's barely noticeable. Seats are very comfortable and the entire car feels very well put together. There's nothing that seems cheap on this car. I get an average of 22mpg, which is not bad.

Venza AWD V6, 9200 miles, pleased!

by Davbri from Maryland on October 28, 2009

After debating for several months of what to buy, I finally made my choice for the Venza V6 AWD and have been very pleased. My first reason was that it is a Toyota and historically Toyota has been very reliable brand. This is the third Toyota we have purchased as a family in two years after driving traditional American cars for 34 years. That reason is reliability. The V6 is strong and makes the Venza feel lighter than it is. The 6 speed shifts smoothly and is very quiet. I cross the eastern edge of the Appalachian Mountains each morning on my way to work and it maintains its speed effortlessly. Mileage as averaged city/highway around 23 mpg, a little lower than I expected, but that may be my driving habits. There is wind noise only noticed after I had the optional Toyota roof rack installed. The interior is laid out very well and is very comfortable. The optional JBL stereo is outstanding, while the leather is comfortable. The only negative that I have seen is some first year build issues with matching dash parts. I understood this as a new model first year build and this could be expected and understand Toyota is resolving the issues. Only option that I miss is memory seats and doors that lock that lock themselves as you walk away, especially with the keyless entry. The exterior is very seductive from all directions but from the front. The front, well it is part Toyota Camry.

Great vehicle for doing everything

by I do it all! from St. Paul, MN on August 11, 2012

I have a 2009 Venza V6 AWD with leather, NAV, Pano Moon Roof, Xenon Headlight and every other option. I did not want a typical SUV but wanted AWD and needed something wider than a typical wagon as I have kids in carseats. The Accord Crosstour has less power and got worse mileage. It was not quite a big, either. So, the Venza it was. I had the dealership add the factory trailer hitch as well. It is quick, quiet, smooth, rattle free, full of technology, but also hauls gear, tows like a monster (my 20 foot pontoon at 85mph with AC and cruise on, no problem!) and looks great doing it. I added a Thule bike rack and recently towed the pontoon with 4 bikes on top and full gear in the back and my family of four in 93 degree temps. The big brakes and 6sp auto transmission work great to slow things down and the 270hp is great when towing. I have 0 complaints and only admiration for my Venza. Oh, I had it in the mountains of Colorado, on I-70 over the Vail pass...it is a BEAST in mountain driving - I can pass everything and slow down when needed with the utmost confidence. Now, I'm just beginning to price snow tires and wheels and can't wait to get it in some deep snow. Bring it on with the Venza!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

09 Toyota Venza

by Ms Wray from Raleigh, NC on May 24, 2011

We've had our Venza for several months now and we absolutely love it more each time we drive it! The fuel mileage is good for just riding around (23-25mgp) and it can even get up to 28 on a trip! My husband, son and daughter-in-law are all tall, and they all have plenty of room inside. We usually travel with our Boykin Spaniel Maggie as well and we have lots of room. It's great for hauling things as well such as plants, patio sets, etc. We love it!!

Sharp car

by Old school car lover from Ypsilanti, mi. on May 3, 2014

The appearance of the car is very sharp. I've gotten many complements. One interior issue that is bothersome is the gear shifter in the center of the dash , I hit it frequently. The gas mileage in the city could be better, but it is excellent on the highway. It's developed some noises that I'm concerned about. It makes a noise in the steering wheel column when turning, which I read is common in this model. The transmission whines when switching at slower speeds, which I read occurs quite often as well. So far these issues haven't effected performance. If purchasing one make sure it has both key fobs if it has push button start. I needed one and had to purchase online because the charge from Toyota was outrageous, over $300.00 and the dealer indicates that there is a 50/50 chance that they can't be programmed, I was successful. So far the car is comfortable, packs lots of stuff and is excellent on the highway, which is the main reason that I purchased the automobile, for highway travel. I've only owned it for one month, I'll have to make more reviews later.

BEST CROSSOVER!!!!!

by TOYOTA OWNER 4-RUNNER TO VENZA from LEXINGTON, KY on August 10, 2010

What can I say except I love everything about the Venza. The look and style is the sharpest out of all crossovers on the market. From interior style with the trim around seats are the most unique ever seen. To the room and comfort is more than anyone could ask for in a crossover. Not to mention the performance and handling is superior! To sum it all up, I Love This Vehicle.

"NICE" Use as Family Car

by mom of 3 from Pittsburgh, pA on February 9, 2010

We are a family of 5 and we all fit comfortably lots of leg room. Love the Look feel like i am driving a lexus.

Venza rating

by first time toyota owner from Atglen, PA on April 19, 2009

Well I have to say that the Venza driving experience was amazing. It has excellent handling, a quiet interior, and smooth ride and very roomy. It's a shame there is always one or two bad apples in every bunch that feel the need to provide negative feedback otherwise all of these reviews would be near perfect and rightfully so. Do yourself a favor and take one for a drive, you will not be disappointed.

1 2 3 4 5 6