2014 Volkswagen Passat

A car for the Everyman

by on September 21, 2017

Does this describe you: you hate shopping around when it comes to cars, have no interest in being stimulated in any way behind the wheel of a vehicle, and place practicality above all sense of joy, style and uniqueness. Well, if so, you have found your car. Designed by a board room scrutinizing market consumer data to build the car that ticks all the boxes for the masses. It’s a shame the same company that brings us the GTi cannot provide any more soul to the rest of their offerings. The Passat will last you a long time, has excellent cabin space and good for hauling a family for those not wanting an suv. But it is also a sign that vw, like so many other manufacturers, have forgotten why people love cars. Individualism, beauty in design, and fun have been cast aside and I their place we get cookie cutter vehicles for the Everyman.

TDI Buyback Car

by from Decorah, Iowa on September 17, 2017

My previous 2014 VW Passat TDI SEL Preminum was over all a really good car. It's only short coming was in the Paint Finish. Car had a Excellent Power. 240 HP. A very well thought out interior with quality materials. Car came equipped amazing Continental Tires. Car handled like it was on rails. Sold it because of VW Buyback program.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Really happy with my purchase

by from Lindsay ok on September 9, 2017

This is my favorite because I've owned so pleased with the Passat, drives great smooth ride, amazing quality, simply beautiful design

Favorite car so far

by on August 31, 2017

I just bought a 2014 Passat 1.8 Turbo, and I absolutely love it! The gas mileage is amazing. After we bought the car we took it on a family vacation and we drove over 600 miles before we had to fuel up. Also it is very comfortable in the front and back and has very stylish interior.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Its been a great car

by from Agassiz BC on August 23, 2017

I've loved it since I've owned it and its been very great. I love the way it speeds up fast and the system for music.

Uses car for Havingfun

2014 Passat TDI SEL

by from Winfield, PA on July 29, 2017

Consistently meets expectations. Spacious, comfortable, smooth ride, > 45 mpg, excellent sound system. I commonly average 35K miles annually.

Passat TDI SEL

by from Winfield, PA on July 29, 2017

Consistently meets my expectation- spacious comfort and practical fuel economy. I typically drive > 35k miles annually.

Reliable, luxury, and economic car all in one!

by from CA on June 27, 2017

I know VW has had a bad reputation within the last couple of years. However, I bought this 2014 VW Passat SE and I give a standing applause to VW. Interior: Leather trimmed, feels like im in a BMW. Not to mention the speakers are insanely good and the overall trim feels luxurious. There is ample amount of leg room and shoulder room and the trunk space is more than enough. Reliability: So far I have not had any issues with the car at all! I drive from the bay to a little past LA on a tank of gas, the MPG is amazing on the highway, in the city I feel that its above average, like right under a honda civic or a toyota in terms of MPG City. The only thing ive done is oil changes and tire change and ive put about 80000 miles on it. Great car! If you are looking for a car that looks luxurious inside and out, with great amazing room and sound system. That also gets great gas miliage with low maintence required then this is a perfet car! Props to VW!

Great car

by from toronto, on May 9, 2017

Huge trunk space, amazing gas mileage and great torque. Almost 110,000 kms and have not had any mechanical or electronic issues (except the recall for the heater core).

Very good vehicle for the money.

by from on March 21, 2017

Our passat is only a 1.8 liter but it does have a turbo which gives it enough power to get in and out of traffic. We usually get around 30 miles per gallon with mostly highway miles however on a recent cross country trip we averaged a little over 36 miles per gallon. So far we have been very pleased.

Our Expert Review: 2014 Volkswagen Passat