2011 Jetta

2011 Volkswagen Jetta

2011 Volkswagen Jetta

4.4

Have you driven the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta?

Why a 2011 Jetta?

by Puffins from Boston, MA on Tue Oct 19 2010

Balance between content and price. 1. Enough power for easy highway merges and handling a full load of passengers 2. Smooth driving dynamics; solid feel to car 3. Sleek/current exterior 4. Full complement of current high tech (IPod adaptor, Bluetooth, AUX, XM radio, touchscreen audio interface, CD changer, wheel mounted audio controls) 5. Full complement of current safety features (front/side airbags, ABS, stability control, impact beams, blinkers on side mirrors) 6. Comfortable seats and interior? Interior pleasant to look at (I don?t touch my dashboard except when wiping dust off) 7. Great dimensions: Overall length shorter than the Audi A4 even though more rear legroom than Honda Accord/ Acura MDX 8. Sliding sunroof 9. Fake leather interior?looks like leather, more durable v. spills than cloth 10. Big trunk 11. Automatic transmission 12. Power windows 13. Remote keyless entry 14. Included warranties same as Honda/Toyota/Nissan 15. ALL of the above for just over $21k (including delivery)

Excellent handling car

by love new cars from Kittery, ME on Thu Nov 04 2010

The car is great to drive, very manueverable in traffic etc. The inside is comfortable with all the conveniences including a large glove box. That was a surprise because they are usually very small. The heater/air conditioner work fast, heated seats and power windows great. The 6 CD changer & radio sound nice. One of the best things is that it is great on gas. I am very pleased with my choice.

I've owned them all and this is the best

by Road Warrior from Murrieta, California on Thu Feb 23 2012

I was hesitant to buy a "diesel" and pay the extra to get it but I made the right decision. I bought my Jetta TDI in May 2010 brand new. I have 98,000 miles on it as I am a road warrior driving 200-300 miles per day for my work. I LOVE THIS CAR! I've owned Mercedes, toyotas, hondas, bmw's, you name it and this car is still as rock solid as the day I bought it. No squeaks or rattles. I've replaced the battery and tires and changed the oil every 10k miles. I routinely get 43-49 miles to the gallon. I got the premium addition and the navigation with bluetooth and built in adapter for the IPHONE is the best. My laptop can be plugged into the plug in in the back seat area and I can charge that while I am using my iphone or ipad. I am going to be giving this car to my daughter in June when I will have turned about 120K miles on it and get me a Passat TDI. I go about 580-630 miles on a tank full of gas (14.5 gallons) which costs me about $55-62 per tank. I drive it also to tucson during baseball season and if its just my wife and I will get 50+ mpg going the speed limit. I've researched all the other "great gas mileage cars" and none compare to these VW's. Very very impressed with this car.

Great Car

by Adam from Greenville, SC on Mon Oct 25 2010

I bought this car for the purpose of commuting and I must say I am glad I did. It is a fun car to drive and has plenty of room and features. Don't worry about all of the car techy reviews out there. This is a great car with alot of style.

FAVORITE CAR IN THE WORLD

by TDI Enthusiast from Sunapee, NH on Wed Jun 15 2011

This car is absolutely amazing!!! We bought the car 2 months ago and its awesome! We have 2 full grown teenagers living at home and they both fit fine in the back seat.(sedan) The TDI gets very good gas mileage and is very fun to drive. We have had problems with the sunroof not closing but that was fixed no problem by our dealership. It is priced the same as a Prius and being an owner of a Prius it has many more features and is well worth the money!!! Our older son drives it to school and the Jetta is no longer a girls car it is the one everyone wants to ride in, we bought him a 2006 Audi A4 quattro (the more expensive sister to the Jetta) and he likes to drive the Jetta more than his Audi. If you are going to get a Jetta spend the extra money for the TDI because it is worth it!

Jedi Jetta

by RedRaiderCarFreak from Lubbock, TX on Tue Mar 01 2011

Amazing experience, I got my new fully-loaded Jetta in October. The features and styling of this beauty make up for any lag on the "race-track". Great car!

I love my Jetta

by Bibleman from Bowie, MD on Tue Aug 02 2011

I traded in my Volvo S80 for a new Jetta because the gas consumption on my Volvo was through the roof. I believed this to have been a downgrade, but was soon proven wrong. I have since fallen in love with my Jetta and besides from the noisy cabin, cannot find one thing I do not like about it.

Excellent

by Alfaracer46 from Philadelphia area on Sun Jan 26 2014

Bought a 2011 Jetta 33k mile, for our son who is away at college. Very good all-around car. Responsive handling, good performance from the 2.5 5 cylinder, comfortable and useful interior, and very good build quality. We've had the car only about 2 months and no issues. Would highly recommend the Jetta, or any of the VW products!

Id rather drive a jetta over a Range Rover

by billy bob from oklahoma city on Thu Jul 10 2014

such a great car! so happy I bought it. Has everything I wanted, blue tooth, hands free talking, seat heaters. SO WORTH THE PRICE.

Great Car, excellent value, very happy!!

by Mr.Niceguy from Skokie, IL on Mon May 02 2011

This is such a great car. I bought it at Christmas and I'm so happy I did. It's so economical with awsome gas milage and power. It has so many nice features, unexpected at this price range. I would recommend this car hands down!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta

What the Volkswagen Jetta TDI clean-diesel sedan lacks in electronic gizmos it makes up for with a rewarding driving experience and superior mileage.

Cars.com reviewer Mike Hanley reviewed the gas-powered Jetta, and you can read his review here. I'll focus on the diesel version I drove. While Mike and I agree on a lot, our impressions of the interior differ.

The Jetta sedan has been redesigned for 2011, but the previous generation continues in the station wagon version, the 2011 SportWagen. You can see the differences between years and models here.

Driving
The Jetta TDI I drove had a six-speed manual transmission; a six-speed automatic is optional.

If you opt for the manual transmission, you should... Read More