Read or write a review.

Change Year
Average based on 7 reviews

unbelievable

by from Branford, CT. on February 4, 2011

my volvo has 191,600 mi. I never added a qt. of oil, serviced every 3000mi. Had a mechanic who works on volvos only. only repairs i"ve experience would be expected after 23 yrs, plus i still get 24.5 mpg on the highway. HOW COULD YOU GO WRONG ??????

Best car I ever owned next to my '67 Mustang

by from Albuquerque, NM on January 12, 2010

After 25-years and 275,000+ miles, my 1982 Volvo wagon started costing me money. I loved this car! It never let me down, was comfortable, and started up the first time every time in any weather. Except for that no power thing ("Don't rush me, we'll get there), my Volvo 240 was what every car should be. So, with much remorse, and after being told the front end was shot, I purchased a 2002 Volvo V70, which, at first, was like riding a hot througbred with the bit clutched between its teeth. I mean, this car likes to GO! But I digress. Thank you Volvo gods for making such a fine, luxurious, dependable car. I just hope they don't get "screwed up" with all the take-overs.

Very Reliable

by from Des Moines, IA on November 26, 2008

I have owned two Volvo 240's: a 244 sedan and a 245 wagon. They are the most comfortable cars I have ever owned and VERY reliable. The only glitch: the pneumatic heater switching system on the dash board is a pain if you get a pinhole in the tubing. Other than that, this is as close to perfect as it comes!

1980 volvo/4dr/2 TONE/BROWN

by from w.s. n.c. on February 19, 2010

I DROVE IT AT A USED CAR LOT IN WINSON SALEM N.C. IT HAD A ELECTRIC PROBLEM MINOR AND PAID $500. for it and i repaired it my self witch cost $15 for a rear light honest. it toke 1hr to do.and ive had it ever since.and at this time im in R.I. WITH IT IT HAS OVER 200.000 MILES ON IT BUT WHEN I BOUGHT IT IT ONLY HAD 45.000 IT TAKES ME ANY WEAR I WANT TO GO IT IS THE MOST VALUABLE CAR IVE EVER HAD IN MY 42YRS OF OWNING A CAR.

First Car, but a great car!

by from Bomoseen, VT on May 12, 2007

Being my first car, I was skeptical about the looks, but once I took the drive it was love at first sight! Great handling but it's hard to notice when the spedometer slides up to 80mph! Great Car!!

Very reliable

by from Tn on March 13, 2012

Very, very efficient on fuel, and not all that lacking in power. Great car. It's not that uncomfortable either, lol.

240

by from charlottesville va. on December 26, 2011

super great car for the money and safe. The car suprise my daughter and friends they are now volvo 240 believers