NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2006 Jetta

2006 Volkswagen Jetta

2006 Volkswagen Jetta

4.2

Have You Driven the 2006 Volkswagen Jetta?

Great little car with 210k miles

by Adrian from New York City on Sat Feb 27 2016

I bought this car in 2006 and have since put over 211,000 miles on it. I have the manual 5 speed and have driven it across the country at least 5 times, with another 7-8 trips up and down the eastern seaboard. Never had any major problems, although sometimes the check engine light comes on and some of the interior electronics have shorted out. In the past few years I've had to replace the headlight lenses as they became fogged. As long as you replace the battery, sparkplugs, oil and tires when needed, this car will serve you well. I love the transmission, ease of use, and reliability. I also like the interior - no frills, just what you need and well designed. Even with a smaller engine it has good acceleration and is fun to drive. I will probably keep the car for sentimental value and upgrade parts piece by piece in order to pass it on. Looking forward to cracking 300k miles with this car.

Diesel version is very reliable - best gas mileage

by German car fan from Los Angeles, CA on Thu Aug 14 2008

I don't ever write reviews but the diesel version of this vehicle is worth raving about. THIS IS NOT A SMALL ECONOCAR: 1) THIS ROOMY CAR WILL FIT FULL-SIZE PASSENGERS IN FRONT AND REAR; NOT LIKE A SMALL CAR. THIS CAR HAS A DEEP BIG TRUNK. THIS CAR SAVES MONEY: 1) MPG IS HIGHER THAN GAS CARS = NEARLY 600 MILES BETWEEN FILL-UPS; 2) DIESEL CARS LAST 100,000 OF THOUSANDS OF MILES LONGER THAN GAS CARS; 3) THERE ARE NO EXPENSIVE HYBRID BATTERIES TO REPLACE IN THE FUTURE; 4) OIL CHANGES ON A DIESEL ARE EVERY 10,000 MILES VS. EVERY 3000-5000 MILES ON A GAS ENGINE; 5) LOWER INSURANCE PREMIUMS DUE TO HIGHLY RATED CRASH TEST SAFETY SCORES. 6) NO CALIFORNIA SMOG TESTS (EVER)!

Pretty good car

by UA777 from Crown Point, IN on Mon Jan 19 2015

I bought it (2.5 value edition) brand new in February 2006. I had few minor problems during warranty period but nothing major. Almost 9 years later I have 87000 miles on it. I do all maintenance myself and so far I was able to fix everything myself (i have no mechanical background but I`m pretty handy). I called dealer few times to compare the cost of the service and the prices they charge are insane. It`s a pretty good car. Looks good. No rust after 9 years. Interior problems which I already fixed: -headliner material is shrinking exposing glue on the edges (cosmetic) -on driver side window and mirror controls are peeling off (cosmetic) Exterior problems: -led turn signals built into mirrors stopped working (common problem-cheap to replace with aftermarket ones) Mechanical problems: -purge vent solenoid ($25 part) -radiator fan (small one) stopped working but after I took it apart it is working again -broken vacuum line from the engine to brake booster (easy fix but part was $90) -front passenger side wheel bearing I take very good care of my car and it is a pretty good car in my opinion. Mechanical problems happen and will always happen. It`s not a big deal if it`s not something major. So far my problems were very minor and I hope it`ll stay that way.

Love my cute Jetta GLI

by Lisa from New Jersy from Towaco Newjersy on Sat Sep 07 2013

My Parents purchased my white Jetta GLI as a gift because my 2003 Volvo s60 was totaled while leaving college one after noon. To start I love my Jetta to death and I am a VW girl I didn't exactly know what GLI even meant until my bf told me what a GLI is. I do have a heavy foot being a jersey gal and I feel my Jetta can definitely keep up on how ever I drive it . my favorite features are the sunroof, the GLI leather seats I do recommend this and I will keep my Jetta for as long as I can!

Volkswagen Jetta

by Oen from Harrisburg, PA on Tue Feb 01 2011

It is a great car for the money. It is fun to drive, gets good gas mileage, and for the most part if still drives like it did the day I bought it. The finishes inside have held up very well, and (knock on wood) I have had no major repairs at all.

2006 tdi

by 2006 tdi from Victoria BC Canada on Mon Sep 26 2011

good fuel economy, sporty, would like to put it in gear from neutral without putting foot on brake, when using remote door locks can the beep be turned off? timing belt and dual mass fly seem to be very expensive and fail early

Love my TDI

by Ruby from Cape Cod, MA on Tue Nov 11 2008

Ruby is a TDI...the sticker when I bought her new said that I could expect 38/city 41/highway. I drive the car alot and I am getting an average of 48mpg. For some reason I get only 42mpg when using 20%biodiesel? I live in New England and she starts up right away. She handles well. She has good kick and power for when you need or want it (Boston traffic). Not only would I recommend my car to another I would buy another one if I needed too. However, me and Ruby are gonna spend many many years together.

Cheap on gas

by Alex777 from Abbotsford on Wed Jul 25 2018

Good car to use every day for commuting. Be ready to change flywheel in the transmission every hundred - hundred fifty thousand km. Sometime problem with headliner, be ready to fix it. I met with those problem in my car.

owned

by palatine from palatine il on Wed Jul 18 2018

was by far the best value for my money. It is solidly built, quiet, and smooth. The ride is like a Lexus and it handles almost like a sedan. It's just the right size, has very comfortable seats and is loaded with technology! On my first 500+ mile trip, I averaged 28.8 mpg. If you're looking for a new crossover in this segment, put this one on your short list to test drive

Its cute!!!

by Mindless from Paris, France on Wed Mar 06 2013

It's so cute!! I love it! #teammindless I love the interior and exterior. I personality would have picked a different color, but other than that it's very nice(:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2006 Volkswagen Jetta

When Volkswagen launched its redesigned Jetta more than a year ago in the United States, the car and the company seemed to walk away from their core constituency of younger buyers.

The new Jetta is bigger, flashier and more expensive — lots more expensive. Our test model, a 2006 Jetta 2.0T, had a bottom line of $29,965.

SHE: As we were in the middle of driving the 2006 Jetta, VW announced that its ’07 Jetta, which goes on sale in the fall, gets a major price cut. The ’06 model started at $18,530, including shipping, while the ’07 model will start at $17,120. That’s a hefty whack. From the perspective of someone who’s owned several VWs, they had to cut the price. Do... Read More