2005 S40

2005 Volvo S40

2005 Volvo S40

4.4

Have You Driven the 2005 Volvo S40?

LOVE!!!!

by mnm0704 from Portland, OR on Thu Dec 25 2008

I LOVE my S-40!!! I never thought I would own a Volvo. Untill I was looking at BMW's. I came across a Volvo S-40. I really had my heart set on a 328ci. Untill I drove the S-40 and was sold! I love everything about this car. I have not had any problems with it. And all my friend and family realy like it.It also drives great in the snow. You get a lot for your money. GO DRIVE A VOLVO and see for yourself! Enjoy!

I heart Volvo

by Volvo Love from Chicago on Sat Jun 23 2007

Great car, great first car. I love this car, it is great, all my friends want one... So easy to get around and decent gas mileage. Good for the environment. It has yellow steal, which makes it a very safe car to drive.

Great car

by RogueDiver from Western Maryland on Sat Dec 10 2016

When looking for a used car, I wanted to find something comfortable, had all wheel drive, and was reasonable with gas consumption. The S40 T5 met those requirements and then some. I'm a big believer in this car. It handles great, has plenty of power and is very reliable. While the maintenance of this vehicle is more expensive than originally expected, the trade off is well worth it. The car is very safe and feels that way when driving. Handles very well in snow and slippery conditions. The T5 has the horsepower and pick up to get up to speed as well as pass when needed. It's a great car and I'm very happy with it.

I love this car!

by Monty-volvo s40 from Southern Maryland on Mon Oct 10 2011

As the title says I love this car. I have a 2005 manual s40. I've run across a few problems with it which typically would be an easy fix but I live no where near a Volvo dealer to get it worked on. There is a recall on the fuel pump which I believe Volvo is fixing. The control for the a/c and heat are just knobs and the temp is on a display where the cd player is located. There is no aux cord and to replace the center console it'll have to be taken to Volvo like everything else. Only real draw back thus far.

Great Value, Great Volvo, but...

by Jacob from Austin, TX on Tue May 09 2006

I bought this car last winter, and so far I haven't had a single problem with it. This is as reliable as my previous Toyota. Overall, I think the car is a good value. For about $10,000 less than a BMW 3, you get about the same in terms of exterior styling and luxury. The car is fashionably designed on the outside -- beautiful lights, doors, tail, etc. The inside is nice for the most part, but there is a lot of room for improvement along the door trimming, dashboard, and doors. Also, while the center console is flat and chic, the display is still rather dated. The graphics and readouts are pretty cheesy. The seats are comfortable and minimal (Scandinavian, I suppose). I do wish there was more leg room in the back. My friends constantly complain that there is less legroom back there than a two-seater. Volvo could have added another 6-inches or a foot to the length of the car to make it a true 4-door sedan. As far as handling is concerned, the car drives well. It is not very powerful (only 168 hp), and this is noticeable on steep hills and when accelerating onto a highway. I notice a bit of drag and slow responsiveness when power is most important. I have the 2.4i trim (not sure about the T5), but I find it a bit irksome. Another huge issue for me is iPod integration. This car (because of its MOST fibre optic audio system) cannot accept any auxilary sound sources. I think it's rather dumb of Volvo to not have considered this option when building the car. I must resolve to using an FM transmitter to get sound on my radio... All in all, this is a good, reliable car. For the price tag, you get a nice, semi-luxurious sports sedan. Don't expect much power or available features, but all in all, I love it!

What's not to love!?

by lovinmycar! from San Luis Obispo, CA on Thu Nov 19 2009

I love my 2005 Volvo S40i. I purchased this car used in april 2009 and its the best vehicle i've bought! At first I was attracted by how the car looked. Its comparable to BMW 325, but it costs much less. The gas mileage is great and it turns heads whereever I go. The only thing that is a negative is the key fob (because it does not have an old school key)ignition stopped working and I could not start my car. I had it towed to the nearest dealership and they reset it... at the toon of $650! Besides that i've had no other issues! If your looking for a fun and safe car, (it got me a good discount on insurance since im a female under the age of 25)get to the nearest dealership and get one! happy driving!

Best overall car I've owned.

by SirWiIIiams from on Tue Mar 21 2017

Bought this car 2 years ago to replace my sporty Japanese coupe, due to my wife gething pregnant. This car offers both sporty driving and excellent luxury. I can drive in comfort with my family, and when I'm alone, I can drive for fun. This car compares to the BMW 330 series, and by all means, it blows it out of the water. The reliability of this car has been amazing thus far. Zero maintenance over the last 40,000 miles.

my husbend ouns a volvo

by stephaniedouglas from Chattanooga on Mon Apr 10 2017

some one hit me in the back on my huseands car the car kept me safe i was not hurt but sore but most of all i am here all because my car kept me safe

LOVE THIS CAR

by DSM Iowa S40 lover from Des Moines Iowa on Fri Dec 05 2014

All I can say is I love this car. I has a c30 before this one and both are amazing to own. I have nothing but love for volvo and the S40. Not one issue with this car to date.

Sporty,reliable and fun to drive

by Vsportawd from Reading,pa. on Mon Nov 06 2017

Never broke down, was good on gas, handled very well. I loved this car. In the 12 yrs. I owned it ,I had very few problems. Great in the snow.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2005 Volvo S40

Have you ever seen a movie and a day later can't remember what it was about? I have several examples of movies that haven't left an impression on me. I was going to name a few, but I just can't remember their titles, which demonstrates my point. The 2005 Volvo S40 will go down in my database of cars (like movies) that won't leave a lasting impression on me. There's nothing terribly noteworthy about it. It's fine to drive, not stellar and not awful either. It's just there.

I'm sure I'm going to have some speed demon, testosterone laden person write to me complaining that I didn't mention the S40's Turbocharged, All Aluminum Engine with DOHC Variable Valve Timing. Don't panic. I don't know what variable... Read More