2000 Jetta

3.6 out of 5 starsInterior Design
3.7 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
3.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

This car works for me - not the other way around

by Lengthy commute from Raleigh, NC on March 10, 2009

I have had the Jetta TDI for a couple of years. I commute 700 miles each week and take 800 mile trips 4 or 5 times a year. I am surprisingly refreshed at the end of the trip, with zero leg fatigue as I have experieced in Ford Explorers and Chevy Malibus and Jaguar XJ6. The car has had multiple issues - two CV axles, glow plug, fuel filter clogged up, to name a few. However, during the first year, I got everything fixed. The point is that it CAN be fixed by your local mechanic. I have had many cars with intermittent and strange problems (Chevy Malibu failed to start, Jaguar wipers came on when you hit the brakes) Having a car simple enough to get fixed is very important to me. The car has stranded me one time as I was on my way to the repair shop for another issue. The injector pump failed. Other than that, it has ALWAYS gotten me home. I don't like the cup holders, back seat, or trunk space. So, I am looking for a Passat TDI. My wife will drive the Jetta. I am NEVER letting it go. Because this car can be fixed.

The Gas Saver Car and Awesome ride

by mickey from Michigan on February 15, 2012

I have bought a VW JETTA GLS from this site around a year ago, and I have to say Im so happy, I bought this car for $4,200 and we have saved so much money with the gas mileage this car gets, OH MY GOD! we get 38 mpg on th highway wihch is incredible, and we get around 29 in the city of Chicago, and driving around Chicago can be a headache. We first had a problem with a Idle Valve at first, its feels like when you come to s red light, the car still wants to go as your putting more pressure on your breaks,,,as well as backing up..this is commen for these cars if it hasent had a tune up in a long time,,but it was an easy fix, we paid $90 for this little part thats on top of the engine,,easy...and it took my mechanic 10 minutes to out it on,,he said he had to drive it at least 5 minutes on the Highway to get the Idle valve computer system to read this new part, and it will be in normal drive again..but you have to get a tune up within 2 months after installing this.. so paid our mechanic $30 to install it....thats another thing,,do not let any mechanic Lie to you about how much this valve cost and to install...!!and do not take it to a VW dealer,,they will cheat you for $400 for a $90 part. this car has never had any problems and its very reliable to have...awesome on the snow and rain pavements....turns like its on tracks...and the interior of the car is so built well, cant hear noise from outside...WE LOVE THE VW JETTA> buy it....no matter what the price is..its worth it

2000 Jetta 2.0 - Automatic

by VW Driver from New Bedford, MA on March 1, 2011

The 2.0 litre 4-cylinder engine in Jettas are very reliable and perform well. Considering its an automatic an a small engine, its pretty quick and very fuel efficient. The Premium Monsoon Sound System is AWESOME for a stock radio with 11yr old technology. I love the body style of these Jettas (mk4) and my color, navy blue (galaxy blue from vw). I would recomend this car to someone who wants to save money but still have a good looking, quick, and all around inexpensive car.

Solid Car

by E from Pa on December 20, 2011

I currently have 159100 miles on my jetta (GLS 2.0). this vehicle is a very reliable vehicle and can take a beating. this car has been in multiple car accidents and takes them like a champ. this vehicle is very safe and I would recommend this style and year jetta for any new driver. the only downside to this vehicle is that parts are a little expensive to replace with labor cost. But it make up for it in gas milage (34 highway) and reliablility.

Most reliable car Ive owned

by Benjamin from Washington DC on October 6, 2011

This was a very clean car, great mileage for the price, beautiful red paint job.. Overall Nice and a seller....

Jetta!

by this gal from Asheville, NC on March 21, 2012

I love the way it looks and the way it sounds! It is a great car that is compact enough to fit just about anywhere. It is a great little car.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by consumer28 from New York, NY on December 3, 2008

This car has by far been the most reliable vehicle I've owned. I love the exterior and interior design. I've never had one problem with my Jetta GLS. This car is very reliable and i would recommend it to anyone looking for a new car.

VW Jetta VR6

by VW Enthusiast from new Jersey on January 18, 2014

currently I have 197000 on this care I owned since 2003 bought used with 29000 miles. excellent car. I enjoy driving it till this day. the VR6 engine is a great engine with a lot of power and torque. for a VR6 I achieved 27-29 miles gallon with car when I drive slow (55 mph or slower) at low RPMs. I still have full power and every thing is operational in the car.

12 yrs old

by VW Driver from Jeffersonville, IN on October 30, 2012

We bought this car new 4/2000 for a high milage car. Wow, is it ever. I have 375,000 on it and still going. Normal maintaince, timing belt and water pump every 80k and oil change every 7k and still have the orginal clutch; 5 speed stick. I have averaged from 48 - 50mpg since it was new. Luv it! and still driving.

ford ranger

by stew from la salle il on June 6, 2007

the jetta i owned was built on a monday or a friday.i went through 2 water pumps 2 brake switches and one motor so you could say i was not to impressed with my jetta.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4