2014 Passat

2014 Volkswagen Passat

2014 Volkswagen Passat

Have you driven the 2014 Volkswagen Passat?

2014 Passat TDI SEL

by Jimbo from Louisville, Oh on Sat Apr 12 2014

Owned the car for 7 months now and 7k miles. Roomy vehicle, better than the Volvo S80 we traded in. Mileage is great 38 mpg overall and 42 mpg at 80+ mph on the highway, 48 mpg at 73 mph. The only issue we have had is the tan seats with the suede like inserts. They have a blue tint to them from our jeans.

Wonderful

by Dr Larry from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl on Sat Jun 27 2015

I am really happy with my new car. It came with very low mileage and in perfect condition and the price was exceptional. I love driving this car and I hope to have it a very long time. It has a very sophisticated look and it is very roomy.

Surprisingly Happy

by Female Driver from Louisiana on Mon Jul 07 2014

Everyone, family & friends, thought we were crazy buying the VW Passat TDI Sel w/ Sun. & Nav., Diesel. Extremely happy w/ performance, styling, comfort & space, and mileage $$$savings! Only one question is there a difference in the color Opera Red and Claret? Paid higher, no deals cut, but worth every penny. After looking @ Fusion, Taurus, Sonata, Malibu, Impala, LaCrosse, we made the right decision. Husband wants to know if VW will make a P/U truck? VW Passat car package - BRILLIANT. .

Love my passat tdi

by passat girl from California on Wed Apr 30 2014

I purchased a 2014 VW Passat TDI on April 13th. I got 636 miles on the first tank of diesel which was all just city driving. I just re - fueled for my 2nd tank and can't wait to see how the mileage does. I love the exterior look of my car, the interior is roomy and comfortable for short or long drives. I get a lot of compliments from friends, family and coworkers.

Reliable, luxury, and economic car all in one!

by GuillermoCA, College student from CA on Tue Jun 27 2017

I know VW has had a bad reputation within the last couple of years. However, I bought this 2014 VW Passat SE and I give a standing applause to VW. Interior: Leather trimmed, feels like im in a BMW. Not to mention the speakers are insanely good and the overall trim feels luxurious. There is ample amount of leg room and shoulder room and the trunk space is more than enough. Reliability: So far I have not had any issues with the car at all! I drive from the bay to a little past LA on a tank of gas, the MPG is amazing on the highway, in the city I feel that its above average, like right under a honda civic or a toyota in terms of MPG City. The only thing ive done is oil changes and tire change and ive put about 80000 miles on it. Great car! If you are looking for a car that looks luxurious inside and out, with great amazing room and sound system. That also gets great gas miliage with low maintence required then this is a perfet car! Props to VW!

Passat TDI

by Kevin from Yorba Linda, Ca on Mon May 12 2014

I could not be happier with the power and MGP. We recently got over 52 MPG coming back from a trip. I would highly recommend the car. Hopefully it will be reliable

Kudos to German Engineering

by LauraB Funko Fan from Dallas, TX on Wed Aug 22 2018

I have never before owned a Volkswagen. I wasn't even considering one when I went looking to replace my Honda Civic. Maybe because I didn't know much about the brand or thought a VW was out of my price range. I was thinking that I would purchase a pre-owned Kia Soul. I went to three or four used car dealerships, test drove a Soul but wasn't really impressed with the way it handled. Then I went to another dealership where the salesman asked me if I would be interested in a Passat. I took one look at the cars interior and was in love. It looked like the inside of a BMW. What really sold me was the way the car handled, the responsiveness, great turn radius, and the solid thunk of the doors when you closed them. The size of the trunk was a pleasant surprise as well. There is nothing that I don't like about the car. For the same price of a used Kia, I got a well-made machine that should last me for years to come.

Best Car Ever Owned

by VW Enthusiast from Apopka, FL on Thu Jul 24 2014

Just love my new Passat TDI. We took a trip and the mileage was 40-45 miles per gallon even in the mountains. So comfortable and roomy. Glad we made the decision.

Great Experience

by Lisa from Springfield, VA on Sat Jun 28 2014

Good Service and friendly staff. I would recommend this place to friends and family. I would be back to service my car here as well. Thank you for a great experience.

beautiful styling

by retired from Pacifica, California on Tue Mar 25 2014

Car drives and handles beautifully, comfortable and roomy on a long drive. Interior layout is well designed and all controls are within easy reach of driver's position. Very large trunk and good all around visibilty.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2014 Volkswagen Passat

Editor's note: This review was written in October 2013 about the 2013 Volkswagen Passat. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

While the 2013 Volkswagen Passat's straightforward simplicity may not win over the tech-addicted, its massive rear seat legroom should certainly win over those who plan to use it for real live people.

The Passat was redesigned in 2012, and for 2013 has a few minor changes, namely a new center console with rear air vents in the SE and higher trims, and a backup camera in the SEL. Compare the 2013 version side by side with its 2012 predecessor here. Technically a... Read More