NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2014 Passat

2014 Volkswagen Passat

2014 Volkswagen Passat

Have You Driven the 2014 Volkswagen Passat?

Wonderful

by Dr Larry from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl on Sat Jun 27 2015

I am really happy with my new car. It came with very low mileage and in perfect condition and the price was exceptional. I love driving this car and I hope to have it a very long time. It has a very sophisticated look and it is very roomy.

Reliable, luxury, and economic car all in one!

by GuillermoCA, College student from CA on Tue Jun 27 2017

I know VW has had a bad reputation within the last couple of years. However, I bought this 2014 VW Passat SE and I give a standing applause to VW. Interior: Leather trimmed, feels like im in a BMW. Not to mention the speakers are insanely good and the overall trim feels luxurious. There is ample amount of leg room and shoulder room and the trunk space is more than enough. Reliability: So far I have not had any issues with the car at all! I drive from the bay to a little past LA on a tank of gas, the MPG is amazing on the highway, in the city I feel that its above average, like right under a honda civic or a toyota in terms of MPG City. The only thing ive done is oil changes and tire change and ive put about 80000 miles on it. Great car! If you are looking for a car that looks luxurious inside and out, with great amazing room and sound system. That also gets great gas miliage with low maintence required then this is a perfet car! Props to VW!

Kudos to German Engineering

by LauraB Funko Fan from Dallas, TX on Wed Aug 22 2018

I have never before owned a Volkswagen. I wasn't even considering one when I went looking to replace my Honda Civic. Maybe because I didn't know much about the brand or thought a VW was out of my price range. I was thinking that I would purchase a pre-owned Kia Soul. I went to three or four used car dealerships, test drove a Soul but wasn't really impressed with the way it handled. Then I went to another dealership where the salesman asked me if I would be interested in a Passat. I took one look at the cars interior and was in love. It looked like the inside of a BMW. What really sold me was the way the car handled, the responsiveness, great turn radius, and the solid thunk of the doors when you closed them. The size of the trunk was a pleasant surprise as well. There is nothing that I don't like about the car. For the same price of a used Kia, I got a well-made machine that should last me for years to come.

Surprisingly Happy

by Female Driver from Louisiana on Mon Jul 07 2014

Everyone, family & friends, thought we were crazy buying the VW Passat TDI Sel w/ Sun. & Nav., Diesel. Extremely happy w/ performance, styling, comfort & space, and mileage $$$savings! Only one question is there a difference in the color Opera Red and Claret? Paid higher, no deals cut, but worth every penny. After looking @ Fusion, Taurus, Sonata, Malibu, Impala, LaCrosse, we made the right decision. Husband wants to know if VW will make a P/U truck? VW Passat car package - BRILLIANT. .

Great car

by TDI from Humble, TX on Sun Sep 14 2014

First VW I have owned. I have the TDI model. Great on mpg but the electronics, navigation/radio is a little behind on technology. When car moving can adjust almost any features. Great car

After 4 years, still perfect!

by K & B from Nebraska on Thu Mar 22 2018

Bought new 2014 Passat 1.8T (gas) four years ago, and it still exceeds our expectations at 50K miles. No issues! Super quiet, comfortable, quick, torquey, roomy, and a joy to drive on short or long trips. MPG is unreal; high 30's typically, sometimes better. Have driven 6 hours straight at 80 MPH and gotten 38+ MPG... seriously. We still LOVE this car! It is the best of many brands and models we have owned over 40 years.

Passat TDI

by Kevin from Yorba Linda, Ca on Mon May 12 2014

I could not be happier with the power and MGP. We recently got over 52 MPG coming back from a trip. I would highly recommend the car. Hopefully it will be reliable

Good. car

by flbntz from Hanover, PA on Mon Sep 15 2014

Had a 1973 Super Beetle, and 2010 Golf. Liked them both. I like the engine, design, and sparse emptiness of the cars interior design. Its definitely a Volkswagen.

beautiful styling

by retired from Pacifica, California on Tue Mar 25 2014

Car drives and handles beautifully, comfortable and roomy on a long drive. Interior layout is well designed and all controls are within easy reach of driver's position. Very large trunk and good all around visibilty.

Best Car Ever Owned

by VW Enthusiast from Apopka, FL on Thu Jul 24 2014

Just love my new Passat TDI. We took a trip and the mileage was 40-45 miles per gallon even in the mountains. So comfortable and roomy. Glad we made the decision.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2014 Volkswagen Passat

Editor's note: This review was written in October 2013 about the 2013 Volkswagen Passat. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

While the 2013 Volkswagen Passat's straightforward simplicity may not win over the tech-addicted, its massive rear seat legroom should certainly win over those who plan to use it for real live people.

The Passat was redesigned in 2012, and for 2013 has a few minor changes, namely a new center console with rear air vents in the SE and higher trims, and a backup camera in the SEL. Compare the 2013 version side by side with its 2012 predecessor here. Technically a... Read More