2002 S60

2002 Volvo S60

2002 Volvo S60

4.5

Have You Driven the 2002 Volvo S60?

enjoyable all around

by for the love of my car from Zanesville, Ohio on Thu Sep 23 2010

My Volvo s60 has been great. It?s very comfortable to drive, has a great ride and every accesory I'd need and then some. When I want to enjoy driving (a little faster than normally) the turbo provides a great boost of speed that reminds me my car is about more than comfort. I have been an Acura fan in the past and like this car just as much, maybe even a bit more.

Excellent Car

by Ash from Palo Alto, CA on Thu Dec 13 2007

Good for the price. Comfortable yet furious on the road. Very safe and excellent stability. Good handling.

Volvo

by City Girl from Baltimore on Sat Mar 24 2007

I like the style and comfort. I have, however, had a number of small "nuisance" type problems -- most related to electronic systems -- i.e. the power locks, cruise control, etc. I've also had problems with the Volvo Service Center.

Best looking car I have owned

by Fan of the Volvo from Gastonia, NC on Mon Sep 30 2013

This was the car I was looking for and when I saw it I did not consider any other. In have owned other Volvos and I know what to expect from them. They are reliable with very little problems and will keep on running with proper care. This car is easy to handle rides smooth and has lots of power for interstate travel. This is a car that I would recommend to anyone who wants a midsize car, and it looks so good on the highway.

Very safe

by Benjamin from Richmond, VA on Thu Aug 24 2006

Great performance, lots of room, great pick up, we loved this car, family fits, handels nicely, easy to park, nice seats, can drive far and not get tired back

A New experience for me

by FotoGuy from Michigan on Sun Oct 23 2016

This is a good looking, nice driving, and economical vehicle. I had driven a older Buick Regal and thought driving this smaller car would not be as comfortable. But to my surprise it is. Good gas milage as I average about 29 mpg. My only con would be the cost and inconvenience of getting a spare key. It is laser cut and programmed to match the chip in the car.

Great Cat!

by OLISMALLS from WESTMINSTER, CA on Thu Apr 20 2017

I owned and drive this car for 15 years. It was such a reliable car and never left me stranded. The interior stays nice, except for the center console scratches easily. The paint did well until I moved to the California sun then faded a bit on the trunk lid. The turning radius stinks, otherwise I would've given it 5 Stars.

Definitely Recommend

by BostonDan from Boston, MA on Thu May 14 2009

Bought the car certified pre owned from Volvo at 52k. I have 105k on it now and still love the car. The AWD is helpful for winter in New England. Seats are incredibly comfortable. Looks great and gets great gas mileage (I get just under 25 MPG combined). I've just had some expensive repairs (new brakes, timing belt) at 100k, but I'm expecting the car to go for at least 200k so it's worth the investment. Surprisingly good sound system, too.

GREAT CAR - EVEN WITH HIGH MILES!

by Volvochic777 from Fort Wayne, IN on Tue Dec 28 2010

I bought this car with 123,000 miles from a used dealer. It was not well taken care of by previous owners so I had to put about $2000 worth of work into it. The Volvo dealership did NOTHING for me so I had to outsource to a certified German car mechanic. My car came back running PERFECTLY! At 143,000 miles it is still going strong!! The electrical system such as door locks, windows, and headlights seem to have issues but it is an easy fix with my mechanic. VERY reliable for the price!!

2002 Volvo S60 2.4T

by Brand New Volvo Lover from Philadelphia on Tue Feb 03 2009

Before purchasing this car I test drove every luxury vehicle, I wasn't all that impressed. Until I test drove this car, I feel madly in love with everything about it! Of course, it has all the upgrades! Really, I don't think I could ever be this impressed with one car..Volvo S60! Each day, this car makes me so happy. I don't know if I could ever drive another car and be this excited. There are NO cars that can even come close in beauty, luxurious comfort, safety, very low gas mileage, great pick up, quiet/smooth drive and the heated leather seats are breath taking! My auto insurance actually went down and I've always driven foreign cars!

1 2

Our Take on the 2002 Volvo S60

Here in what we call the Midwest, Left Coasters call Back East, and Easterners call Indian Country, we spent all summer hoping and praying for rain, but neither our optimism nor our pleas for intercession were heeded.

It was a near-disaster for farmers, as I frequently reminded myself when I lamented the lack of precipitation's impact on my requirements as an auto tester. If I managed the weather, there would be at least one day a week with steady, sometimes torrential rain, the better to judge vehicles' tap-dancing prowess. Ah, well, absent the cloud droppings, one does the best one can, substituting more vigorous driving for the loss of friction nature sometimes provides.

The week I tested today's... Read More